Why is Ja Morant in trouble for having a gun?

I watched the entire clip didn't see any gun. Is this a different clip?

newspress-collage-26146918-1678906224321.jpg

He abused his Second Amendment right, no less than someone who would abuse their right to life by committing murder, their right to vote by committing election fraud, or their right to free speech by committing libel or slander. Like I said, rights have rules and responsibilities. Other wise the only this we have is anarchy.

Call me a "leftist" is you want, I've been called a lot worse before. I'm just being the adult in the room.
unless he threatened someone I dont see the violation of the 2nd A,,

Ja Morant is back in trouble after brandishing a gun on Instagram Live that made the rounds online in Saturday. The Memphis Grizzlies suspended him on Sunday from participating in any team-related activity, while the NBA will likely hand out a steeper punishment at the start of next season.

However, people online are starting to ask why Morant is in trouble for having a gun, given that it's in his right to own one as part of the Second Ammendment. One of those people was Fox News' Will Cain, who wondered the reasons for Morant's suspension.

"Explain to me something," Cain said on Twitter. "Does Ja Morant not have 2A rights? Can he not do what he wants outside of his work environment if it's still legal? It may be stupid, but I don't know what he's done to be suspended."

I am trying to figure out why he is in trouble for having a gun?

Why isn't the NRA out defending him?

Why aren't right wing, conservatives defending him?

Isn't gun rights a big thing for the right?

Ja didn't put anyone's life in danger, he was in his own vehicle.

I guess you forgot to link to the part where the player's union signed an agreement with the league that is the cause of this guy being in trouble.....not the NRA......

And the reason the union signed that agreement is they support the democrat party and its anti-gun lunacy....

Brandishing is a big no no in any public place. When he displayed his weapon while in the car, I doubt that amounts to anything but Ja being irresponsible. The NBA sees it the same and they are spanking the guy for it.

As for the NRA, well they have their own issues.

He is in trouble because the union he belongs to as a member of the NBA signed an agreement with the NBA about behavior and guns........

unless he threatened someone I dont see the violation of the 2nd A,,

I don't know if he did or not. But he did violate the laws of common sense. Apparently he wasn't wearing a shirt in the video, so he most likely carried the pistol in his pocket. He's lucky he didn't accidentally shoot himself in the dick.

I don't know if he did or not. But he did violate the laws of common sense. Apparently he wasn't wearing a shirt in the video, so he most likely carried the pistol in his pocket. He's lucky he didn't accidentally shoot himself in the dick.
as for being a leftist,, like here you have done nothing but argue from a peftist perspective and when that didnt work you tried using leftist tactic of making it personal,, and when that didnt work you tried claiming I said something I never said and when that didnt work you reverted back to the leftist perspective like you did here,,

the funniest leftist tactic was claiming I am living on my knees because I cant carry into a post office or court house when you cant even leave your house with a gun unless you ask for permission first,,

all the while not even knowing half the country is constitutional carry,,

better if you quit now and educate yourself on the true intent of the 2nd A,,,

as for being a leftist,, like here you have done nothing but argue from a peftist perspective and when that didnt work you tried using leftist tactic of making it personal,, and when that didnt work you tried claiming I said something I never said and when that didnt work you reverted back to the leftist perspective like you did here,,

the funniest leftist tactic was claiming I am living on my knees because I cant carry into a post office or court house when you cant even leave your house with a gun unless you ask for permission first,,

all the while not even knowing half the country is constitutional carry,,

better if you quit now and educate yourself on the true intent of the 2nd A,,,

Like I said, "Rights have responsibilities." Try carrying a gun into a post office, a courthouse, on the grounds of a public school, or while in possession of a controlled substance. Then see what happens to you.

I don't make the laws, I just try to follow them for the most part. It makes my life a little easier.

he signed the contract,, so its on him,,

my responses are to the leftist that say he did breakk the law,,
Yeah I'm pretty sure the NBA management are good to take exception to that image.
He wasn't in trouble for "having" a gun. His problem is that unless he has a Colorado concealed carry permit, he committed a crime. He also committed a crime by brandishing a weapon, and most likely being under the influence of an intoxicant wile in possession of a weapon. Colorado is one of the states that prohibits concealed carry while consuming alcohol or a controlled substance.
Ok.... So he actually might be in trouble with the law also.

Jo

Like I said, "Rights have responsibilities." Try carrying a gun into a post office, a courthouse, on the grounds of a public school, or while in possession of a controlled substance. Then see what happens to you.

I don't make the laws, I just try to follow them for the most part. It makes my life a little easier.
where can I find a list of those responsibilities in the constitution???

again youre arguing from a leftist narrative,,,

as for you following what youre told to follow shows youre not just a leftist but a useful idiot,,

where can I find a list of those responsibilities in the constitution???

again youre arguing from a leftist narrative,,,

as for you following what youre told to follow shows youre not just a leftist but a useful idiot,,

Don't be childish. Nobody wants anarchy, Republicans or Democrats.

Don't be childish. Nobody wants anarchy, Republicans or Democrats.
again with the leftist tactic of claiming I said something I never said,,,

I am speaking to what the 2nd A says in the constitution that you keep ignoring,,,

thats the opposite of anarchy,,,

again with the leftist tactic of claiming I said something I never said,,,

I am speaking to what the 2nd A says in the constitution that you keep ignoring,,,

thats the opposite of anarchy,,,

"Shall not be infringed" doesn't mean a person has the right to use a firearm for unlawful purposes, which is the subject of this thread. Surely you don't believe that someone who used a gun to rob you should retain his gun rights?

Forum List

Back