Why people don't trust the police...

Thats disgusting.

The first rule is bad enough, when you consider how they treat the victim of a crime when they eventually arrive.

What if you don't do something, and still get arrested?

Then you follow my philosophy...... You give them your identifying info then do not say ANYTHING to anyone until your personal legal counsel (not a public defender) arrives. Once the lawyer arrives, HE speaks,for you. You don't open your mouth AT ALL.

Did I remember to pay that $85 fine from way back when???? Or do I have a warrant out for my arrest?

Meh...I don't feel like going to jail tonight over a 9 year old misdemeanor warrant so it's best to just play it safe and hope one of the neighbors or someone calls 911 before that kid bleeds to death in the street.

Meanwhile, I'm outa here and I didn't see nuthin'.

Too much undercover. The police are forbidden from speaking the truth by both federal and state statutes. Why would anyone trust someone who isn't allowed to tell the truth?

The "people who don't trust police" are not representative of the population at large. The "people who don't trust police" are - I suspect - people who lead lives that involve a lot of interaction with police, if you know what I mean.

For those who are not MORONS, the Police are appreciated for the simple fact that THEY RISK THEIR LIVES EVERY DAY in a lifelong campaign to make life better for law-abiding citizens. And we now have a campaign waged by SUPER-MORONS to convince YBM's that the biggest threat to their safety is being shot for no reason by a cop.

It is entirely appropriate to provide police with greater consideration and protection than members of the population at large because of the job they do and the risks that they take.

Yes, there are some bad cops, and the extra protections sometimes delay or prevent bringing them to justice, but if the current trends and campaigns continue, only dirtbags will be willing to go through the aggravation and stress of being a cop.

Doesn't matter. What should you do if you were falsely arrested/accused? What they SAY you did is irrelevant.

I advise people to trust very few others in life. Definitely do not trust the police, the government, or anyone else which claims legal superiority over individuals.

It is entirely appropriate to provide police with greater consideration and protection than members of the population at large because of the job they do and the risks that they take.
You know, having local community members vowing to protect me is definitely not going to be unappreciated. I just wish those community members had more individual control, and were not an arm of the government. That is why I prefer militia members with no connection to any establishment. Ideally I would just rather manage my own self defense, organized around those who I trust.

The "people who don't trust police" are not representative of the population at large. The "people who don't trust police" are - I suspect - people who lead lives that involve a lot of interaction with police, if you know what I mean.

For those who are not MORONS, the Police are appreciated for the simple fact that THEY RISK THEIR LIVES EVERY DAY in a lifelong campaign to make life better for law-abiding citizens. And we now have a campaign waged by SUPER-MORONS to convince YBM's that the biggest threat to their safety is being shot for no reason by a cop.

Yes, there are some bad cops, and the extra protections sometimes delay or prevent bringing them to justice, but if the current trends and campaigns continue, only dirtbags will be willing to go through the aggravation and stress of being a cop.

News flash: police officers actually DO NOT have an especially dangerous job. (I am more likely to die on the job than a cop is!) They are basically gangbangers, with the badge standing in for facial tattoos. It's like politicians, lawyers, and used-car salesmen: the 90% that are crooked and/or evil spoil it for the good ones.

Don't do something to get arrested over...simple as that
Do you think decent, peaceful, productive citizens should have been arrested for possession of whiskey during the Prohibition era -- just because it was against the law? Likewise, do you believe decent, peaceful, productive citizens should be arrested today for possession of marijuana?

The essential meaning of my question is do you understand the underlying principle of liberty and freedom from government oppression, or are you inclined to submit to authority simply because of fear of punishment and without weighing the factor of justice?

Don't do something to get arrested over...simple as that
Do you think decent, peaceful, productive citizens should have been arrested for possession of whiskey during the Prohibition era -- just because it was against the law? Likewise, do you believe decent, peaceful, productive citizens should be arrested today for possession of marijuana?

The essential meaning of my question is do you understand the underlying principle of liberty and freedom from government oppression, or are you inclined to submit to authority simply because of fear of punishment and without weighing the factor of justice?

You break a law you stand the chance of getting arrested, I'm 30 something years old and have never came close to getting arrested. I don't put myself in that situation

How can anyone trust the police when they are legally allowed to lie to you but if you lie to them it's a fucking felony?

You break a law you stand the chance of getting arrested, I'm 30 something years old and have never came close to getting arrested. I don't put myself in that situation
Your position in this matter is referred to by the behavioral profession as the authoritarian/submissive personality. If there were more Colonials like you in the mid-1700s there would not have been an American Revolution.

But it takes all kinds to make a world. Doesn't it?

Forum List

Back