WHY the statement by Obama "Over half of all Americans have pre-existing conditions" was a LIE and IS NOT an issue!

Did Obama lie about everything? Yes.

Do people want insurance companies to be able to deny people over pre-existing conditions? No.

Trump has been saying that they are keeping Pre existing conditions....So, before you lie and say he isn't going to do that, it runs counter to what he is saying.

And when specifically asked how that will happen he has nothing.

Trump says lots of things.

Yeah? And how long during the conception of O-care did we hear nothing about what the specifics were? Hell, even Nancy said 'We'll have to pass the bill, to know what's in the bill'...

So, drop the double standard....Or admit that the threat of Trump doing away with PEC's is just a lie...

Bite me. I said Obama lied. I'm not the one with a double standard. Get a mirror.

The threat is NOT a lie. The Republicans could have passed or even presented something by now if they really meant it.

Ok, if the "threat is not a lie" then it should be super easy for you to post where Trump said he was going to have to get rid of PEC's....

Oh, and btw, your opening to this post highlights that you know I'm right.

Trump is arguing in the courts to end them. He is doing nothing in the legislature to do anything to keep them.

Post his arguments in the courts, and highlight the part doing away with PEC's please...

There’s no reason to believe Trump will protect pre-existing conditions

Do people want insurance companies to be able to deny people over pre-existing conditions? No.

Trump has been saying that they are keeping Pre existing conditions....So, before you lie and say he isn't going to do that, it runs counter to what he is saying.

Yeah? And how long during the conception of O-care did we hear nothing about what the specifics were? Hell, even Nancy said 'We'll have to pass the bill, to know what's in the bill'...

So, drop the double standard....Or admit that the threat of Trump doing away with PEC's is just a lie...

Bite me. I said Obama lied. I'm not the one with a double standard. Get a mirror.

The threat is NOT a lie. The Republicans could have passed or even presented something by now if they really meant it.

Ok, if the "threat is not a lie" then it should be super easy for you to post where Trump said he was going to have to get rid of PEC's....

Trump is arguing in the courts to end them. He is doing nothing in the legislature to do anything to keep them.

Post his arguments in the courts, and highlight the part doing away with PEC's please...

This statement flies in the face of the actions Trump has actually taken during his presidency. For one, he is responsible for legislation that allows the sale of cheap, lightly regulated insurance plans that are not required to cover sick patients. Other, unsuccessful legislation he has supported would erode many of the core protections of the pre-existing provision. His administration is also gearing up to argue before the Supreme Court in November that the Affordable Care Act is unconstitutionaldespite having no plan for a replacement. More than 20 million Americans currently rely on Obamacare for health insurance coverage.

epic fail!
~S~

This statement flies in the face of the actions Trump has actually taken during his presidency. For one, he is responsible for legislation that allows the sale of cheap, lightly regulated insurance plans that are not required to cover sick patients. Other, unsuccessful legislation he has supported would erode many of the core protections of the pre-existing provision. His administration is also gearing up to argue before the Supreme Court in November that the Affordable Care Act is unconstitutionaldespite having no plan for a replacement. More than 20 million Americans currently rely on Obamacare for health insurance coverage.

epic fail!
~S~

Not a fail at all...The O-care plan already substituted crappy plans for those that couldn't afford the 'Caddilac plans', and it opened businesses offering these plans in leiu of having to offer substantive plans that cost more...Second you have NO idea what the hell Trump or Republican's are working on...They haven't said, doesn't mean that they don't have anything....The only fail is you believing the propaganda put out by the biased media...

So, you link me to a progressive story, linking to the NYTimes, and expect me to believe that you are balanced in your thought process? Nice try...

Again avoiding what I asked you to do in backing up your claim...So, three stikes and you're out....Have a nice day....

So, you link me to a progressive story, linking to the NYTimes, and expect me to believe that you are balanced in your thought process? Nice try...

Again avoiding what I asked you to do in backing up your claim...So, three stikes and you're out....Have a nice day....

When you see Fortune as a progressive site the problem is obvious.

When you see Fortune as a progressive site the problem is obvious.

I didn't say that Fortune was, but the writer of the story definately is....Full on believer of the 1619 project....

As most of these Obama Care promises have fallen by the wayside, the Obama administration has had to emphasize the still undiscredited crises, such as pre-existing conditions.
The problem is that the administration could find such a crisis only by lying with statistics.

