Why is it that New York is responsible for 50% of our covid-19 statistics?

Because densely populated. Most people are in close quarters with other people.

So do they just keep dying until the density get's below a certain level.

I mean....I get heartbroken over the numbers I see every day.

But I also wonder when they are going to catch on.

Do they not understand (some tell me this is the case) ?

If you subtracted the New York stats from the rest of the country the situation doesn't look too bad at all compared to other nations. what's up with the New York stats why are they spiraling so quickly out of control? Hell California is more densely populated than New York is. Is this another indicator that warm weather discourages the virus?

I think it's time to see the statistics separately... Apparently they are very different case scenarios.

Jo
You can't subtract half the cases just because they are in a city. Yeah, subtract half of Italy's and they don't look too bad, either.

All the major cities are where it is spreading fastest because more people live there. Do they not count or something?

The state of New York has almost 1/3 of the total cases for the U.S.

They have damn near 1/2 of the deaths.

What the fuck is wrong with them (and you).

For the millionth time. More people want to visit New York and the population density.

Dude LA is pretty dense.....

Jo

Dude - LA is not even close on density. Additionally NYC is the gateway to the US from abroad. LA? Not so much.
Plenty of problems in Detroit, New Orleans and Seattle too.
Florida is next and don't think for a minute it won't ultimately affect Gooberville USA.
Viruses don't give a fuck about politics or state lines

Well, right now you've got 18 states with less than 100 deaths.

And 29 with less than 200.

Some of those states are heavily populated.

Is New York City just going to keep dying ?

WTF.

If you subtracted the New York stats from the rest of the country the situation doesn't look too bad at all compared to other nations. what's up with the New York stats why are they spiraling so quickly out of control? Hell California is more densely populated than New York is. Is this another indicator that warm weather discourages the virus?

I think it's time to see the statistics separately... Apparently they are very different case scenarios.

Jo
You can't subtract half the cases just because they are in a city. Yeah, subtract half of Italy's and they don't look too bad, either.

All the major cities are where it is spreading fastest because more people live there. Do they not count or something?

Bullshit.

There are tapes all over the place showing the leaders of New York telling people to stay and play, attend festivals, and support the chinese......no worries....we are prepared.

They are the fuckups that need to be thanked for New Yorks raging success.

And...BTW: When Cuomo finally got around to chasing them off the streets, they stayed on the streets.
What did I say that was "bullshit?" This thread is about the suggestion to NOT COUNT half our cases because they live in New York City. So they guessed wrong. NYC isn't the only place where people are staying on the streets, either. They are doing it everywhere and half the people on this board are supporting it.

You want to place blame, fine, but you don't just negate the human beings in NYC.

You obviously don't do math or analysis.

When you are making claims about mortality for an entire population and you have a huge activity cluster that is skewing the numbers, you look at it with and without the cluster.

That way you are not making bad decsions (like locking everyone down) for the entire group based on skewed data.

How may cases and how many deaths does New York (most of it in NYC) have ?

Figure it out...combine it with New Jersey......together they have 25,000 of 45,000 deaths and that ratio isn't changing much.

So you claim you can't pull those numbers and learn something is:

BULLSHIT

I think the reason why we’re seeing democrat controlled areas getting hit especially hard is, in part, because of their poor personal hygiene habits.
I can recall seeing a study that said democrats rarely wash their hands and often pick their nose.

Also I think they all just have a very very weak constitution. Weak immune systems. Years of substance abuse can cause that. And F every swinging dirty dick in the process.

The pair of you are dumber than a sack of hammers. We've come to expect that with Trumpkins.

The outbreak started in New York, home of two of the world's busiest airports, landing pad of the universe, and it spread because you let everyone in without testing them. That's because Dumb Donald gutted the leadership of the CDC and there was no one there to lead the organization in getting testing done.

The outbreak spread because Trump banned some travel from China, and did nothing else. Canada had its first case the same day as the USA. Instead of ignoring the crisis, or pretending it wasn't happening or that it was a hoax. We tested everyone coming in, and quarantined everyone who tested positive. Today, you hit 100,000 cases, and Canada hit 4000.

Trump is responsible for this mess. His failure to protect or prepare the nation for the challenge it was about to face is the greatest failure of any President in modern history. Tens of thousands of Americans will die because fools like you elected a total idiot President.

Today Trump said the governors needed to show more "gratitude" for all he did for them. I guess he wants them to kiss his ring and lie to the American people about the mess he's made here.
Stop blaming Trump for the poor personal hygiene habits of democrats. It’s a well known fact that democrats rarely wash their hands and frequently pick their nose.
For the millionth time. More people want to visit New York and the population density.

Health underwriter here. There are high population with a lot of international travel all over the. Your theory is wrong. It would be there too.
Hygiene and self cleanliness is the reason. Plus the immune system of liberals seems to be weaker. Pot. Alcohol...etc
Show me a city that has a higher combination of density and tourist traffic than the New Your area. I'll wait.

Miami and FT Lauderdale airports???????
This is hitting the whole state. Population would be proportional. These airports spread it. The proportion is not there. Florida was not initially hit hard with a ton of international flights. This population excuse is crumbling.

Hygiene and cleanliness.they shit on the streets in nyc too
Miami and Ft Lauderdale do not have a higher population density or tourist traffic let alone the combined numbers. Try again.
OMG. The height of the tourist season and no one is there. C'mon. Some big areas have none. I'm a health and life underwriter since Reagan's first term.
Yeah you keep claiming that like its going to make you more credible but it easy to see youre full of bullshit. :cool:
Since being a life and health underwriter since Reagans first inauguration, I have all the statistics. So I'll take my credibility unless you're in medical for 40 years. Then we can debate.

Good to know we've got that kind of background to draw on.

