Why The Critics Hate Rambo: Last Blood

Okay.....imagine you're a former Special Forces soldier with hundreds of confirmed kills. You've served your country with distinction and honor....received the Congressional Medial Of Honor twice.....and somebody kidnapped your niece. Turns out drug-cartels are responsible. So you go after them and make them pay in a very violent way for this and several other crimes against humanity.

But you're the bad guy.....according to movie critics. You're a racist.

This is the jist of what critics are saying about "Rambo: Last Blood".

How dare senior citizen John Rambo exact revenge against innocent drug-cartels that are only just doing what the Democrats want.....transporting drugs into America and helping illegals apply for asylum. After all, everyone knows that drug-cartels are essential in the Democrat's hopes for taking back the White House.

82% of the audience loved the movie. But critics gave it a 26% on the tomato meter because the movie is racist and not PC. In all honesty....I think that Hollywood and the critics are full of crap. If 82% of the people that paid for this movie loved it then obviously Hollywood has lost it's sense of what the public wants.

Wait....wait....it's a left wing conspiracy, right? :71:

Also, your article has a paywall.

First paragraph, asshole.

"Gary Beikirch returned from Vietnam filled with rage and racked by guilt and worried he’d kill the next college kid who spat on him."

Don't like it, find your own link to what he said.

(You wont', your mind, small as it is, is made up)

It is if this is the best you have.

‘It’s a Lifelong Burden’: the Mixed Blessing of the Medal of Honor – The Passive Voice

after the whole part about the "next kid", we never get details about the "First kid" who supposedly spat on him

Name of the Hippy
Place it happened
Witnesses

You know, the kinds of things we demand in a court as proof.

is that you, Adam Schiff?

Fuck off asshole.

there couldn't be a ''next' if there wasn't a 'first'.

What do you think happened?

Some asshole, like you, spat on him, and he asked for his name and number?

Odds are, he was doing his best not to beat the shit out of him.

You might as well drop it.

you don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about.

(But, you won't, cause you an asshole)

It's time for critics to pan any new endeavors by Stallone, Ahnold, and Neesome that's sole purpose is to show off their muscles.

If not, we're going to see Rambo 16, Taken, 17, and Terminator 19, Expendables 20, with the stars tottering around on walkers

In Rocky 21 (Final Blow) , Stallone will wake up in the morgue and take the mortician out with a liver punch..

Fuck off asshole.

Again, the only proof is the self-serving narrative of a pretty disturbed guy. Come on, according to his own narrative, he went off to live in the woods because he couldn't deal with people I mean, it's sad he didn't get the help he needed from the VA and all.

But where's the proof the world's bravest hippy spat on him.

I was in for 11 years. (1981-1992) Active and Reserve. Never had anyone bug me while I was in uniform, not once. It doesn't happen.

Okay.....imagine you're a former Special Forces soldier with hundreds of confirmed kills. You've served your country with distinction and honor....received the Congressional Medial Of Honor twice.....and somebody kidnapped your niece. Turns out drug-cartels are responsible. So you go after them and make them pay in a very violent way for this and several other crimes against humanity.

But you're the bad guy.....according to movie critics. You're a racist.

This is the jist of what critics are saying about "Rambo: Last Blood".

How dare senior citizen John Rambo exact revenge against innocent drug-cartels that are only just doing what the Democrats want.....transporting drugs into America and helping illegals apply for asylum. After all, everyone knows that drug-cartels are essential in the Democrat's hopes for taking back the White House.

82% of the audience loved the movie. But critics gave it a 26% on the tomato meter because the movie is racist and not PC. In all honesty....I think that Hollywood and the critics are full of crap. If 82% of the people that paid for this movie loved it then obviously Hollywood has lost it's sense of what the public wants.

Wait....wait....it's a left wing conspiracy, right? :71:

No....you just have to say you hate Trump to get recognition from critics.
Brad Pitt got an Oscar for it.

Fuck off asshole.

Again, the only proof is the self-serving narrative of a pretty disturbed guy. Come on, according to his own narrative, he went off to live in the woods because he couldn't deal with people I mean, it's sad he didn't get the help he needed from the VA and all.

I was in for 11 years. (1981-1992) Active and Reserve. Never had anyone bug me while I was in uniform, not once. It doesn't happen.

I was in for 11 years. (1981-1992) Active and Reserve.
I was in from 69-90, all active.

It doesn't happen.

wrong.

it does

That's nice. Nobody got spat upon, though. That's still a lie.
No it's not a lie. You don't have a clue what you are talking about.

