Why this lockdown?

MaryL

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2011
Midwestern U.S.
Ever had the common flu? I know many people that have had Covid19 . We have yearly influenzas. No lock downs on them. is this a political thing?

I hate lockdowns....even if it's for two or three days.

I hate all this.

I hate Communist China.

I hate it....that's all.
You still locked down in China eh?

No, thanks God.

I hate Communist China for releasing the China flu.... I hate it.
They never had ahold of it to release it. Do you still blame the Persians for the plague in ancient Rome because soldiers carried it back to Rome after being in Persia?

Ever had the common flu? I know many people that have had Covid19 . We have yearly influenzas. No lock downs on them. is this a political thing?
Probably has something to do with the 320,845 dead people, that were live people before they got Covid-19 in the last 9 months, an unheard of number for seasonal flu in the United States. Although it might be more specifically because we are averaging close to 3,000 deaths a day of people for the last week that caught it in November. Then again, could have something to do with the almost daily last words of dying people who had been Covid deniers and trump supporters who learned better on their death beds, wishing they had listened to the public health people and warning their family and friends, they were wrong and should be taking precautions. It certainly does not help that trump had HHS stupidly, secretly planning and encouraging free transmission to achieve "herd" immunity over the next 2 or 3 years.

Probably has something to do with the 320,845 dead people, that were live people before they got Covid-19 in the last 9 months, an unheard of number for seasonal flu in the United States. Although it might be more specifically because we are averaging close to 3,000 deaths a day of people for the last week that caught it in November. Then again, could have something to do with the almost daily last words of dying people who had been Covid deniers and trump supporters who learned better on their death beds, wishing they had listened to the public health people and warning their family and friends, they were wrong and should be taking precautions. It certainly does not help that trump had HHS stupidly, secretly planning and encouraging free transmission to achieve "herd" immunity over the next 2 or 3 years.
I can't counter that other than far more people die every day of everything else. Car accidents, various cancers.

Seasonal flu usually has a vaccine that can be taken. Without the flu vaccines, yes, it would be those kind of numbers with many strains.

I can't counter that other than far more people die every day of everything else. Car accidents, various cancers.
It is ok, I knew you could not counter it. The dead people talking from their hospital beds could not counter the truth of the Covid-19 epidemic either, and they tried with everything they had.

Is Covid bad? ... I'd say yes, currently 6 times a bad seasonal flu ... is it so bad to tank our fragile economy? ... I don't know, reserving judgement ... there is a bit of hysteria associated with this epidemic, as is natural ... the medical industry and their commercial media lap-dogs certainly have a vested interest on keeping people afraid and paying those health insurance premiums ... whip up a public scare and [ka'ching] hospital stock dividends will be going up ...

Getting herd immunity means killing off the susceptible children before they have a chance to pass on those defective genes ... it takes a few generations but eventually only the able will have survived and will now basically be immune from the virus ... it's been centuries since any massive outbreak of the Black Death ... herd immunity ... just sick if you want my opinion ...

is your state having a lockdown?

when you have zero hospital beds opened for covid patients and other patients then they dont have much of a choice.... whomever it is.....
I'll try and connect the dots that you laid down. Not sure that shutting down businesses means less cases.
The basic science of it is; less human contact, becomes fewer human hosts for the virus to spread to....

It takes about 3 to 4 weeks to see the hospitalizations and daily deaths start to go down....

The only reason for the restrictions is to keep hospitals from being overwhelmed.

This whole thing is bringing to light the state of our medical care delivery system.

In short our entire health care system has been designed to operate at near 100% capacity based on just in time inventory and a quick turnaround of beds.

The problem there is when something like this happens that stresses the system there is no flexibility and the entire health care chain snaps

The spread factor and the reality we lack the hospital beds and staff for this pandemic.

Covid spreads faster than the flu and is not like the flu but more like a viral pneumonia that spreads quickly through the population that attacks the lungs and kills the elderly and sick...

Forum List

Back