Why May 5th?

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
Ben Carson and Mike Huckabee are both planning to announce their presidential campaigns on May 5th, 2015.

I would not be surprised were a couple other GOPers to also announce on this day, which is going to be a Tuesday.

But why May 5th?

1.) Well, here is this day in history.

2.) And then there's Cinco de Mayo. As a sign of respect for the Latino community, this would be a good day to make a presidential announcement.

But there is one more reason:

3.) May 5th was the day that the search and rescue mission from the Oklahoma City Bombing was ended and there was the official memorial service.

So, May 5th offers a prospective presidential candidate an interesting historical background from which to launch a campaign, with cinco de mayo, an important date in the Oklahoma City Bombing tragedy, and a Tuesday that is 18 months (1.5 years) away from election day 2016.

Of course, this assumes that the campaigns have done some simple historical research. :dunno:

:D

Ben Carson and Mike Huckabee are both planning to announce their presidential campaigns on May 5th, 2015.

I would not be surprised were a couple other GOPers to also announce on this day, which is going to be a Tuesday.

But why May 5th?

2.) And then there's Cinco de Mayo. As a sign of respect for the Latino community, this would be a good day to make a presidential announcement.

3.) May 5th was the day that the search and rescue mission from the Oklahoma City Bombing was ended and there was the official memorial service.

So, May 5th offers a prospective presidential candidate an interesting historical background from which to launch a campaign, with cinco de mayo, an important date in the Oklahoma City Bombing tragedy, and a Tuesday that is 18 months (1.5 years) away from election day 2016.

Of course, this assumes that the campaigns have done some simple historical research. :dunno:

So a lot of important historical events happened on that day, just like every other day of the year. I'm not sure what your point is here.

To put it into perspective, here's the day after May 5 http://www.historyorb.com/events/may/6 and... I dunno... July 23 http://www.historyorb.com/events/july/23 at random. There isn't a day that at least something noteworthy happened somewhere in the world.

But why May 5th?

So a lot of important historical events happened on that day, just like every other day of the year. I'm not sure what your point is here.

To put it into perspective, here's the day after May 5 http://www.historyorb.com/events/may/6 and... I dunno... July 23 http://www.historyorb.com/events/july/23 at random. There isn't a day that at least something noteworthy happened somewhere in the world.

So, I see you didn't read the OP....

I clearly did when I quoted it. You seem to be trying to make a connection to an act of terrorism and the day the Mexican army defeated Napoleon's repo men near Puebla because Mexico wanted to get out of paying its bills that damn bad.

Forum List

Back