Why Rick Perry Will Be Convicted

Moonglow

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2011
sw mizzouri
Political warmongering at it's best...Perry is a hypocrite and a liar....at best..

The idea that he was concerned about Lehmberg's drunk driving is also fatuous nonsense. Two other Texas DAs were arrested for DUI during Perry's tenure in office and he spoke not a discouraging word about their indiscretions. Kaufman County D.A. Rick Harrison drove the wrong way into traffic and was found guilty of drunk driving in 2009 and in 2003 Terry McEachern, DA of Swisher County, was convicted of a DUI. Perry said nothing. It's probably only coincidental that both of those individuals were Republicans and did not oversee an investigative unit responsible for keeping elected officials honest in the capitol.

And Perry settled his political differences how? Not at the ballot box..

The indictments, however, have not left the Texas governor chastened. During his six-minute news conference after they were handed down, he threatened retaliation for the people involved in getting him into this mess, which is probably another form of official abuse he has promised to deliver to his fellow Texans. His central complaint was that the legal and grand jury investigative process was being used to settle political differences and that wasn't something we did in America, which is a startling irony for anyone who knows how Rick Perry first won statewide public office in Texas.

When Perry ran for Texas agriculture commissioner in 1990, he benefited from a federal investigation of his opponent's office, which had been facilitated by his campaign manager Karl Rove. Rove worked with an FBI agent to investigate Democrat Jim Hightower and two of his senior staffers at a time when Perry was challenging Hightower for the agriculture commissioner's job. The FBI, in fact, served search warrants at Hightower's state office on the day he was out of town announcing his reelection plans.

Why Rick Perry Will Be Convicted|James Moore

This particular unit has never been successful at any of the political prosecutions they start. There is no reason to think they will this time either.

Morons such as yourself also claimed the charges against Tom Delay would stick. They were just as wrong.

Link? I never said any such thing as I was never involved in a thread about Delay...Any more lies you want to toss into the thread?

I doubt Perry will be convicted of anything.

I think those pushing for this bullshit will end up with egg on their faces and angry voters at the waste of tax dollars.

We. Will. See.

If they use his background it could sway the jury...

This particular unit has never been successful at any of the political prosecutions they start. There is no reason to think they will this time either.

You never know.. In the small towns I live by there is constant politics being played, just like this incident. I am amazed that many of the small town govts. get anything done with all the infighting..

I don't know, Moonglow... Even the NY Times thinks this is a political maneuver and not a real case:

New York Times defends Rick Perry - Kendall Breitman - POLITICO.com

Perhaps not but the prosecution has to convince a jury or judge of intent which can be very difficult. Either way, it is only likely to help Perry and rile up the base like the GOP lawsuit against the POTUS is doing.

Hell. If the NYSlimes thinks its bullshit then bullshit it is.

They would love to rake any Rep over the coals for anything.

Mooney better rethink his position.

I don't know, Moonglow... Even the NY Times thinks this is a political maneuver and not a real case:

New York Times defends Rick Perry - Kendall Breitman - POLITICO.com

Perhaps not but the prosecution has to convince a jury or judge of intent which can be very difficult. Either way, it is only likely to help Perry and rile up the base like the GOP lawsuit against the POTUS is doing.

Except they will bring into court his past relationships with GOP members that were convicted of DWI's and Perry did not threaten their budgets with a veto...

Hell. If the NYSlimes thinks its bullshit then bullshit it is.

They would love to rake any Rep over the coals for anything.

Mooney better rethink his position.

My position is...whatever happens will happen after jurisprudence has taken it's course by a jury of Perry's peers...

Ain't life grand?? You educate yourself, work hard at getting a position you want, and then you have to play office politics and learn that people will destroy you, just to get what they want....

Except they will bring into court his past relationships with GOP members that were convicted of DWI's and Perry did not threaten their budgets with a veto...

Does Perry approve the overall budgets of the County AG's in question or just the independent investigations branch of the Austin one? I recall some talk about the county restoring funds to the group and keeping it going.

its typical progressive crap. They realize they are going to lose bad on the initial complaint, and now begins the rush to find other reasons to keep the charges going.

Does Perry approve the overall budgets of the County AG's in question or just the independent investigations branch of the Austin one? I recall some talk about the county restoring funds to the group and keeping it going.

its typical progressive crap. They realize they are going to lose bad on the initial complaint, and now begins the rush to find other reasons to keep the charges going.

When a GOPer does it to a democrat is it still progressive crap??

Forum List

Back