Why is Ja Morant in trouble for having a gun?

"Shall not be infringed" doesn't mean a person has the right to use a firearm for unlawful purposes, which is the subject of this thread. Surely you don't believe that someone who used a gun to rob you should retain his gun rights?
never said it did,,,

and as you posted in the law, no where did he intend to cause fear,, he was showing off from what I saw,,,,
of course if there is a victim he was threatening then we have another issue,, does that person exist??

once their debt to society is paid they should get all their rights back,,, all of them,,,

please stop claiming I said something I never said,,,

never said it did,,,

and as you posted in the law, no where did he intend to cause fear,, he was showing off from what I saw,,,,
of course if there is a victim he was threatening then we have another issue,, does that person exist??

once their debt to society is paid they should get all their rights back,,, all of them,,,

please stop claiming I said something I never said,,,

I'm a pretty hardcore Republican, but I do have the uncanny ability to peek into the mind of a liberal and play the devi'ls advocate. One thing has me confused though: Do you actually hunt progressives, or are you a progressive that has guns and hunts? I mean like those Blue Dog Democrats and antifa goobers walking around with their little AR-15s?

I'm a pretty hardcore Republican, but I do have the uncanny ability to peek into the mind of a liberal and play the devi'ls advocate. One thing has me confused though: Do you actually hunt progressives, or are you a progressive that has guns and hunts? I mean like those Blue Dog Democrats and antifa goobers walking around with their little AR-15s?
as I said youre a leftist,, just because youre not as far left as dems doesnt mean youre on the right

republicans fall to the authoritarian left of the constitution,,, as youve well proven,,

as I said youre a leftist,, just because youre not as far left as dems doesnt mean youre on the right

republicans fall to the authoritarian left of the constitution,,, as youve well proven,,

So you don't actually hunt progressives.

That's too bad. we seem to be overrun with them here. :laughing0301:

Ja Morant is back in trouble after brandishing a gun on Instagram Live that made the rounds online in Saturday. The Memphis Grizzlies suspended him on Sunday from participating in any team-related activity, while the NBA will likely hand out a steeper punishment at the start of next season.

However, people online are starting to ask why Morant is in trouble for having a gun, given that it's in his right to own one as part of the Second Ammendment. One of those people was Fox News' Will Cain, who wondered the reasons for Morant's suspension.

"Explain to me something," Cain said on Twitter. "Does Ja Morant not have 2A rights? Can he not do what he wants outside of his work environment if it's still legal? It may be stupid, but I don't know what he's done to be suspended."

I am trying to figure out why he is in trouble for having a gun?

Why isn't the NRA out defending him?

Why aren't right wing, conservatives defending him?

Isn't gun rights a big thing for the right?

Ja didn't put anyone's life in danger, he was in his own vehicle.
The reason why the NRA and conservatives aren’t defending Morant is because he’s black.

"Explain to me something," Cain said on Twitter. "Does Ja Morant not have 2A rights? Can he not do what he wants outside of his work environment if it's still legal? It may be stupid, but I don't know what he's done to be suspended."
The Second Amendment applies only to government, not private persons, or entities such as the NBA.

Morant violated NBA policy; that he has a right to possess a firearm is irrelevant.

The Second Amendment applies only to government, not private persons, or entities such as the NBA.

Morant violated NBA policy; that he has a right to possess a firearm is irrelevant.
your premise is a lie,,
\
the 2nd A applies to the people,,
its right there in the text of it,,,

my god youre a fucking idiot,,

Conservatives and rightwing entities such as the NRA are infamous for their racism.

Conservatives maintain a double-standard when it comes to Americans of color possessing a gun and their right to do so.
your premise is a lie,,,

if by racism you mean they support all races having equal rights you would be correct,,

its the dems that have special and different rights for different races,,,

The reason why the NRA and conservatives aren’t defending Morant is because he’s black.
Bullshit.... Not defending him because he's a knucklehead. Additionally the NRA has absolutely no authority over the NBA and their contract requirements.
I believe Ja we'll need to check with his contract oil on that one.

You can’t be serious ?
It has NOTHING to do with what is lawful or not.
He’s employed to play professional basketball. Its a business. They, businesses can have dress codes or behavioral expectations all they want. Getting fired ir
or suspended for violating terms of your employment has nothing to do with what is lawful or not. He’s probably in violation if his CONTRACT. He has recourse. He can launch a civil suit. Notice, he hasn’t done it.
Ok, so where in the NBA handbook does it say players can't own guns. He was in his own car, nobody was in danger.

He was in the state of Colorado. Did he have a permit to carry a concealed weapon in Colorado? Even if he did, he violated a Colorado statute...

CRS §18-9-106. Disorderly conduct

(1) A person commits disorderly conduct if he or she intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly:

(f) Not being a peace officer, displays a deadly weapon, displays any article used or fashioned in a manner to cause a person to reasonably believe that the article is a deadly weapon, or represents verbally or otherwise that he or she is armed with a deadly weapon in a public place in a manner calculated to alarm.

(3) An offense under(1)(f) of this section is a class 2 misdemeanor.
Get up to speed, he already serve his suspension for that incident.

The NRA doesn't defend every gun owner.......they defend the cause.....he has lawyers...they can do that work for him.

I notice you have avoided discussing the fact that it is the democrat party and it's anti-gun lunacy that has put him in the bad position he is in....

Why attack the NRA when you should be going after the racist, ant-gun democrat party.....?
Making excuses now.

Forum List

Back