Why May 5th?

I clearly did when I quoted it. You seem to be trying to make a connection to an act of terrorism and the day the Mexican army defeated Napoleon's repo men near Puebla because Mexico wanted to get out of paying its bills that damn bad.

Oh, you are not really wired very well together, now are you.

Nope.

You see, a politician can refer to two completely UNRELATED historical events and tie them into a speech without them having to be related to each other.

Do you know what that is called?

It's called talent.

op is trying to play up "its disrespectful"

He trying to drum up traffic to his okc +20 thread.

Up next, the hidden significance of how far things are from okc.

Cruz is announcing in a place 258 miles from okc, therefore....

op is trying to play up "its disrespectful"

He trying to drum up traffic to his okc +20 thread.

Up next, the hidden significance of how far things are from okc.

Cruz is announcing in a place 258 miles from okc, therefore....

Oh, Lord, your fever is running very high today.... poor Frankie.

You really DID miss the point, now didn't you...

I clearly did when I quoted it. You seem to be trying to make a connection to an act of terrorism and the day the Mexican army defeated Napoleon's repo men near Puebla because Mexico wanted to get out of paying its bills that damn bad.

Nope.

You see, a politician can refer to two completely UNRELATED historical events and tie them into a speech without them having to be related to each other.

It's called talent.
Okay. Now it makes sense. I didn't realize one/both of them made a speech announcing their future announcement to run for office let alone that they tied Cinco de Mayo and the Oklahoma City Bombings together in it. Conversation works better when you're not going out of your way to be cryptic, doesn't it?

Nope.

It's called talent.
Okay. Now it makes sense. I didn't realize one/both of them made a speech announcing their future announcement to run for office let alone that they tied Cinco de Mayo and the Oklahoma City Bombings together in it. Conversation works better when you're not going out of your way to be cryptic, doesn't it?

If you had simply taken time to actually read the OP, the point was simple:

May 5th offers a couple of historical things that a candidate can use as interesting information in a candidacy speech.

For instance, I could imagine Ben Carson mentioning Cinco de mayo in a nice way. Or Mike Huckabee reminding that on this day 20 years ago, the memorial for the victims of Oklahoma City happened and he would guarantee his voters that under a Huckabee presidency, nothing of this sort would ever happen. Announcing on a Tuesday is also not a bad idea, for the candidate can say, today, I'm announcing on a wonderful, sunny Tuesday, and on Tuesday, November 8th, 2016, I hope to be elected your President, yadayadayada....

That was the entire point of the OP, nothing less and nothing more.

Forum List

Back