Why should we have to tip people for just doing their job?

Why should a customer have to pay extra money to tip when in all honesty it is the responsibility of the employer to pay his/her employees? If a customer doesn't tip waiters think it's rude or your considered cheap Basically, it's a win-win situation for employers we pay to keep the business running, we tip employees for just doing their job! It has become the norm for decades tips should be banned in America
1. Shop at the grocery store and cook your own meals. Just make sure your ingredients are fresh and your own kitchen is clean.
2. Restaurant food is heavy in salt, saturated fats, and sugars, and low in vitamins, minerals, and essential proteins.
3. Pharoah King of Egypt put his butler and baker in prison at the time of Joseph, who was also in prison on false accusations of rape.

You just lost credibility. You have nostalgic skin in the game. :auiqs.jpg:
Maybe with you.
I'm sure the Waffle Houses and Dennys where you eat don't make that money but she did.
And I did
Tending bar 2 nights a week put me through college.

Noting though, you failed to address any of the points.

At one of Orlando's 5* places a dinner for 4 runs a little over $500
20% = $100
The Wait Staff does 6 tables per night.
6x100=600
Plus a negligible wage.
She'll hand out $60 in tips to the bar, bus, and others
Bringing home over $500 per night.

Why would they stay for $15, 20, even $50 per hour?

Why should a customer have to pay extra money to tip when in all honesty it is the responsibility of the employer to pay his/her employees? If a customer doesn't tip waiters think it's rude or your considered cheap Basically, it's a win-win situation for employers we pay to keep the business running, we tip employees for just doing their job! It has become the norm for decades tips should be banned in America
Tipping is not customary in the UK, I hardly ever leave a tip. Employees should just be fully paid by their employer.

I got a 600 dollar tip on my current job. You tip, I tip, people tip if they feel others went out of their way to provide a service above and beyond what was expected of them.
I have no problem with our tipping culture. I tip big or small depending on the service I get. And to be clear my food for instance can be awful but if the service is good I will give the wait staff the entirety of what my bill would have been. If you're looking for a free ride stay home and shop at Kmart

I always seem to remember the minimum tip being 15%. Then, at some point, it went to %18 being the customary tip.

One restaurant I frequent has exceptional servers, and I'm always seated in this one server's area. McKenna is putting herself through college. She knows how many olives I want in my Martini, she knows when to get the second one on order, and she knows which wine I like with my filet. She remembers my Mom's brithday. She knows which specials she should tell me about and which ones I'll have no interest in. She knows that when my napkin gets crumpled up and hits the table it's time to bring me my coffee. She knows the only dessert on the menu I'll have any interest in is the creme brulee. Regardless of what my dinner bill is, she gets a minimum of a $50 tip.

I'm pretty sure she's gonna' rule the world one day...

I'm not one for agreeing with Crepitus, but he hits the nail on the head on this, as they say. Employers pay poor wages to the serving staff, as the employers expect the employee to get a sufficient amount from tips (which has to be shared with other wait staff), to be fully compensated for their labor.
On the other hand, if employers paid decent living wages to their waiters, the public would mostly stay home, as they would find the meals on the menus too expensive for their taste and thus, the employer would lose substantial business, thus possibly causing the closing of an establishment. A lose-lose situation for the employer and the employee who would be out of work.
Being wait-staff should always be a very temporary job, while trying to find a way to learn a different trade-skill in their off-time. Trade schools are better than college, as too many college graduates come away with degrees in subjects that have no actual place in the work force (gender studies, fashion design, art history, performing arts, music, et cetera).

...Employers pay poor wages to the serving staff, as the employers expect the employee to get a sufficient amount from tips (which has to be shared with other wait staff), to be fully compensated for their labor.
On the other hand, if employers paid decent living wages to their waiters, the public would mostly stay home, as they would find the meals on the menus too expensive for their taste and thus, the employer would lose substantial business, thus possibly causing the closing of an establishment.....
Did you really think that through?

Don’t be a Jew !
Make sure you tip
Don't be a Jew? Jesus is a jew and he didn't waste no time breathing life into your lungs I'm grown i dont have to tip anyone, a tip isn't a right or a law if they want to work for pennies thats not my problem if they don't like their pay or their job quit its that simple or better yet take that up to their poor employer who can't afford to be in business

Forum List

Back