Why is it truthers feel the need to lie?

Why did that supervisor at the ATC destroy the taped conversations between his controllers and the local flight traffic? I wonder if that fuck ever lost his job? Or did he get a promotion like all good Bush dick lickers? He probably gets paid to cruise the internet and run cover for his control agents.

Can you imagine if someone at NASA did that with something like the space shuttle crash
did you know that happened to some of the moon shot footage too?

hanlons razor in both cases

Actually I would like to know why that tape was erased. (If there was a tape erased.) Because I do know a little bit about ATC. And I know that FAA regulations call for those tapes to be held for 15 days, and a hijack tape for 3 years. So where was this done?

Can you imagine if someone at NASA did that with something like the space shuttle crash

You do not even understand the concept of hanlons razor ...So in a panic of some kind someone from NASA intentionally cut up footage of the Moon landing and dumped it into garbage cans impeding a criminal investigation ???
got a link to that story dwiveconman ??
you dont understand it
dipshit
it wasnt destroyed that way
it was a mistake and the guy admitted it
shit you look for bullshit in everything

Actually I would like to know why that tape was erased. (If there was a tape erased.) Because I do know a little bit about ATC. And I know that FAA regulations call for those tapes to be held for 15 days, and a hijack tape for 3 years. So where was this done?
the guy messed up
and if i remember correctly he admitted what he did

ASHINGTON, May 6 — At least six air traffic controllers who dealt with two of the hijacked airliners on Sept. 11, 2001, made a tape recording that same day describing the events, but the tape was destroyed by a supervisor without anyone making a transcript or even listening to it, the Transportation Department said in a report today.

That manager crushed the cassette in his hand, shredded the tape and dropped the pieces into different trash cans around the building, according to a report made public today by the inspector general of the Transportation Department.

The New York Times > National > F.A.A. Official Scrapped Tape of 9/11 Controllers' Statements

Last edited:
ASHINGTON, May 6 — At least six air traffic controllers who dealt with two of the hijacked airliners on Sept. 11, 2001, made a tape recording that same day describing the events, but the tape was destroyed by a supervisor without anyone making a transcript or even listening to it, the Transportation Department said in a report today.

That manager crushed the cassette in his hand, shredded the tape and dropped the pieces into different trash cans around the building, according to a report made public today by the inspector general of the Transportation Department.

The New York Times > National > F.A.A. Official Scrapped Tape of 9/11 Controllers' Statements
. But the quality-assurance manager asserted that making the tape had itself been a violation of accident procedures at the Federal Aviation Administration, the report said.
see, the guy thought he had to do it, he was wrong

Oh hell, this isn't an official tape it was someone thinking they were doing a step above and beyond instead of following set procedures. I don't understand why the tape was erased, but hell one of the controllers on the tape wasn't even connected to any of the planes. This is a non-issue. We have the statements made by the controllers and we have the audio of them talking to the planes that day.

the guy messed up

OH!!!!! He "messed up"!!! THAT changes EVERYTHING!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

AND stupid me...I was under the ridiculous assumption that an ATC supervisor was time tested under one of the highest stress jobs on the planet where if ya "just mess up" people die. Ya they probably have it right there in the ATC handbook..."If ya "mess up" just admit it and everything's gonna be hunky dory!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

more from that story

The inspector general attributed the tape's destruction to "poor judgment."
"The destruction of evidence in the government's possession, in this case an audiotape particularly during times of a national crisis, has the effect of fostering an appearance that information is being withheld from the public," the inspector general's report said. "We do not ascribe motivations to the managers in this case of attempting to cover up, and we have no indication that there was anything on the tape that would lead anyone to conclude that they had something to hide or that the controllers did not carry out their duties."

the guy messed up

AND stupid me...I was under the ridiculous assumption that an ATC supervisor was time tested under one of the highest stress jobs on the planet where if ya "just mess up" people die. Ya they probably have it right there in the ATC handbook..."If ya "mess up" just admit it and everything's gonna be hunky dory!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
well, i had thought the guy admitted he made a mistake, but now i see he hasnt