The lefty loons in those days were far more aggressive and violent than todays Antifa wimps.

When discharged from the service, we were warned Not to wear our uniforms if going back home using public transportation such as a bus or airplane. That's how bad it was during that time.... :cool:

That's nice. Nobody got spat upon, though. That's still a lie.

The lefty loons in those days were far more aggressive and violent than todays Antifa wimps.

When discharged from the service, we were warned Not to wear our uniforms if going back home using public transportation such as a bus or airplane. That's how bad it was during that time.... :cool:

Guy was in grade school when the troops were coming home, but he knows all about it.

Mentioned this thread to the wife, who has never had anything to do with the military, and she knows it happened.

And how many people spit on you during that time?

Except- one more time- Contemporary news account?

The reality is, the anti-War protesters realized the guys who were serving there were victims.

Guy was in grade school when the troops were coming home, but he knows all about it.

Hey, I also know the Allies won World War II, even though I hadn't been born yet.

So what you have is this wonderful urban legend that everyone knows someone who knows someone it happened to. And pretty much, just like that, the "Spitting Hippy" becomes kind of like the flying saucer at Roswell. Everyone is convinced it happened.

Rambo First Blood was a stretch but guys liked it because a Nam Vet got his revenge on a hick sheriff. Stallone was a bit old for the part but it worked. The ironic thing was that Brian Dennehy who played the hick sheriff was a real Vietnam Vet and Stallone never served. The Rambo plots became more preposterous until it was obvious that Hollywood kept producing the junk as long as the overweight video game educated nerds would buy it.

According to many sources other than Wikipedia, Brian Dennehy (an actor I've always liked) served his entire Marine Corps stint in Okinawa. In other words, he never set boots on Vietnamese soil and lied for many years about being in combat there. Apparently he apologized for his stolen valor in 1998, and then later went on to double down on his lies about being a combat vet. What a shame.

And how many people spit on you during that time?

Except- one more time- Contemporary news account?

The reality is, the anti-War protesters realized the guys who were serving there were victims.

Hey, I also know the Allies won World War II, even though I hadn't been born yet.

So what you have is this wonderful urban legend that everyone knows someone who knows someone it happened to. And pretty much, just like that, the "Spitting Hippy" becomes kind of like the flying saucer at Roswell. Everyone is convinced it happened.

doesn't make you any less a joke, does it.

According to many sources other than Wikipedia, Brian Dennehy (an actor I've always liked) served his entire Marine Corps stint in Okinawa. In other words, he never set boots on Vietnamese soil and lied for many years about being in combat there. Apparently he apologized for his stolen valor in 1998, and then later went on to double down on his lies about being a combat vet. What a shame.

I would say he served, which is fine.

Actually, the character he played, in the book, was a Korean War vet, and was himself still suffering from PTSD, which is at the root of his conflict with Rambo. again, the book is much more interesting, but Stallone just made some action schlock.

The other movie in the series that hasn't aged well. Rambo III. You know, the one where the Muslim Fanatics in Afghanistan were the "Good Guys".

doesn't make you any less a joke, does it.

Do you have anything to add to the conversation besides personal insults?

I'm really trying to have a rational conversation on the subject, but you seem very invested in the "Spitting myth". A lot of people are, I suppose, but I work off of EVIDENCE.

Rational?

By ignoring first hand evidence from a man that was actually spat on?

Then you dismiss his evidence, because you disagree with the way he got his head straight.

Your problem is, you only want evidence it DIDN'T happen.

Seriously joe.

Keep your fingers in your ears, and your head up your ass.

I'm finished with you.

Rational?

By ignoring first hand evidence from a man that was actually spat on?

Then you dismiss his evidence, because you disagree with the way he got his head straight.

I have no problem with how he got his head straight. I do have a problem with a questionable, third hand narrative, written by a writer who was probably trying to make his story more interesting..

Your problem is, you only want evidence it DIDN'T happen.

Seriously joe.

Keep your fingers in your ears, and your head up your ass.

I'm finished with you.

My problem is that other than urban myths, you guys don't present any evidence.

Unlike a harmless myth like Roswell aliens or removing a gerbil from Richard Gere's ass, this one DID have consequences. It demonized the brave men and women who stood up to the Vietnam War by switching the conversation to "They didn't respect the troops" and away from "this war is a terrible idea and we are ruining a lot of people's lives." It has consequences to this very day. It's the modern equivalent of the Dolchstoßlegende, the Stabbed in the Back myth in Post World War I Germany.

