Why is tobacco legal? Because politicians do not care

I smoke myself, I smoke Gauloises Blondes, although because of my condition I can't smoke for a while.

So my main cigarette holder sits alone in it's case, until it and I can reunite with a lovely Gauloises Blonde.

My cigarette case also remains empty until that wonderful day.

HG0000290.jpg

I've got about 40 cigarette holders, all short, I can't stand the long holders, they look ridiculous. I've bought all of the below short holders.

Denicotea_Holder_Black_Tip_(md).jpg

cigrattee%20holder.jpg

39-wooden-short-cigarette-holder-for-slim-cigarettes.jpg
Are you planning for cancer too?

Most members of my family have always smoked, my Great-Grandparents both still smoke, he's 98 years-old and she's 96 years-old.

My Great-Great Grandmother smoked from the age of 20 years-old and she died at the age of 104 years-old.
Should Krokodil which is synthetic heroin be legal if people want it? Since you say drugs should be legal for all krokodil - Google Search

Anyone stupid enough to take it deserves their fate.

Exactly and are we even talking about decriminalising Krokodil? No.

This is another example of the fanaticism of those who want to tell people what they CAN and CANNOT do. They have no respect for something called Personal Choice ie. Personal Freedom.

They treat adults like children who have to have choices made for them.
So you only want the drugs that you choose to be legal, to be legal. Would you like to see lives ruined by pot? or LSD? Marijuana playing larger role in fatal crashes Someone's baby was driving that car......................... Now they are dead

I smoke myself, I smoke Gauloises Blondes, although because of my condition I can't smoke for a while.

So my main cigarette holder sits alone in it's case, until it and I can reunite with a lovely Gauloises Blonde.

HG0000290.jpg

I've got about 40 cigarette holders, all short, I can't stand the long holders, they look ridiculous. I've bought all of the below short holders.

cigrattee%20holder.jpg

Most members of my family have always smoked, my Great-Grandparents both still smoke, he's 98 years-old and she's 96 years-old.

My Great-Great Grandmother smoked from the age of 20 years-old and she died at the age of 104 years-old.
This Is What 7 Smoker vs. Non-Smoker Identical Twins Look Like After Years Of Lighting Up Smoking identical twins, are no longer identical.... Great job Lucy

Just because you are free to do it doesn't mean that you should do it.

Are you getting fucked in the ass now that's legal?

'fess up.

Actually I do not care if anyone smokes, the real problem is that other people should not have to pay your and others healthcare for a lung transplant that will always end in death. So all smokers should have to pay for all smoking related ailments, all 1000 of them

Agree.

I knew that the fascists were planning on using that argument.

ABOLISH OBAMA HELLCARE

Should Krokodil which is synthetic heroin be legal if people want it? Since you say drugs should be legal for all krokodil - Google Search

Exactly and are we even talking about decriminalising Krokodil? No.

This is another example of the fanaticism of those who want to tell people what they CAN and CANNOT do. They have no respect for something called Personal Choice ie. Personal Freedom.

They treat adults like children who have to have choices made for them.
So you only want the drugs that you choose to be legal, to be legal. Would you like to see lives ruined by pot? or LSD? Marijuana playing larger role in fatal crashes Someone's baby was driving that car......................... Now they are dead

For goodness sake, get a grip, you're hysterical.

What if your child does it on a dare?

My child is 26 years old, and already more successful than most. If he does anything on a dare I'll disown him.

So you will disown your child if he takes the drugs on a dare that you say should be legal. Now that you are thinking of what you love most, your tone has changed. And you are agreeing with me.

Because people have a to engage in self destructive activities so long as it hurts no one else. BTW I am a non-smoker.

Because people have a to engage in self destructive activities so long as it hurts no one else. BTW I am a non-smoker.
But do those other people have the responsibility to pay for the destroyed health of the smoker?

But do those other people have the responsibility to pay for the destroyed health of the smoker?
Do they have to pay for destroyed health of fat people, gang shootings, and drug users? What about elderly or young kids with birth defects? It is what it is.

My child is 26 years old, and already more successful than most. If he does anything on a dare I'll disown him.

So you will disown your child if he takes the drugs on a dare that you say should be legal. Now that you are thinking of what you love most, your tone has changed. And you are agreeing with me.

My child would not take drugs, much less on a dare.

This Is What 7 Smoker vs. Non-Smoker Identical Twins Look Like After Years Of Lighting Up Smoking identical twins, are no longer identical.... Great job Lucy

'fess up.

Actually I do not care if anyone smokes, the real problem is that other people should not have to pay your and others healthcare for a lung transplant that will always end in death. So all smokers should have to pay for all smoking related ailments, all 1000 of them

Okay good, so NOBODY that doesn't have AIDS and/or HIV should be paying the healthcare costs for those who are reckless enough to get AIDS and/or HIV.

I don't think you or Bassboy knows how insurance coverage works.

But what of those who do, then their arm or leg falls off? Kids do dumb things, they deserve the best guideance that we can offer them. How many will become addicts because of free and legal drugs?

Tobacco kills 1315 Americans EVERY SINGLE DAY, why is this legal

CDC - Fact Sheet - Fast Facts - Smoking & Tobacco Use
Smoking is the leading cause of preventable death.
  • Worldwide, tobacco use causes nearly 6 million deaths per year, and current trends show that tobacco use will cause more than 8 million deaths annually by 2030.2
  • Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths per year in the United States, including nearly 42,000 deaths resulting from secondhand smoke exposure. This is about one in five deaths annually, or 1,300 deaths every day.1
  • On average, smokers die 10 years earlier than nonsmokers.3
  • If smoking continues at the current rate among U.S. youth, 5.6 million of today’s Americans younger than 18 years of age are expected to die prematurely from a smoking-related illness. This represents about one in every 13 Americans aged 17 years or younger who are alive today.1

If saving lives was the goal, they'd outlaw smoking and many other things, but they worry about what could threaten their power and nothing else.

