Why most economic predictions are wrong

Questioner

Nov 26, 2019
Most economic predictions involve just 2 things:

1. People accepting some economic theory or axiom on the basis of "faith"

2. People blindly predicting that "if this happens, then this will happen" on the basis of said axiom.

Other than that, they're mostly noise, most of the faith-based axioms they're founded on are sketchy, wrong, or easily disproven or countered at best, the only logic is that "such and such a change" will affect something in some way, including something unseen - but other than that, the actual predictions themselves, in regards to who, what, why, or how such and such effects will happen are nonsense.

I personally am beginning to believe that economics is just astrology for ugly, sex-starved people, and not worth the digits it is calculated from.

The "free market" involves nothing but indoctrinated faith.

upload_2019-12-11_16-32-12.png

The Productivity–Pay Gap

Topic: Why most xxxxxxxxxx predictions are wrong

Because the word "will" is always a lie. Nobody can predict the future.

No, wait, am I wrong? Everyone predicted ---- 9/11/2001, the Thailand Tsunami, the Japanese radioactive meltdown, WWI, which started suddenly Aug. 4, 1914 with almost no warning, the Kennedy Assassination, the Trump election, Brexit, the 2008 Great Recession, the Crash of 1929 --- good thing everyone predicted all these events or we'd have been surprised and dismayed, right?

View attachment 294348
The Productivity–Pay Gap

Da, comrade!
Oh cute, we're bringing "commie" back when there's no argument to be made. I thought Russia Russia Russia was a "liberal" thang.

Oh cute, we're bringing "commie" back when there's no argument to be made.

"Capitalism is indoctrinated faith", sounds like something a commie would say. Or EPI. LOL!
How does that same chart look for salaried workers?

Forum List

Back