Zone1 Why is there fear of Black people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Statistics also indicate several other things including misinformation.

Statistics show most violent crime occurs in small areas of a neighborhood.

Statistics also show that the claim that Blacks are more likely to commit a crime is not overall because it is not evenly distributed across classes and regions. There urban/rural differences and class/income differences.

Statistics also show that most violent crime is intraracial meaning as a White woman you are much more likely to be violated by a White man than a Black man and vice versa, yet that canard persists.

That racist canard is further perpetrated by the dissemination on social media of claims like this: Fact check: Rates of white-on-white and Black-on-Black crime are similar
What about rates comparing white-on-black to black-on-white?

And as far as violent crime in specific areas, well…..duh. That would be the impoverished areas. And poverty is correlated to single motherhood, and then to crime. That is why blacks commit a disproportionate amount of violent crime: the high OOW birthrate among blacks.

I saw this on another message board:
"I was talking race with a friend of mine who happens to be White. I told him that as a Black person we often enter situations distrusted and have to do so much more than the next person to establish trust, simply because of the color of our skin.
He replied to me, 'Do you know why lots of Whites are hesitant around Black people? Because if they were you they would have burned this nation (USA) down by now, and they don't know if today is the day that you'll decide to do it'.
First time I was speechless in my adult life".

Is there anyone here who can identify with the White man in the above narrative?
It’s an interesting topic to explore. I’d start by saying the obvious, not every white person is scared of blacks and not every black person hates whites. I think for the most part if people come face to face and have the opportunity to interact in a way that allows them to get to know eachother then for the most part the barriers break down and they each see the other as human beings. I wish more of this could happen in our world.

But there are certainly many who act off prejudice on both sides. I think that comes from many different areas rooted around fear of the unknown and a need to project anger.

There are associations with violence and gangs that get glorified in areas of
Black culture ie the music and movies they produce. That may play a part in strangers being extra guarded. But think the main reason is below:

There is the history of slavery and racism and oppression that can cause what they call “white guilt”. This I believe is what your friend was referring to. A white person may feel guilty or empathetic for the current and past hardships that blacks have endured and react in a few ways. They may assume that black people are angry about it and therefore a threat to whites. Or they may be embarrassed and angry themselves and turn into an activist for black rights. I’d say that’s the spectrum.

you also have people who shy away from anybody they don’t know. Familiarity has a sense of security that the unknown doesn’t have and many people want to stay within that as they focus on their own lives

Thanks for opening the discussion

Except you just said that blacks were the only minority to face systemic racism, in an effort to put them at the top of the Olympics event.
I said the different groups faced different kinds of persecution in this country and unlike Jews here, it was baked into centuries of our culture and legal apparatus. You are making it into the Olympics by making it about who suffered more and who came out a better class of people despite it and then using that as a bludgeon for those who still struggle .

Where do Native Americans fit in your scale? They too have a cultural history that has seen extensive persecution in this country, including the deliberate and orchestrated destruction of their cultures and confiscation of their lands. Like Blacks, they had to fight for their rights, for citizenship, to retain their languages. Like Blacks and unlike Jews, they are physically distinctive. Like Blacks, many were successful but too many tribes remain mired some of the worst poverty in this country, afflicted with some of the highest sexual assault and violent crime rates (and very low prosecution rates).

In THIS COUNTRY.

What about rates comparing white-on-black to black-on-white?
From what I linked to earlier:

“In 2018, the Federal Bureau of Investigation reported that 81% of white victims were killed by white offenders, and 89% of Black victims were killed by Black offenders.”

In other words, the tiny percentages of interracial violent crime doesn’t outweigh the fact that you are statistically much more likely to be assaulted by a white man.

• Fact
Reactions: IM2
From what I linked to earlier:

“In 2018, the Federal Bureau of Investigation reported that 81% of white victims were killed by white offenders, and 89% of Black victims were killed by Black offenders.”

In other words, the tiny percentages of interracial violent crime doesn’t outweigh the fact that you are statistically much more likely to be assaulted by a white man.
I asked about white-on-black vs black-on-white.

Also, the reason one is more likely to be assaulted by a white man is BECAUSE THERE ARE MORE WHITES. But statistically speaking, a black man is more likely to commit an assault than a white man.

That means that if you are walking home alone late at night, you are more likely to be attacked if the man behind you is black rather tjan white. Jesse Jackson understood that.

