Why the prattling about banning "high capacity magazines"?

Dayton3

Gold Member
May 3, 2009
You hear it every time there is a large scale shooting and they trot out gun control arguments. "Ban high capacity magazines!!"

Why? I don't own any semi automatic rifles (though I've fired more than a few) and I'm no gun nut of any kind, yet even I know it takes only a few seconds to eject a semi auto magazine and insert another one. In short in a mass shooting situation it would certainly make no difference at all.

So why bother banning them?
I think it has to do with the "image" people have of guns and high capacity magazines which they've largely gleaned from movies and video games. That is where a shooter can simply pull down on the trigger and "spray" bullets seemingly indefinitely.

It has no connection to reality though.

You hear it every time there is a large scale shooting and they trot out gun control arguments. "Ban high capacity magazines!!"

Why? I don't own any semi automatic rifles (though I've fired more than a few) and I'm no gun nut of any kind, yet even I know it takes only a few seconds to eject a semi auto magazine and insert another one. In short in a mass shooting situation it would certainly make no difference at all.

I think it has to do with the "image" people have of guns and high capacity magazines which they've largely gleaned from movies and video games. That is where a shooter can simply pull down on the trigger and "spray" bullets seemingly indefinitely.

those are standard capacity mags not high capacity,,

Sheila Jackson Lee said she picked up an AR15 and "it weighed what ten boxes of household belongings weighed" and "it was a "50 caliber".
That my friends is the mentality of the fucking DEMs re guns.
Yeah Sheila, cuz as we all know, when a gun is super heavy its way more dangerous.

most of my 30 round magazines jam

most of my 30 round magazines jam
buy better mags,, I have never had one of mine jam on the 4 different types I have,,

Forum List

Back