Why there is no middle ground with the Left

Read the OP and get back to me. You might want read up on our form of government, what we have is a representative, constitutional democracy.
to be nice, you could not be more ignorant.

You say we are a constitutional democracy, prove it. Of course, remember the electoral system is part of a Republic, but not of a Democracy. But go ahead and try to prove what you think. You are going to fal flat on your face.

Article IV section 4
The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government

Read the OP and get back to me. You might want read up on our form of government, what we have is a representative, constitutional democracy.
Of course, before I went off on you, I should of read your link. Typically I find that the ignorant, will link to something that prove themselves wrong. So, I followed you link and I will quote from your link. Happily, you link proves you wrong. I know there is ignorance, and I can not be sorry in saying the following, but it is a special kind of stupid that links to something that proves them wrong. In your case, you prove yourself wrong with your link. Thank you.

Federal Republic Federal republics are countries that are actually a union of states, all of which operate on a republican form of government. In order to qualify as a federal republic, states have to have independence to make their own laws and decisions, as long as those laws don't conflict with policies established for the entire country on the federal level. (In this way, states function as a mini-republic, complete with elected officials and an elected head of state, like a governor!) Examples of federal republics include the United States, Germany, and Switzerland.

Needless to say, nobody on the left is saying not to never negotiate with the right.

That's because we're not trying to justify violence by pretending the other side is irreedmably evil.

Lol…yes, yes it does sound like a petulant child…now I am thinking you’re closer to 14.

There it is again. Another childish rebuttal because you can't support what you said. For Christ sake idiot, shut your mouth and only appear stupid instead of replying like that and remove all doubt.

There it is again. Another childish rebuttal because you can't support what you said. For Christ sake idiot, shut your mouth and only appear stupid instead of replying like that and remove all doubt.
I’d love to have you come on over and shut it for me little Colin….

Of course, before I went off on you, I should of read your link. Typically I find that the ignorant, will link to something that prove themselves wrong. So, I followed you link and I will quote from your link. Happily, you link proves you wrong. I know there is ignorance, and I can not be sorry in saying the following, but it is a special kind of stupid that links to something that proves them wrong. In your case, you prove yourself wrong with your link. Thank you.
If you had both read and understood the linked article you would have see this structure:
  • The 3 Major Types of Democracies
    • Direct Democracy
    • Representative Democracy

• Constitutional Democracy

Let me give you an example on global warming. I was having a discussion with a friend, and we have different views on the subject. However, we actually agreed with many things that should be done. We all know GW exists, but it is a matter of if it is a natural occurrence, or caused by humans (and farting cows). He wanted cleaner air, I wanted cleaner air. He wanted clean water, and so did I. Etc, etc. There were a lot of things we agreed on. He wanted this because he thinks man is causing these changes in climate. I wanted these things because it makes sense that breathing maskless fresh air, fishing in clean lakes and streams, etc. was something everyone wanted. I felt we found a middle ground...but I was wrong. When I mentioned that there appears to be a compromise he stated that there could be no compromise until the right recognizes the issue is manmade, and that we can't start to even look any further until that was recognized. Every leftist there agreed.
Its that word EVERY in your post that stops us from ever getting anything meaningful done. I lean liberal on more things than conservative. But not All things, & am more than willing to meet in the middle on many more. And I am not the only one. The word EVERY is dishonest, not one single person knows what is in the minds of Every one. IF you only hear and believe one side of any situation you will never be well informed. That go's for the kool Aid drinkers of both party's.

Let me give you an example on global warming. I was having a discussion with a friend, and we have different views on the subject. However, we actually agreed with many things that should be done. We all know GW exists, but it is a matter of if it is a natural occurrence, or caused by humans (and farting cows). He wanted cleaner air, I wanted cleaner air. He wanted clean water, and so did I. Etc, etc. There were a lot of things we agreed on. He wanted this because he thinks man is causing these changes in climate. I wanted these things because it makes sense that breathing maskless fresh air, fishing in clean lakes and streams, etc. was something everyone wanted. I felt we found a middle ground...but I was wrong. When I mentioned that there appears to be a compromise he stated that there could be no compromise until the right recognizes the issue is manmade, and that we can't start to even look any further until that was recognized. Every leftist there agreed.

I think it's fair to say that not every Leftist is so unwilling to compromise. Those moderates though are afraid to cross the more extreme progressives for fear of being cancelled and primaried out of office. IOW, they are too afraid of losing their job to do their job as it should be done. So, they keep their mouth shut and do as they're told like good little lemming democrats. But the problem is that even if they don't lose in the primaries, their risk of losing to a republican increases in the general, depending on how blue their state and district is. The democrats seem to have forgotten how bad they lost in 2010, shifting so far to the Left cost them big time and now they are shifting way further to the Left and expecting to survive.

Forum List

Back