Zone1 Why is there fear of Black people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lived in a number of years in a neighborhood inhabited by poor Vietnamese war refugees. I would often get off work at 10:00 pm and walk three miles to get home.

That isn't data

Do you think I would be safe walking through a black neighborhood at 10:00 pm several times a week?

Depends on the neighborhood doesn't it? There are neighborhoods where I am that you would be a fool to walk through alone at night. They are white.

Ahmed Arbery wasn't safe jogging in a White suburban neighborhood.

I have learned to take precautions with young black men I do not know that I have also learned are unnecessary with young white men, Oriental men, and Hispanic men I do not know. .
I have learned that people like you are merely cowards looking for an excuse. I have more than a few students in my classes who would make the likes of you hike up your skirts and run away at a glance but are in fact thoughtful, intelligent, kind individuals.

(PM for a personal anecdote since I've called you a coward several times now and owe you that much).

Last edited:
Why are you asking me? I don't work for the FBI.
Well you just proved my previous comment. I'm asking you because you are citing FBI arrest "counts" not "statistics" yet you can't explain what these numbers represent and I'm telling you they don't mean what you all keep insisting they mean.

You stated that 12.1 percent of the population is responsible for more than 50% of the violent crime or something like that, I don't have your previous comment up on my screen, but nonetheless you are using these incorrect figures to bash and denigrate Black people.

This is a part of the systemic racism we face, being wrongly tagged as criminals, as a group, based on bogus numbers.

And for the record Black people do NOT commit MORE crime than anyone else. White privilege shields whites from many of the pains and disadvantages that Black people in society have been saddled with including all of the negative stereotypes that we accompany that baggage:

https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.IOtkRN3ZniedB4gd2UlBswHaFi?rs=1&pid=ImgDetMain
1716814821092.png

I lived in a number of years in a neighborhood inhabited by poor Vietnamese war refugees. I would often get off work at 10:00 pm and walk three miles to get home.

Do you think I would be safe walking through a black neighborhood at 10:00 pm several times a week?
Are you even aware that there are middle class Black people as well as affluent and very affluent Black people living in beautiful communities?

Don't need a license for that.

Of course, but I'm not just putting on airs.
Well you just proved my previous comment. I'm asking you because you are citing FBI arrest "counts" not "statistics" yet you can't explain what these numbers represent and I'm telling you they don't mean what you all keep insisting they mean.

You stated that 12.1 percent of the population is responsible for more than 50% of the violent crime or something like that, I don't have your previous comment up on my screen, but nonetheless you are using these incorrect figures to bash and denigrate Black people.

This is a part of the systemic racism we face, being wrongly tagged as criminals, as a group, based on bogus numbers.

And for the record Black people do NOT commit MORE crime than anyone else. White privilege shields whites from many of the pains and disadvantages that Black people in society have been saddled with including all of the negative stereotypes that we accompany that baggage:

https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.IOtkRN3ZniedB4gd2UlBswHaFi?rs=1&pid=ImgDetMain
View attachment 952720

Well that sure explains the well-used expression "Dindu Nuffin", often heard in the black community.

The FBI crime statistics are a compilation of data submitted by law enforcement agencies throughout the country. For DECADES they have indicated that Blacks, and in particular Black males (about 6% of the population) commit about half of all VIOLENT crimes, most of which are committed against other Black males.

In recent years, urban municipalities whose governments are dominated by Black politicians and Chiefs of Police have declined to submit their statistics, because they don't like the "picture" that they create of Black criminality. Hence the data in recent years have been incomplete, but still show a wildly disproportionate share of violent crimes committed by Blacks.

Nobody denies that there are lots of Black middle-class people living "normal" lives, but they are not reported in the Media, so sometimes tend to fly under the radar, so to speak. But the 70% statistic - you know what I'm talking about - overwhelms everything else.

By the way, I really like that pyramid graphic above. It is all shite, but it is striking and clever. How nice that they put Trump's 2016 campaign slogan as covertly racist.

I have learned that people like you are merely cowards looking for an excuse. I have more than a few students in my classes who would make the likes of you hike up your skirts and run away at a glance but are in fact thoughtful, intelligent, kind individuals.

(PM for a personal anecdote since I've called you a coward several times now and owe you that much).
Of the offenders for whom race was known, 52.4 percent were black, 45.2 percent were white, and 2.4 percent were of other races.

--------------

The Color of Crime, 2016 Revised Edition, New Century Foundation

Crime rates​

• There are dramatic race differences in crime rates. Asians have the lowest rates, followed by whites, and then Hispanics. Blacks have notably high crime rates. This pattern holds true for virtually all crime categories and for virtually all age groups.
  • In 2013, a black was six times more likely than a nonblack to commit murder, and 12 times more likely to murder someone of another race than to be murdered by someone of another race.

Interracial crime​

• In 2013, of the approximately 660,000 crimes of interracial violence that involved blacks and whites, blacks were the perpetrators 85 percent of the time. This meant a black person was 27 times more likely to attack a white person than vice versa. A Hispanic was eight times more likely to attack a white person than vice versa.
  • The Color of Crime - American Renaissance

Are you even aware that there are middle class Black people as well as affluent and very affluent Black people living in beautiful communities?
I think it is reasonable to assume that Jesse Jackson lives in one of those "beautiful communities." Even he does not feel safe there.

jesse-jackson-625630.jpg

Of the offenders for whom race was known, 52.4 percent were black, 45.2 percent were white, and 2.4 percent were of other races.

--------------

The Color of Crime, 2016 Revised Edition, New Century Foundation

Crime rates​

• There are dramatic race differences in crime rates. Asians have the lowest rates, followed by whites, and then Hispanics. Blacks have notably high crime rates. This pattern holds true for virtually all crime categories and for virtually all age groups.
  • In 2013, a black was six times more likely than a nonblack to commit murder, and 12 times more likely to murder someone of another race than to be murdered by someone of another race.

Interracial crime​

• In 2013, of the approximately 660,000 crimes of interracial violence that involved blacks and whites, blacks were the perpetrators 85 percent of the time. This meant a black person was 27 times more likely to attack a white person than vice versa. A Hispanic was eight times more likely to attack a white person than vice versa.

• The Color of Crime - American Renaissance
Do you clutch these printouts to your quivering busom as you trip through the scary places?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back