Why Romney Thinks Trump Will Win Reelection

From the OP:

In other words, don’t count out all those young and minority Americans fed up with Trump. But Biden has also shown an unusual strength among older voters

Who are you trying to kid? Us "old voters" think he's an asshole.

Us old voters also know a lot of other older people who have started to lose their minds, and realize that Bite Me is in that number.

Even if Sleepy Joe wasn't committed to a Marxist BLM platform, he still doesn't really know where he is. That, BTW, is nothing disgraceful. Advanced age and multiple brain surgeries sometimes dull a man's brain like it has with Sleepy Joe.

Mitt Romney is one of Donald Trump’s biggest Republican critics on Capitol Hill. He’s the only GOP senator who voted to convict the president for abuse of power earlier this year, and he regularly calls Trump out on policy and personal conduct.

Yet the Utah lawmaker, who was his party’s presidential standard-bearer in 2012, believes Trump is likely to win reelection this November.

Asked why he foresees that outcome, especially with most public polls showing Trump trailing badly behind presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden, Romney offered three reasons.

“There are enormous advantages to being the incumbent, number one,” Romney told HuffPost on Thursday. “Number two, I think [Trump] will tack more towards the middle in his communication than he has so far.”

“And number three, I think the voters that are most animated in opposition to the president tend not to come out to vote ― and that’s young people and the minorities. They’re active in polls, but not necessarily active at actually getting out to the polls,” the senator said.

The futility of expecting Trump to somehow moderate his tone aside, Romney’s theory about the nature of the electorate and polling is an interesting one.

OMG, I hope he's wrong. What do you think? I look forward to some intelligent responses.

In regards to #3, I think the left learned their lesson last time when they stayed home and Trump won. I don't see black voters sitting this one out, because they have too much to lose. Ditto the millenials. Student loan debt - low wages. Living at home until age 30 because they can't afford their own place.
And you think they will come out to vote for the same shit with Biden? Trump had the economy booming. You could pay your loans, wages were going up, employment at all time highs, you could get your own place.

All that shit you list as reasons to vote for Biden is exactly what he and the faggot give you for eight years.

Voting for Biden gives you four more years of what you’re bitching about.

Funny. Trump has/is riding President Obama's coattails on the economy. They only thing Trump has done is artificially juice the economy with massive deregulations and massive tax cuts for the rich.

What is cutting taxes and regulations......"artificial"?

Do you understand incentives?

Because they weren't needed to stimulate an already growing Obama economy. You generally hold such measures in reserve to combat a severe economic downturn to help juice the economy. Oh, and don't forget about the enormous national debt that Trump has created. Someone has to pay for that. Oh, and don't forget about the harmful effects on the environment from Trump's massive deregulations. Someone will also have to pay for that.

Because they weren't needed to stimulate an already growing Obama economy.

Really? You're not allowed to stimulate Obama's awesome +1.6% real GDP growth in 2016?

Oh, and don't forget about the harmful effects on the environment from Trump's massive deregulations.

Like what? You have any specifics? Post your list.

Mitt Romney is one of Donald Trump’s biggest Republican critics on Capitol Hill. He’s the only GOP senator who voted to convict the president for abuse of power earlier this year, and he regularly calls Trump out on policy and personal conduct.

Yet the Utah lawmaker, who was his party’s presidential standard-bearer in 2012, believes Trump is likely to win reelection this November.

Asked why he foresees that outcome, especially with most public polls showing Trump trailing badly behind presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden, Romney offered three reasons.

“There are enormous advantages to being the incumbent, number one,” Romney told HuffPost on Thursday. “Number two, I think [Trump] will tack more towards the middle in his communication than he has so far.”

“And number three, I think the voters that are most animated in opposition to the president tend not to come out to vote ― and that’s young people and the minorities. They’re active in polls, but not necessarily active at actually getting out to the polls,” the senator said.

The futility of expecting Trump to somehow moderate his tone aside, Romney’s theory about the nature of the electorate and polling is an interesting one.

OMG, I hope he's wrong. What do you think? I look forward to some intelligent responses.

In regards to #3, I think the left learned their lesson last time when they stayed home and Trump won. I don't see black voters sitting this one out, because they have too much to lose. Ditto the millenials. Student loan debt - low wages. Living at home until age 30 because they can't afford their own place.
And you think they will come out to vote for the same shit with Biden? Trump had the economy booming. You could pay your loans, wages were going up, employment at all time highs, you could get your own place.

All that shit you list as reasons to vote for Biden is exactly what he and the faggot give you for eight years.

Funny. Trump has/is riding President Obama's coattails on the economy. They only thing Trump has done is artificially juice the economy with massive deregulations and massive tax cuts for the rich.

Because they weren't needed to stimulate an already growing Obama economy. You generally hold such measures in reserve to combat a severe economic downturn to help juice the economy. Oh, and don't forget about the enormous national debt that Trump has created. Someone has to pay for that. Oh, and don't forget about the harmful effects on the environment from Trump's massive deregulations. Someone will also have to pay for that.

Really? You're not allowed to stimulate Obama's awesome +1.6% real GDP growth in 2016?

Oh, and don't forget about the harmful effects on the environment from Trump's massive deregulations.

The environmental rules that President Trump are rolling back were all made during the closing days of the Obama Regime. Sort of a poison pill to try and make it seem like Trump doesn't give a shit about clean water or air. Of course it was bullshit.

So pick your top 5 rollbacks and explain the "harmful effects".

Bank on it.

It's possible, because the young do not vote with their feet.... unless really excited.....

Though, they did come out and vote in the 2018 midterms, so maybe the tide has turned on the usual lack of turn out, for the young?

The fact that polls are as close as they are does not bode well for you.

Indies tend not to make up their minds until about 30 days out.

With Biden a no show and you fuckers burning down Portland, you are handing it to him.

Ooops, I should not say that......oh wait, Biden will cream him. You don't need to vote.

I have faith that the court of public opinion will drive the Trump mafia from power. We'll know in about 100 days.

You asked for "intelligent discussion".

And you post wishful thinking.

Not really doing much for your cause.

Mitt may be right.....

Who knows.....

I think there is a huge unknown out there and we won't really know how it will go (polls are becoming usless as people are not willing to share their thoughts) until November 4th.

I have my own wishful thinking....at least I realize that is what it is.

The environmental rules that President Trump are rolling back were all made during the closing days of the Obama Regime. Sort of a poison pill to try and make it seem like Trump doesn't give a shit about clean water or air. Of course it was bullshit.

What a wonderful fairy tale that is. If what you're saying is true, then the rollbacks would have no real or measureably effect.

But that's not the case. Trump's deregulation has degraded the air and water quality in the USA for the first time since the EPA was created by Richard Nixon. Increased pollution has lead to 10,000 deaths in the USA.

The "poison pill" you speak of is actually what Trump has delivered to the American people.

The Trump death toll just keeps climbing and climbing.

Romney is a republican in name only. He's actually a closet Democrat.

I have faith that the court of public opinion will drive the Trump mafia from power. We'll know in about 100 days.
Trump became president the consequence of a bizarre EC fluke.

The conditions no longer exist that allowed for that bizarre fluke.

Biden isn’t Clinton.

Trump must run on his record of failure and incompetence.

And the tiny minority in a few swing states who voted for Trump in 2016 thinking “how bad can Trump be” now know how bad Trump truly is.

Forum List

Back