The left does not care about anything that does not support thier need to whine and cry.

So reading through this thread......

It might be population density...but they can't figure out how to fix that.

Or it might be cleanliness....and they still don't know what soap is.

Either way....they will continue to die.

They have 210,000 active cases and are adding 5,000 to 8,000 cases every day.

How many people die before they lose a congressional district ?

I think the reason why we’re seeing democrat controlled areas getting hit especially hard is, in part, because of their poor personal hygiene habits.
I can recall seeing a study that said democrats rarely wash their hands and often pick their nose.

Also I think they all just have a very very weak constitution. Weak immune systems. Years of substance abuse can cause that. And F every swinging dirty dick in the process.

The pair of you are dumber than a sack of hammers. We've come to expect that with Trumpkins.

The outbreak started in New York, home of two of the world's busiest airports, landing pad of the universe, and it spread because you let everyone in without testing them. That's because Dumb Donald gutted the leadership of the CDC and there was no one there to lead the organization in getting testing done.

The outbreak spread because Trump banned some travel from China, and did nothing else. Canada had its first case the same day as the USA. Instead of ignoring the crisis, or pretending it wasn't happening or that it was a hoax. We tested everyone coming in, and quarantined everyone who tested positive. Today, you hit 100,000 cases, and Canada hit 4000.

Trump is responsible for this mess. His failure to protect or prepare the nation for the challenge it was about to face is the greatest failure of any President in modern history. Tens of thousands of Americans will die because fools like you elected a total idiot President.

Today Trump said the governors needed to show more "gratitude" for all he did for them. I guess he wants them to kiss his ring and lie to the American people about the mess he's made here.
Stop blaming Trump for the poor personal hygiene habits of democrats. It’s a well known fact that democrats rarely wash their hands and frequently pick their nose.

Health underwriter here. There are high population with a lot of international travel all over the. Your theory is wrong. It would be there too.
Hygiene and self cleanliness is the reason. Plus the immune system of liberals seems to be weaker. Pot. Alcohol...etc
Show me a city that has a higher combination of density and tourist traffic than the New Your area. I'll wait.

Miami and FT Lauderdale airports???????
This is hitting the whole state. Population would be proportional. These airports spread it. The proportion is not there. Florida was not initially hit hard with a ton of international flights. This population excuse is crumbling.

Hygiene and cleanliness.they shit on the streets in nyc too
Miami and Ft Lauderdale do not have a higher population density or tourist traffic let alone the combined numbers. Try again.
OMG. The height of the tourist season and no one is there. C'mon. Some big areas have none. I'm a health and life underwriter since Reagan's first term.
Yeah you keep claiming that like its going to make you more credible but it easy to see youre full of bullshit. :cool:
Since being a life and health underwriter since Reagans first inauguration, I have all the statistics. So I'll take my credibility unless you're in medical for 40 years. Then we can debate.

Good to know we've got that kind of background to draw on.

The left does not care about anything that does not support thier need to whine and cry.
Lol. I try not to beat around the bush with libtards. This is the usual response.
rabbit runaway (1).gif

MIT study spelled it out: S-U-B-W-A-Y !

de Blasio and or Cuomo should have shut it completely down. They closed down some of the trains, and that made things much worse in that it made the cars that were running more packed with riders.
This would be all over the news, but it wasn't something they could blame on Trump, so obviouusly not much has been said about it.

Nobody has answered the question.

Why is New York content to keep dying.

If it is population density....then what should they be doing ?

Because NYC is one of America's most successful cities - a thriving financial and entertainment center. Funny how the backwater redneck hicks are throwing the countries most successful city and it's fellow citizens under the bus during a crisis. But that's just the kind of people that makes up the Republicans.

One of the most successful cities?

It’s THE most successful city and the Center of the Universe.

Jo

New York also is a international hub for many overseas flights. Many of those passengers likely brought the coronavirus back with them without knowing it.

MIT study spelled it out: S-U-B-W-A-Y !

de Blasio and or Cuomo should have shut it completely down. They closed down some of the trains, and that made things much worse in that it made the cars that were running more packed with riders.
This would be all over the news, but it wasn't something they could blame on Trump, so obviouusly not much has been said about it.
Come on Digital, stop being silly....

They cut the subway ridership was cut 90% when they were told to shutter and not go to work....

The 10% that continued to use the subway were health care and nursing home workers and other essential workers like co p s, firefighters, emts, grocery store works etc etc etc.....

No one was jamming in cars to go to work..... :rofl:

Last edited:
The top three factors as to why NYC is having the worst time are:
1) It is an international megalopolis in which there is a huge ethnic Chinese population. When the Chinese fled Wuhan, more of them went to NYC than Bismark.
"The New York metropolitan area, consisting of New York City, Long Island, and nearby areas within the states of New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania, is home to the largest Chinese American population of any metropolitan area within the United States and the largest Chinese population outside of China, enumerating an estimated 893,697 in 2017[25] and including at least 12 Chinatowns." There are like half a million Chinese Americans living in New York, while number 2 is San Francisco with only like 180k.

2) New York is like living in a sardine can. You are jam packed on the subways, elevators and the large buildings AC systems were spreading the virus like mana from Heaven.

3) Mayor deBlathio told NYers to go to the Chinese Lunar Festival and hug a Chinaman today. That guy is such a farking idiot. I think his stupidity is one reason NYC is having so many deaths due to him being a complete jack ass.

Last edited:

Jo

The state of New York has almost 1/3 of the total cases for the U.S.

They have damn near 1/2 of the deaths.

What the fuck is wrong with them (and you).
like Nia said--density and population size
..chances of getting it higher
..chances of spreading higher
..more undisciplined/etc
..I've linked this before---their elderly population is much greater than other cities' elderly population
etc

Forum List

Back