1917 Movie

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Shocking there are so few movies about WW1. Iā€™m very happy with Peter Jacksonā€™s They Shall Not Grow Old. Iā€™m hopeful of this movie.

Unique in that it is filmed in real time. Two inexperienced soldiers must get a communication thru in time to save 1,600 soldiers. The race is on and you watch it in real time.

Shocking there are so few movies about WW1. Iā€™m very happy with Peter Jacksonā€™s They Shall Not Grow Old. Iā€™m hopeful of this movie.

Unique in that it is filmed in real time. Two inexperienced soldiers must get a communication thru in time to save 1,600 soldiers. The race is on and you watch it in real time.

Actually there's quite a few WW I movies if you look, many are older but there's been quite a few since the late 80s, some really good ones are Brit and Aussie films.

Last edited:

Actually there's quite a few WW I movies if you look, many are older but there's been quite a few since the late 80s, some really good ones are Brit and Aussie films.

Got some names?

Got some names?

all quiet on the western front

the blue max

That looks pretty good
The only problem is that its racist and homophobic

Not enough blacks flamboyant flamers in it

Got some names?

all quiet on the western front

the blue max

All Quite, OK, not great. My commie relative made that.
Blue Max, 70ā€™s crappola.
But thanks anyway.

WWII was so horrible and consequential that some people lose sight of just how terrible and transformative WWI was.

Got some names?

Here are some.

WW I movies - Google Search

Beneath Hill 60 is pretty awesome, The Red Baron (2008) is really good so is The lost Battalion 2001.

Got some names?

A really good one is The Light Horsemen (1987) Aussie film.

Probably the best one I've ever seen is Joyeux Noel (2005).

There was a huge crackdown after that happened. The Generals were concerned that they might view the Germans as people. Pity they didnt just shake hands and go home. My family story would have been a lot easier..

Testament of Youth is also a must see.

There was a huge crackdown after that happened. The Generals were concerned that they might view the Germans as people. Pity they didnt just shake hands and go home. My family story would have been a lot easier..

Testament of Youth is also a must see.

My Chiro was born in Germany, came over to the US with his parents when he was 6 years old so he has absolutely no German accent though he speaks fluent German. Much of his family died in U boats in WWII.

My Taid fought in the second. He had a great respect for the Germans. Hated the French though, he thought they were lazy and dirty although he did concede that wartime wasn't the best time to visit.

Agreed, that was good.

Forum List

Back