I was too young for Vietnam, but I was old enough for the First Gulf War, (My unit wasn't deployed, but we were on standby). I recall the whole "Support the Troops" nonsense that was shoved in the face of anyone who questioned "Why are we fighting a war between two petty despots over who gets to rip us off on oil."

Flash forward 30 years. We are still in Iraq. For some reason.

Fuck off asshole.

But other vets say it did happen. Maybe it never happened to you, but maybe other people who served 13 years earlier than you had a different experience when the social climate was much different throughout the country. Seems to me like the 80s were a pretty mellow time here.

But other vets say it did happen. Maybe it never happened to you, but maybe other people who served 13 years earlier than you had a different experience when the social climate was much different throughout the country. Seems to me like the 80s were a pretty mellow time here.

Other vets say a lot of things. The problem is, most of these stories don't stand up to scrutiny.

The usual version of the story has the veteran walking through an airport in uniform, chest adorned in medals, and some hippy spitting on him. Big logical problems with that narrative. The first was that returning troops were flown into military bases, and then dispersed after discharge in civilian clothing.

Now, that said, a lot of what happened to Vietnam vets WAS awful. They didn't get the respect that WWII vets got until years later. They didn't get the support and services they needed. The government outright lied about the effects of Agent Orange for years. That's the stuff people OUGHT to be angry about. Not some imaginary hippy in an imaginary spitting incident.

Fuck off asshole.

Homecoming: When the Soldiers Returned from Vietnam - Wikipedia

"
Greene eventually received in excess of 1,000 responses to his question about being spat upon.[3] He was also receiving a steady feedback of readers' telephone calls reacting to the four columns; many of the calls were rawly emotional. He decided he did believe spitting occurred, concluding:

There were simply too many letters, going into too fine a detail, to deny the fact. I think you will agree, after reading the letters, that even if several should prove to be not what they appear to be, that does not detract from the overall story that is being told.[4]

Greene was so touched by the emotionally moving letters he received, as well as by his readers' responses, that he decided to compile them into a book. He reprinted a total of 234 letters in the book.[7] He added only occasional commentary, with the aim of letting the veterans' letters speak for themselves. Two young aides helped Greene compile the book. One of them, Susan Falcone, noted: the raw honesty of emotion from individuals I might have stereotyped as unemotional macho men ... As I touched each letter, I felt as if I was being allowed to touch the life of the person who wrote it.[4] "

"
Greene eventually received in excess of 1,000 responses to his question about being spat upon.[3] He was also receiving a steady feedback of readers' telephone calls reacting to the four columns; many of the calls were rawly emotional. He decided he did believe spitting occurred, concluding:

There were simply too many letters, going into too fine a detail, to deny the fact. I think you will agree, after reading the letters, that even if several should prove to be not what they appear to be, that does not detract from the overall story that is being told.[4]

Greene was so touched by the emotionally moving letters he received, as well as by his readers' responses, that he decided to compile them into a book. He reprinted a total of 234 letters in the book.[7] He added only occasional commentary, with the aim of letting the veterans' letters speak for themselves. Two young aides helped Greene compile the book. One of them, Susan Falcone, noted: the raw honesty of emotion from individuals I might have stereotyped as unemotional macho men ... As I touched each letter, I felt as if I was being allowed to touch the life of the person who wrote it.[4] "

Okay, you aren't from Chicago, so you don't know the background of Mr. Bob Greene. Bob was fired from the Chicago Tribune in 2002 because it was found that he was having a sexual relationship with a teenager who was the subject of one of his columns. His other claim to fame was his role in the Baby Richard case. He essentially spent years slandering this young immigrant couple who won custody of their child back, and then slandered the judge who followed, you know, the law.

But forget about Greene and his lack of ethics. I go back to my original standard. EVIDENCE These are second-hand stories, again. Did all these guys send in copies of their DD214s? Or were these guys who read Greene's column, wrote letters which Greene embellished?

"

Okay, you aren't from Chicago, so you don't know the background of Mr. Bob Greene. Bob was fired from the Chicago Tribune in 2002 because it was found that he was having a sexual relationship with a teenager who was the subject of one of his columns. His other claim to fame was his role in the Baby Richard case. He essentially spent years slandering this young immigrant couple who won custody of their child back, and then slandered the judge who followed, you know, the law.

But forget about Greene and his lack of ethics. I go back to my original standard. EVIDENCE These are second-hand stories, again. Did all these guys send in copies of their DD214s? Or were these guys who read Greene's column, wrote letters which Greene embellished?

and again

:lalala:

Forum List

Back