Why should we have to tip people for just doing their job?

People like you feel the need to "control" everything through government edicts, Unk! You think that the solution to everything is to regulate it. .....
Wrong again, fool. VERY wrong. I said NOTHING about "regulation," you dishonest douche. You are just lashing out blindly now. Go to the market, buy some food, go home, cook yourself some food, and stop being a helpless douche bag that NO ONE really respects after the check clears.

Find me a single server or bartender that feels like someone who was pleasant to wait on and who leaves them a huge tip every time they come in...is making them "grovel" for that tip! ....
Find me one who REALLY gives a shit about any faceless bill like you when they get home after working their shift, you fool.

Find me one who REALLY gives a shit about any faceless bill like you when they get home after working their shift, you fool.
Faceless bill? Sorry to disappoint you, Unk but not only do they know my name but if I run into them on the street they're happy to see me. For people like you and Soul...I'm guessing running into the server that you gave your customary 10% tip to probably doesn't go well. You're the ones that when they get home after their shift they tell their spouse or loved one that they had that asshole Unk in again and he left yet another crappy tip! :)

If you think never opening UP your wallet means you have class...then I hate to break it to you but you ARE that guy that servers and bartenders loath!
I think "class" means taking care of the people who take care of you! It's something you have to be taught and obviously you never were.
Unkotare , He is a teacher who is woke and indoctrinating our kids with hatred...

Funny that you think 20% of a meal at a decent restaurant is "a few more pennies". 20% on $200 gives the waiter $40 for that hour, a lot more than the pathetic $15/hour the usual suspects are bleating about. He's not complaining about tips and would find a different job entirely if you eliminated tips for MW. Heck, there's a lot of people who would like to work for $40/hour, well trained people.

Here's a fun little fact. Those people who handle your medicine 8 hours a day are paid maybe $12-15/hour.
Yeah, and the next person that comes in like the OP doesnt give any tip, so for two hours he made 20 dollars an hour, and if Unkotare shows up, then it 13 dollars for each of three hours. Again, try working as a food server and see how it goes for one year.....Then tell us your story....

Faceless bill? Sorry to disappoint you, Unk but not only do they know my name but if I run into them on the street they're happy to see me. F....
Oh, you poor sad bastard. You really want to believe that, don't you?

Oh, you poor sad bastard. You really want to believe that, don't you?
I'm a hospitality industry lifer, Unk. They like me because I'm one of them. I don't think of them as being beneath me as you obviously do! I know their names. I know their kid's names. I give them extra money at Christmas and on their birthdays.
You don't do things like that because you're too busy feeling sorry for them because they don't have a job that you think is "meaningful"!

Forum List

Back