Statistics also indicate several other things including misinformation.

Statistics show most violent crime occurs in small areas of a neighborhood.

Statistics also show that the claim that Blacks are more likely to commit a crime is not overall because it is not evenly distributed across classes and regions. There urban/rural differences and class/income differences.

Statistics also show that most violent crime is intraracial meaning as a White woman you are much more likely to be violated by a White man than a Black man and vice versa, yet that canard persists.

That racist canard is further perpetrated by the dissemination on social media of claims like this: Fact check: Rates of white-on-white and Black-on-Black crime are similar
simply not true. twice as many whites are murdered by blacks a year then blacks by whites more than twice as many whites are raped by blacks than whites rape blacks.

And I just explained that legally, any time three or more people are shot by a shooter it is a "mass shooting".
The majority of such tend to be within one race/ethnic.
BTW, not all Hispanics are "Mexican people". Mexico may be the border they came in through, but most came from outside of Mexico.
FWIW, lumping all Hispanic as "Mexican" could be seen as another form of racism~ethnic-ism.
Liberals and racists don't seem to understand that various Hispanic groups hate each other. When I taught in an all-boys middle school, with every race and ethnicity under the sun, the most fights in the school were between Mexicans, Cubans, and Puerto Ricans. In that school, white kids were the definite minority.

Since the white dude drove 600 plus miles to kill Hispanics you trying to find an excuse to call Ms Turqouise a racist shows your mentality.
They guy was cracked in the head. his ace had nothing to do with the fact he hated Mexicans. He was from Dallas, which is in the same state, so your 600-mile comment is ludicrous because of the size of Texas. In Texas, that is a short drive!

I asked about white-on-black vs black-on-white.

Also, the reason one is more likely to be assaulted by a white man is BECAUSE THERE ARE MORE WHITES. But statistically speaking, a black man is more likely to commit an assault than a white man.
Statistically a Black man is far (89%) more likely to commit an assault on a Black woman than a White woman.

Similarly, a White man is far (81%) more likely to commit an assault on a White woman.

The remaining percentages are so small in comparison I don’t see how it matters other than to feed the “black brute attacking white woman” canard.

Neighborhood matters more than racial characteristics and the majority of violent crime occurs in urban areas.

It seems that as a White woman you should be more afraid of White males.

That means that if you are walking home alone late at night, you are more likely to be attacked if the man behind you is black rather tjan white. Jesse Jackson understood that.
Jesse Jackson understood the reality of the particular neighborhood he was in. Sadly, Ahmad Arbery didn’t.

They guy was cracked in the head. his ace had nothing to do with the fact he hated Mexicans. He was from Dallas, which is in the same state, so your 600-mile comment is ludicrous because of the size of Texas. In Texas, that is a short drive!
Yes it did. Stop making excuses.

Liberals and racists don't seem to understand that various Hispanic groups hate each other. When I taught in an all-boys middle school, with every race and ethnicity under the sun, the most fights in the school were between Mexicans, Cubans, and Puerto Ricans. In that school, white kids were the definite minority.
White groups hate each other. So you have no point.

Because of the population demographics, they should lead in all. The fact that a minority leads in any should be suspect. You knew that, but your racism prevents you from saying so.
No, you have no excuses to make here. Whutes hacve everything necessary to not lead in any crime. Yet every year they lead in most categories. White billioniares run scams on people to get more money. So you have no excuses to make about this. Whites commit the most crimes and always have.

Statistically a Black man is far (89%) more likely to commit an assault on a Black woman than a White woman.

Similarly, a White man is far (81%) more likely to commit an assault on a White woman.

The remaining percentages are so small in comparison I don’t see how it matters other than to feed the “black brute attacking white woman” canard.

Neighborhood matters more than racial characteristics and the majority of violent crime occurs in urban areas.

It seems that as a White woman you should be more afraid of White males.

Jesse Jackson understood the reality of the particular neighborhood he was in. Sadly, Ahmad Arbery didn’t.
You’re playing around with statistics in order to avoid admitting the fact that blacks are significantly more likely to commit violent crime than whites.

The reason for that is that there is a higher OOW birthrate among blacks than whites, which is why there is more poverty among blacks, which in turn is why there is more violent crime.

Why is there fear of Black people?​

The above-quoted thread headline “question” assumes a state of affairs that simply doesn’t exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back