The inspector general also noted that the official who destroyed the tape had no regrets or second thoughts: "The quality-assurance manager told us that if presented with similar circumstances, he would again take the same course of action."
Mr. Mead wrote that this attitude was "especially troubling" and that supervisors should take "appropriate administrative action."
Although the matter had been referred to the Justice Department, the Mead report added, prosecutors said they had found no basis for criminal charges.
and in my opinion, the guy SHOULD be fired

And they don't even say when the tape was destroyed. But they do say:

"It was never meant as a permanent record," said Mark DiPalmo, the president of the local chapter of the National Air Traffic Controllers Association

Well I guess it isn't only WIKI that gets scrubbed. I know there are several here that will not believe me but being a pilot I was VERY curious about how the ATC handled 9/11 on 9/11... not months later. The "mishandling of the tape" occurred the same day. I never heard about some months later "error" in the handling of the tapes. The way I heard it was that a supervisor took reels off a recorder and pulled the tape off of them into a waste basket at the complete surprise of the attending co-workers on the afternoon of 9/11. I have never read the 9/11 report. I am bringing what I know just from my own personal memory of the events of 9/11/01. Take it or leave it. The report of a vague months later incident is a fucking lie and a cover up. This I swear on my grandfathers and fathers grave.

My memory recalls the knowledge of the tape fiasco coming to light no more than 48 hours after 9/11. It was on the news and all over the internet at the time. Where did this info go? Do you really think the worlds best hackers and computers do not belong to the government?

Last edited:
the guy messed up

sure is fun watching you OWN Gomer in this debate,pretty simple task for anybody to do with any of the OCTA'S.:lol:

Never heard about it.

They ...whoever "they" are obviously did not want that tidbit to gain more momentum than they could squash. I repeat. I never read the report. When I brought this up ...and I believe I may be the first on this MB...I did so from recollections of the days immediately following 9/11. This months later substitute story is not what I am talking about. I knew NOTHING about THAT! I know..I know...HUGGY is a liar ....not a pilot...blah...blah...blah...

Like I said...believe my story or don't... I am sure the true story as I have relayed it is somewhere on somebody's computer where the NSA couldn't get at it.

I'm just here sharin the love and the truth as I know it. :eek:

Well I guess it isn't only WIKI that gets scrubbed. I know there are several here that will not believe me but being a pilot I was VERY curious about how the ATC handled 9/11 on 9/11... not months later. The "mishandling of the tape" occurred the same day. I never heard about some months later "error" in the handling of the tapes. The way I heard it was that a supervisor took reels off a recorder and pulled the tape off of them into a waste basket at the complete surprise of the attending co-workers on the afternoon of 9/11. I have never read the 9/11 report. I am bringing what I know just from my own personal memory of the events of 9/11/01. Take it or leave it. The report of a vague months later incident is a fucking lie and a cover up. This I swear on my grandfathers and fathers grave.

My memory recalls the knowledge of the tape fiasco coming to light no more than 48 hours after 9/11. It was on the news and all over the internet at the time. Where did this info go? Do you really think the worlds best hackers and computers do not belong to the government?

This is what happens when you drop too much acid and can't remember several years of your life. :lol:

Never heard about it.

They ...whoever "they" are obviously did not want that tidbit to gain more momentum than they could squash. I repeat. I never read the report. When I brought this up ...and I believe I may be the first on this MB...I did so from recollections of the days immediately following 9/11. This months later substitute story is not what I am talking about. I knew NOTHING about THAT! I know..I know...HUGGY is a liar ....not a pilot...blah...blah...blah...

Like I said...believe my story or don't... I am sure the true story as I have relayed it is somewhere on somebody's computer where the NSA couldn't get at it.

I'm just here sharin the love and the truth as I know it. :eek:

So what data was lost. They have the radar records for every flight. They have the recordings of ATC. They have the testimony of the workers. So what's missing? Wouldn't there be missing evidence if some mysterious guy shredded evidence in front of startled witnesses? Wouldn't there be... um.... witnesses? :lol: I would be surprised if you could get a license to fly a pogo stick.

Forum List

Back