Zone1 Why is there fear of Black people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
During those 12 years, how many times have you had to use it to defend your life?

Not a single time. Nor have I had to break out my spare tire, pull the pin on one of the fire extinguishers, or use one of the Combat Application Tourniquets I keep in the medical bag in the car.

I haven't used any of those over the last 12 years, should I throw them away?

How can the FBI's own statistics be "racist?

"Of the 9,468 murder arrests in the US in 2017, 53.5% were black and 20.8% Hispanic. Of the 822,671 arrests for non-aggravated assault, 31.4% were black and 18.4% Hispanic.[55]

According to the FBI Uniform Crime Reports, in 2008, black youths, who make up 16% of the youth population, accounted for 52% of juvenile violent crime arrests, including 58.5% of youth arrests for homicide and 67% for robbery. Black youths were overrepresented in all offense categories except DUI, liquor laws, and drunkenness."

Race and crime in the United States - Wikipedia

Now that was 12.1% of the population committing 53.5% of the murders, 16% of the youth population committing 52% of juvenile violent crimes, 58.5% of youth arrests for homicide, and 67% for robbery.
With no adjustment for known bias in each and every step of the criminal justice system - surveillance, profiling, arrest, charging which includes overcharging, investigations, recommendations for prosecution, plea bargaining, trying and sentencing - the numbers are going to be skewed, that's number one. Nonetheless skewed numbers can be adjusted if you are actually trying to get to representative numbers.

The numbers that the FBI posts are arrests, not convictions, so how about we start with just these first two paragraphs. Has anyone ever gone back to see the what the final dispositions are?

I guess you've never heard of Appalachia?

Central Appalachia has up to three times the national poverty rate, an epidemic of prescription drug abuse, the shortest life span in the nation, toothlessness, cancer and chronic depression.​

America's poorest white town: abandoned by coal, swallowed by drugs

I would be safer in Appalachia after dark than in a black neighborhood. So would Jesse Jackson.

jesse-jackson-625630.jpg

Not a single time. Nor have I had to break out my spare tire, pull the pin on one of the fire extinguishers, or use one of the Combat Application Tourniquets I keep in the medical bag in the car.

I haven't used any of those over the last 12 years, should I throw them away?
How much cobra antivenom do you keep on hand?

How can the FBI's own statistics be "racist?

"Of the 9,468 murder arrests in the US in 2017, 53.5% were black and 20.8% Hispanic. Of the 822,671 arrests for non-aggravated assault, 31.4% were black and 18.4% Hispanic.[55]

According to the FBI Uniform Crime Reports, in 2008, black youths, who make up 16% of the youth population, accounted for 52% of juvenile violent crime arrests, including 58.5% of youth arrests for homicide and 67% for robbery. Black youths were overrepresented in all offense categories except DUI, liquor laws, and drunkenness."

Race and crime in the United States - Wikipedia

Now that was 12.1% of the population committing 53.5% of the murders, 16% of the youth population committing 52% of juvenile violent crimes, 58.5% of youth arrests for homicide, and 67% for robbery.
Is it possible that you can show me the math involved with obtaining these numbers? I have no idea what you're referring to when you cite 12.1% of the population because I don't see it defined or referenced anywhere else in your response.

Also what is the youth population in numbers so I'll have an idea of what 16% of the youth population looks like.

How much cobra antivenom do you keep on hand?

Cobras don't exist in my sphere of influence, but criminals do.

Look, millions of people have concealed carry permits and carry every day. Millions more live in states that don't require permits and carry. If you think a firearm in an unnecessary tool, then don't own one.

Tell ya what: I'll give you $20 for your Second Amendment right, and that's my final offer. Deal?

Is it possible that you can show me the math involved with obtaining these numbers? I have no idea what you're referring to when you cite 12.1% of the population because I don't see it defined or referenced anywhere else in your response.

Also what is the youth population in numbers so I'll have an idea of what 16% of the youth population looks like.

Why are you asking me? I don't work for the FBI.

And mobsters.....
Yup. There have always been ruthless, violent people, the dominant ethnic make up and available weaponry changes through history but level of violence does not. We've tendency to mytholize them and even glorify them to some extent once we are well removed in time from their hey day.

More like "Why is there fear of poor judgement?" When the country's president has to flee, it might be a sign you should get out of there and resume your admirable work at another time.
I heard on the news that the husband grew up in Haiti which is why he loved it there so much.

It's not "the Black people", heck the whole country is composed of Black people. It's criminal gangs plain & simple.

I saw this on another message board:
"I was talking race with a friend of mine who happens to be White. I told him that as a Black person we often enter situations distrusted and have to do so much more than the next person to establish trust, simply because of the color of our skin.
He replied to me, 'Do you know why lots of Whites are hesitant around Black people? Because if they were you they would have burned this nation (USA) down by now, and they don't know if today is the day that you'll decide to do it'.
First time I was speechless in my adult life".

Is there anyone here who can identify with the White man in the above narrative?
/——/ You were talking to an idiot.

Black criminals hunt in packs.

A bad neighborhood is always a black neighborhood. I feel perfectly safe in neighborhoods inhabited by poor Vietnamese war refugees.
ALL gangs hunt in packs, it is kind of the defination of gang. Many criminals operate in rings or groups.

Unless you have actual DATA showing Black criminals are more likely to work in groups, you are simple perpetuating the racist "Black Brute" canard and further emphasizing it by wording it as "hunting in packs"...presumably, in your wording, unlike other races.

I heard on the news that the husband grew up in Haiti which is why he loved it there so much.

It's not "the Black people", heck the whole country is composed of Black people. It's criminal gangs plain & simple.
Why did you put "the black people" in quotation marks? Who were you quoting?

ALL gangs hunt in packs, it is kind of the defination of gang. Many criminals operate in rings or groups.

Unless you have actual DATA showing Black criminals are more likely to work in groups, you are simple perpetuating the racist "Black Brute" canard and further emphasizing it by wording it as "hunting in packs"...presumably, in your wording, unlike other races.
I lived in a number of years in a neighborhood inhabited by poor Vietnamese war refugees. I would often get off work at 10:00 pm and walk three miles to get home.

Do you think I would be safe walking through a black neighborhood at 10:00 pm several times a week?

I lived in a number of years in a neighborhood inhabited by poor Vietnamese war refugees. I would often get off work at 10:00 pm and walk three miles to get home.

Do you think I would be safe walking through a black neighborhood at 10:00 pm several times a day?
Does your personal fear have the power to alter reality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back