Why is Ja Morant in trouble for having a gun?

Jul 26, 2010
North Carolina
Ja Morant is back in trouble after brandishing a gun on Instagram Live that made the rounds online in Saturday. The Memphis Grizzlies suspended him on Sunday from participating in any team-related activity, while the NBA will likely hand out a steeper punishment at the start of next season.

However, people online are starting to ask why Morant is in trouble for having a gun, given that it's in his right to own one as part of the Second Ammendment. One of those people was Fox News' Will Cain, who wondered the reasons for Morant's suspension.

"Explain to me something," Cain said on Twitter. "Does Ja Morant not have 2A rights? Can he not do what he wants outside of his work environment if it's still legal? It may be stupid, but I don't know what he's done to be suspended."

I am trying to figure out why he is in trouble for having a gun?

Why isn't the NRA out defending him?

Why aren't right wing, conservatives defending him?

Isn't gun rights a big thing for the right?

Ja didn't put anyone's life in danger, he was in his own vehicle.

Ja Morant is back in trouble after brandishing a gun on Instagram Live that made the rounds online in Saturday. The Memphis Grizzlies suspended him on Sunday from participating in any team-related activity, while the NBA will likely hand out a steeper punishment at the start of next season.

However, people online are starting to ask why Morant is in trouble for having a gun, given that it's in his right to own one as part of the Second Ammendment. One of those people was Fox News' Will Cain, who wondered the reasons for Morant's suspension.

"Explain to me something," Cain said on Twitter. "Does Ja Morant not have 2A rights? Can he not do what he wants outside of his work environment if it's still legal? It may be stupid, but I don't know what he's done to be suspended."

ask the liberal bed wetters that are behind it retard.

Spot on!

Like it.

If Ja didn't threaten anyone and didn't break any laws, the NBA has no right to punish him

The NBA's treatment of Kyrie over the vax was a similar exercise in "thou does not have the right to disagree"

Adam Silver is .... yeah, another one... of those... a fascist gun grabbing Zionist supremacist shithead

Apply everything according to ONE SAME STANDARD and we won't have nearly as many problems.

The NRA needs to check the facts and respond, that's what it is supposed to do.

Morant's idiotic behavior has nothing to do with the Second Amendment or the NRA. Even if he has a concealed carry permit, there's no state in the US whose permit laws allows the holder to be in possession of a firearm while being inebriated in a bar or a club.

I can sit is a bar all day while I'm carrying, as long as I'm not drinking an alcoholic beverage.

Morant's idiotic behavior has nothing to do with the Second Amendment or the NRA. Even if he has a concealed carry permit, there's no state in the US whose permit laws allows the holder to be in possession of a firearm while being inebriated in a bar or a club.

I can sit is a bar all day while I'm carrying, as long as I'm not drinking an alcoholic beverage.

careful there bud,,

that law also denies a person to have a gun in their house if they are a drinker,,

nothing in the 2nd A says I cant be drunk off my ass while carrying a gun,, thats my god given right,,

careful there bud,,

that law also denies a person to have a gun in their house if they are a drinker,,

nothing in the 2nd A says I cant be drunk off my ass while carrying a gun,, thats my god given right,,

Good way to get your ass shot off by the police. Every state in this country has laws prohibiting the possession of a firearm while intoxicated.

If you don't like it, put on your little three-cornered hat, grab your toy musket, and go protest in the city square.

OK, so was Ja drunk or not?

A sports figure celebrating in a strip club? :laughing0301:

You don't have to be "drunk". The mere consumption of alcohol in a public place will cause you to lose your permit. That's written into every concealed carry law in every state of the US.

First I heard of it, if he can pass a background check. Then it is his right to own a gun.

Good way to get your ass shot off by the police. Every state in this country has laws prohibiting the possession of a firearm while intoxicated.

If you don't like it, put on your little three-cornered hat, grab your toy musket, and go protest in the city square.
those laws also apply to your own house and dont require intoxication,, just consuming alcohol is enough,,

laws dont over ride the 2nd A,,

you either support the 2nd or you dont,,

A sports figure celebrating in a strip club? :laughing0301:

You don't have to be "drunk". The mere consumption of alcohol in a public place will cause you to lose your permit. That's written into every concealed carry law in every state of the US.

1. Did he drink alcohol?
2. Was he in any way impaired?

If he didn't drink alcohol and was not impaired, the OP is right.

First I heard of it, if he can pass a background check. Then it is his right to own a gun.

Almost anyone can "own" a gun. He wasn't "owning" a gun, he was carrying one in public. That requires more responsibility than just "owning" one, and what he did was irresponsible. He makes all law-abiding gun owners look bad.

1. Did he drink alcohol?
2. Was he in any way impaired?

If he didn't drink alcohol and was not impaired, the OP is right.

Come on, seriously? Look at the video: He was looped.

Probably high on pot too, which would constitute a felony.

Ah the truth comes out. The dumbass was in a bar, drunk, and pulls out a gun. Then the liberal media and NBA he supports. Take him to task, enough said.

just consuming alcohol is enough

So you get your gun grabbed for a small shot of Kaluha in your coffee?

Good grief...

What if your apple cider starts to ferment before you notice....

The standard should be IMPAIRED. If you are IMPAIRED you should not have a gun. A field sobriety test with camera should be sufficient.

Almost anyone can "own" a gun. He wasn't "owning" a gun, he was carrying one in public. That requires more responsibility than just "owning" one, and what he did was irresponsible. He makes all law-abiding gun owners look bad.
laws dont allow a person to carry a gun,, thats a god given right protected by the constitution,,

Forum List

Back