Why Suffering: Suffering and Jesus

This really is insufferable.

Is all the suffering you endure a reason for your hate, self-hate?

Get a new song. LOL!

Hollie
Lunatic.jpg

That's the former Muslim turned Christian that married a white woman and got cancer then died, right?

Telling people that Christianity necessarily involves suffering is not a good way to sell the faith.

Ironically, at the end, the speaker says, "That's why Jesus has to suffer: because he takes our suffering and pays it for us." If Christians have to suffer for Christ, then Jesus does not pay that debt.

Doctrine and Covenants 88:6
6 He that ascended up on high, as also he descended below all things, in that he comprehended all things, that he might be in all and through all things, the light of truth;

Through the atonement of Christ in Gethsemane, Jesus suffered all that mankind has ever gone through. In this way He descended below all things. By doing so he is able to understand all the sufferings we suffer. He comprehends all our sufferings, pain, anguish, torment, grief, loneliness, abandonments, etc., etc., etc. and can empathize and succor us in our time of need. He has been there. He knows your pain! Turn to Him to find a shoulder to cry on! He is there to love you and comfort you in your time of need! He is your Savior!

Doctrine and Covenants 19:18-19
18 Which suffering caused myself, even God, the greatest of all, to tremble because of pain, and to bleed at every pore, and to suffer both body and spirit—and would that I might not drink the bitter cup, and shrink—
19 Nevertheless, glory be to the Father, and I partook and finished my preparations unto the children of men.

Forum List

Back