why is the government involved in marriage and does it have to be?

actsnoblemartin

I love Andrea & April
Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, CA
Why cant The government get out it and let people enter into business contracts?, without government endorsing homosexuality and heterosexuality or any sexuality

Last edited:
Marriage is really just a fusion of sex and accounting, with some cleaning involved.

This is known as love.

The state starts this process because they know they may be called in to adjudicate, add up who will pay and who will clean up all the spilled love.

Last edited:
Marriage is really just a fusion of sex and accounting, with some cleaning involved.

This is known as love.

The state starts this process because they know they may be called in to adjudicate, add up who will pay and who will clean up all the spilled love.

Legally, actually, in most states, there is no contractual obligation to have sex with your wife at all past consumation.

In louisiana, however - we have both a negative and a positive duty of fidelity - meaning not only are you not allowed to bone other people - but you are contractually obligated to provide the bone to your wife - and vice versa. The civil code does not actually state how often - and I'm not sure that anyone has actually sued for divorce and won on that, but technically, if your wife has held up every part of the marriage contract, but doesn't want to fuck - you can sue her for divorce.

I assume any lawyer who defends a client in a Louisiana divorce case on the grounds of lack of sex will work..............pro bono.

Boom tish!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is government involved with marriage? Because, like most things the government is involved with, marriage is about money.

Does government need be involved with marriage? Like most things the government is involved with, no.

Marriage is a stabilizing institution. Without it, civilization becomes anarchy. See Uganda, Rwanda, and Detroit. Lol

We must enslave men ! :lol:

Nazi%20bondage%20and%20torture%20cover%20-%20Real%20Men,%20%20Feb%201961%5B5%5D.png

In all seriousness, just look at polygamous societies. Young brides and the enslavement of women. Look at the statistics for single mothers in our inner cities. Promoting monogymy should be a priority of the govt. Just wish Obama would push it a little more. He should be an outstanding role model.

It's a feudal hangover, and has everything to do with property and inheritance rights - and government control.

Government/State/Crown/whatever involvement in marriage was to put it simply a license to breed. Only sanctioned or "legitimate" heirs could inherit property (and power) in which the State held an interest. That means land, titles, and so on. The State becoming a party to the marriage contract was a way to keep some control over not just alliances among the nobility but also property ownership and wealth.

Is it necessary today? I don't think so.

The government is involved because marriage is a legal contract involving property.

Forum List

Back