Obama’s Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) incredibly determined that almost half the American population could be ineligible for health insurance due to a preexisting condition. This sure sounds like a crisis, but the HHS simply counted all Americans with asthma, bad backs, diabetes, hypertension, and other chronic diseases that theoretically could be a reason to deny coverage or charge a higher premium.
According to the latest Census Bureau data, 309 million Americans have health insurance. Of these 4 percent are covered by directly purchased insurance alone. The remaining 96 percent are covered by government or company insurance or some combination. Government health insurance does not allow discrimination based on preexisting conditions. Company insurance typically does not either, insofar as the risk pool is already incorporated in the premiums, and there are portability requirements in moving from company to company.

Thus 12 million people purchased private direct purchased health insurance on the eve of Obama Care. Insurance industry studies show that one in eight applicants for private health insurance have preexisting conditions that affect their eligibility or premiums.
This gives a total of 1.5 million Americans who were denied health insurance or paid higher premiums due to pre-existing conditions.

The Obama administration has lied with statistics!
Instead of 150 million, there are 1.5 million Americans, who “cannot get insurance or must pay higher premiums due to pre-existing conditions.” The pre-existing conditions crisis becomes a gnat bite when things are measured correctly. How to Lie with Statistics of the 1960s showed how to fudge statistics a little, not to exaggerate by a hundred-fold. The Obama administration has taken this to a new level befitting the 21st century.

Now further proof that the "Pre-existing conditions" issue was totally blown out of proportion...
How many people signed up for Obamacare's "Pre-Existing Conditions Insurance Plan:
If you don't believe this chart.. Go to this government web site:
Total enrollment as of January 31, 2014... ONLY 19,569! Think about that number! And we were told by Obama "Over half (160 million) of All Americans...."
If so where are the 160 million enrollees in Obamacare Pre-existing conditions!
THINK folks THINK! A total gross misrepresentation of a FACT for sure.. Over half of all Americans have Pre-existing conditions.... BUT 50% of those 160 million
have employer health which pays for pre-existing conditions! Total lie!
Well I don't know so much about that. Half the country seems to be or at least was democrat so that's half that suffers from terminal stupidity. Isn't that a pre existing condition?

Good point! These people that supported Obama/Biden/AOC/et.al. do have at the minimum an IDS...information deficiency syndrome!

Not a fail at all...The O-care plan already substituted crappy plans for those that couldn't afford the 'Caddilac plans', and it opened businesses offering these plans in leiu of having to offer substantive plans that cost more..

yup, and the only reason i'm still in biz is because of one of Obama's 'crappy' plans

Second you have NO idea what the hell Trump or Republican's are working on

seems they don't either, or do you actually think campaign season would stifle them?

seriously...

The only fail is you believing the propaganda put out by the biased media...

or you!

~S~

Whether you like ACA or not is not the issue.

Half the country DOES have pre-existing conditions and yes... that IS an issue

Not a fail at all...The O-care plan already substituted crappy plans for those that couldn't afford the 'Caddilac plans', and it opened businesses offering these plans in leiu of having to offer substantive plans that cost more..

yup, and the only reason i'm still in biz is because of one of Obama's 'crappy' plans

Second you have NO idea what the hell Trump or Republican's are working on

seems they don't either, or do you actually think campaign season would stifle them?

seriously...

The only fail is you believing the propaganda put out by the biased media...

or you!

~S~

Well thanks for showing us a couple of things...
1. you don't care enough about your employees than to offer them some bull shit health plan that costs too much, and covers literally nothing...

And 2. that you can muster a Pee Wee Herman defense...

Not impressive at all.

As most of these Obama Care promises have fallen by the wayside, the Obama administration has had to emphasize the still undiscredited crises, such as pre-existing conditions.
The problem is that the administration could find such a crisis only by lying with statistics.

Obama’s Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) incredibly determined that almost half the American population could be ineligible for health insurance due to a preexisting condition. This sure sounds like a crisis, but the HHS simply counted all Americans with asthma, bad backs, diabetes, hypertension, and other chronic diseases that theoretically could be a reason to deny coverage or charge a higher premium.
According to the latest Census Bureau data, 309 million Americans have health insurance. Of these 4 percent are covered by directly purchased insurance alone. The remaining 96 percent are covered by government or company insurance or some combination. Government health insurance does not allow discrimination based on preexisting conditions. Company insurance typically does not either, insofar as the risk pool is already incorporated in the premiums, and there are portability requirements in moving from company to company.