More people are killed with knives, but haven't heard any concern about that. Government isn't threatened by knives.

They view everything in respect of what it can do for them. They can tax tobacco and get a shit ton of money so why would they outlaw it?

They want to make drugs legal so they can tax them and get a shit ton of money.

None of those things threaten government. They like all those deadly things because government uses them to increase revenue.

Sure, people will die but that just helps with their plan for population control. Saving lives, whether by banning tobacco or finding cures for illnesses just means people will live longer. Several Dems have stated that old people have a duty to die. Obamacare seeks to replace treatments with pain killers for the elderly.

The only time they cry about safety is when it comes to guns. They do not acknowledge that guns save lives when in the right hands. They aren't happy about that, either.

An armed populace is a huge threat to a would-be tyrannical government. That is why they are trying desperately to start down that road where they will eventually ban them and they'll come knocking on our doors to make sure we don't have any. The first step is forcing people to register their guns so they will know where they are when it comes time to take them.

But what of those who do, then their arm or leg falls off? Kids do dumb things, they deserve the best guideance that we can offer them. How many will become addicts because of free and legal drugs?

Fuck 'em.

1. Worldwide, tobacco use causes nearly 6 million deaths per year, and current trends show that tobacco use will cause more than 8 million deaths annually by 2030.2
  2. Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths per year in the United States, including nearly 42,000 deaths resulting from secondhand smoke exposure. This is about one in five deaths annually, or 1,300 deaths every day.1
  3. On average, smokers die 10 years earlier than nonsmokers.3
  4. If smoking continues at the current rate among U.S. youth, 5.6 million of today’s Americans younger than 18 years of age are expected to die prematurely from a smoking-related illness. This represents about one in every 13 Americans aged 17 years or younger who are alive today.1

Smoking laws/prohibitions, to the extent they apply to adults, along with the sin taxes applied to things like tobacco and alcohol, should be abolished. With great personal freedom comes great personal responsibility and ownership of one's choices.

Re: Points 1 and 2:
Smoking presents risks that adults are free to assume at their discretion.

Re: Point 3:
So what? By what edit must it be one's goal to outlive anyone else? Admittedly, if doing so it one 's goal, smoking isn't likely to help further it, but then again, that takes us back to the point above.

Re: Point 4:
Minors should not be permitted to smoke. Doing so is an adult's choice to make, not a minor's.

Let people do what they want as long as they can pay for the consequences.

Texting/cell phone, no seat belt, baby not in a seat, etc in a car
Smoking
Carrying a gun

Those are all things that are likely to cause illness or harm to oneself or others. Carry insurance so others don't have to pay for your stupidity. And require that these dangerous behaviors are not allowed near others.
Clever, but not really.

1. Worldwide, tobacco use causes nearly 6 million deaths per year, and current trends show that tobacco use will cause more than 8 million deaths annually by 2030.2
  2. Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths per year in the United States, including nearly 42,000 deaths resulting from secondhand smoke exposure. This is about one in five deaths annually, or 1,300 deaths every day.1
  3. On average, smokers die 10 years earlier than nonsmokers.3
  4. If smoking continues at the current rate among U.S. youth, 5.6 million of today’s Americans younger than 18 years of age are expected to die prematurely from a smoking-related illness. This represents about one in every 13 Americans aged 17 years or younger who are alive today.1

Smoking laws/prohibitions, to the extent they apply to adults, along with the sin taxes applied to things like tobacco and alcohol, should be abolished. With great personal freedom comes great personal responsibility and ownership of one's choices.

Re: Points 1 and 2:
Smoking presents risks that adults are free to assume at their discretion.

Re: Point 3:
So what? By what edit must it be one's goal to outlive anyone else? Admittedly, if doing so it one 's goal, smoking isn't likely to help further it, but then again, that takes us back to the point above.

Re: Point 4:
Minors should not be permitted to smoke. Doing so is an adult's choice to make, not a minor's.

All good points, but why should other people need to pay for a smokers increased need for healthcare.

Yes it's government's job to take care of us and make our decisions for us when we make bad decisions. Grow a pair, Phyllis, and make your own choices
What brand of death do you smoke

HG0000290.jpg

cigrattee%20holder.jpg

Yes, it should be "legal." The idea government can make better decisions for you than you can for yourself is idiotic. It's also cowardly and lazy since you want government to do your job for you. Convince people it's stupid, don't get government to do it for you. And it's idiotic, it doesn't work anyway. All you do is obliterate our privacy (war on drugs), turn inner cities into shooting galleries, fund organized crime and destabilize governments across the world from Columbia to Afghanistan.

Then ... we still have the drugs! Any high schooler can get all the drugs they want. Didn't think this one through, did you, Skippy?

Yes it's government's job to take care of us and make our decisions for us when we make bad decisions. Grow a pair, Phyllis, and make your own choices

HG0000290.jpg

cigrattee%20holder.jpg

Whatever your opinion of smoking is, how did you become God's gift that qualified you to make other people's decisions for them? How liberal of you

HG0000290.jpg

cigrattee%20holder.jpg

Keep in mind he's pretending that if they are illegal, you can't get them. Funny, they are illegal now and people get them.

The reality of Bass's holier than though plan is funding organized crime to provide it. Not exactly a plan that is holy

HG0000290.jpg

cigrattee%20holder.jpg

'fess up.

Exactly. The idea that my choices are that I want to do something or I should want it to be illegal is the simpleton black and white view of the world that dominates the Democrat party and the socon right. They are the intellectual bottom dwellers of politics

Forum List

Back