Thus 12 million people purchased private direct purchased health insurance on the eve of Obama Care. Insurance industry studies show that one in eight applicants for private health insurance have preexisting conditions that affect their eligibility or premiums.
This gives a total of 1.5 million Americans who were denied health insurance or paid higher premiums due to pre-existing conditions.

Instead of 150 million, there are 1.5 million Americans, who “cannot get insurance or must pay higher premiums due to pre-existing conditions.” The pre-existing conditions crisis becomes a gnat bite when things are measured correctly. How to Lie with Statistics of the 1960s showed how to fudge statistics a little, not to exaggerate by a hundred-fold. The Obama administration has taken this to a new level befitting the 21st century.

Now further proof that the "Pre-existing conditions" issue was totally blown out of proportion...
How many people signed up for Obamacare's "Pre-Existing Conditions Insurance Plan:
Total enrollment as of January 31, 2014... ONLY 19,569! Think about that number! And we were told by Obama "Over half (160 million) of All Americans...."
THINK folks THINK! A total gross misrepresentation of a FACT for sure.. Over half of all Americans have Pre-existing conditions.... BUT 50% of those 160 million

Your argument is completely dependent upon employer sponsored health insurance. Tell me, why in the hell should someone's insurance be dependent upon their employer. It is wage slavery, plain and simple. I mean the slaves were dependent upon their "massah" for their food, their shelter, and their HEALTH CARE. Our current system of health insurance, mostly driven by employer sponsored health insurance, is as DYSFUNCTIONAL as it gets. It results in immense economic inefficiency. Who benefits from it? Most certainly not the worker. It is a damn game, and a bad one at that. Not only do the companies benefit, but so do the insurers, who get to segment the risk pool based on employment. It is immoral and should be eliminated immediately. Supporting it is, well, just STUPID.

You are proof though as all you did was make some spurious, moronic comment.

Anecdotally 30 years listening to Americans who stood by this country through depressions and wars , who thought they were in 'good hands'
1604228464251.png

Whether you like ACA or not is not the issue.

Half the country DOES have pre-existing conditions and yes... that IS an issue
and will continue to be, simply because there is no $$$ in high risk, where the insurance cabal is a risk oriented game

Tell me, why in the hell should someone's insurance be dependent upon their employer.

exactly Winston

Congress was told that generations ago

Gawd help their HC benefits were voteable, eh?
1604228712031.png

~S~

Trump is more concerned with destroying Obama’s legacy than protecting millions of Americans during a global pandemic

Your argument is completely dependent upon employer sponsored health insurance. Tell me, why in the hell should someone's insurance be dependent upon their employer. It is wage slavery, plain and simple. I mean the slaves were dependent upon their "massah" for their food, their shelter, and their HEALTH CARE. Our current system of health insurance, mostly driven by employer sponsored health insurance, is as DYSFUNCTIONAL as it gets. It results in immense economic inefficiency. Who benefits from it? Most certainly not the worker. It is a damn game, and a bad one at that. Not only do the companies benefit, but so do the insurers, who get to segment the risk pool based on employment. It is immoral and should be eliminated immediately. Supporting it is, well, just STUPID.
Agree

People were forced to remain in jobs they did not want, just to keep the insurance

Why should our employers dictate what health insurance we have

Definition of covering preexisting conditions means that people with preexisting conditions or someone who gets a condition while insured, do not pay more than people without any medical conditions.

All insurance companies before Obama care would cover someone with a medical condition.... 'A Preexisting condition'

IF YOU COULD PAY THE ENORMOUS AMOUNT, THAT THEY CHARGED YOU FOR HAVING A MEDICAL CONDITION.

No one but the wealthy could afford it.....or coverage was tied to a job with group insurance, thus, it was equal to NOT BEING COVERED, because of their preexisting condition.

This preexisting condition issue is just another example of Democrat dishonesty. Not once has Trump or the Republicans talked about doing away with the preexisting condition government requirement for insurance. In fact they all say they support it.

That is too bad because I wish they would. It is nothing more than another form of welfare and it is despicable.

Why should an insurance pool be required by the filthy ass government to cover your medical bills when you never paid into the pool?

Forum List

Back