Why is it that New York is responsible for 50% of our covid-19 statistics?

..not only do they have more elderly, the elderly population is also greater percentage wise of the NYC population compared to some other cities

The top three factors as to why NYC is having the worst time are:
1) It is an international megalopolis in which there is a huge ethnic Chinese population. When the Chinese fled Wuhan, more of them went to NYC than Bismark.
"The New York metropolitan area, consisting of New York City, Long Island, and nearby areas within the states of New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania, is home to the largest Chinese American population of any metropolitan area within the United States and the largest Chinese population outside of China, enumerating an estimated 893,697 in 2017[25] and including at least 12 Chinatowns." There are like half a million Chinese Americans living in New York, while number 2 is San Francisco with only like 180k.

2) New York is like living in a sardine can. You are jam packed on the subways, elevators and the large buildings AC systems were spreading the virus like mana from Heaven.

3) Mayor deBlathio told NYers to go to the Chinese Lunar Festival and hug a Chinaman today. That guy is such a farking idiot. I think his stupidity is one reason NYC is having so many deaths due to him being a complete jack ass.
Those with the virus, and dying from the virus, are not Chinese in New York.

Chinatown would be rampant with infections if it came from them, but it's not?

It likely came from European travelers, in NYC, based on the cases we've seen, and lack of cases in Chinatown....imo.

I dont think your data i s correct.

This medical study of cases in New York and elsewhere, but mostly New York and surrounding burgs, had the following racial break down (except Hispanics are NOT a race, bastards!)
Among patients with race/ethnicity data (580), 261 (45.0%) were non-Hispanic white (white), 192 (33.1%) were non-Hispanic black (black), 47 (8.1%) were Hispanic, 32 (5.5%) were Asian, two (0.3%) were American Indian/Alaskan Native, and 46 (7.9%) were of other or unknown race.

The 5.5% shows that the infection rate for Asians was proportionate to their percentage of the population, but there is no doubt the earliest cases came from China and then a second wave came from Europe, true.

What is puzzling to me is why are African Americans so vulnerable to COVID19?

If you subtracted the New York stats from the rest of the country the situation doesn't look too bad at all compared to other nations. what's up with the New York stats why are they spiraling so quickly out of control? Hell California is more densely populated than New York is. Is this another indicator that warm weather discourages the virus?

I think it's time to see the statistics separately... Apparently they are very different case scenarios.

Jo
What a dumb ass theory. Don’t quit your day job, moron

This medical study of cases in New York and elsewhere, but mostly New York and surrounding burgs, had the following racial break down (except Hispanics are NOT a race, bastards!)
Among patients with race/ethnicity data (580), 261 (45.0%) were non-Hispanic white (white), 192 (33.1%) were non-Hispanic black (black), 47 (8.1%) were Hispanic, 32 (5.5%) were Asian, two (0.3%) were American Indian/Alaskan Native, and 46 (7.9%) were of other or unknown race.

The 5.5% shows that the infection rate for Asians was proportionate to their percentage of the population, but there is no doubt the earliest cases came from China and then a second wave came from Europe, true.

Greater exposure,
They work in hospitality, grocery stores, retail stores, bus boys, bellmen, chamber maids, nursing home attendants, cab drivers, etc....

They ride subway and buses, multiple transfers to get to work, and they have multiple contacts with others and tourists vs a guy or gal in an office job, plus their medical conditions of diabetes and hypertension.... imo

If you subtracted the New York stats from the rest of the country the situation doesn't look too bad at all compared to other nations. what's up with the New York stats why are they spiraling so quickly out of control? Hell California is more densely populated than New York is. Is this another indicator that warm weather discourages the virus?

I think it's time to see the statistics separately... Apparently they are very different case scenarios.

Jo

New York also is a international hub for many overseas flights. Many of those passengers likely brought the coronavirus back with them without knowing it.

But hasn't that had enough time to run it's course

I guess that is what I am asking.

So.....

New York has all the ingredients for a continued long run of death.

Do they accept this or are they doing something about it ?

There are tapes all over the place showing the leaders of New York telling people to stay and play, attend festivals, and support the chinese......no worries....we are prepared.
Link them

There was a full thread on the topic.

Go find it.
So, you have no proof. That’s what I thought. Go play in traffic.

If you don't go look, you are uneducated.

Which is what you are now.

New York and New Jersey checking in early with 750 of the listed 1,250 deaths in the U.S.A.

Population density will continue to kill those poor bastards if they don't change something ?

What are they doing...besides dying ?

You really have to wonder.

Greater exposure,
They work in hospitality, grocery stores, retail stores, bus boys, bellmen, chamber maids, nursing home attendants, cab drivers, etc....

They ride subway and buses, multiple transfers to get to work, and they have multiple contacts with others and tourists vs a guy or gal in an office job, plus their medical conditions of diabetes and hypertension.... imo

That is the question.

Why are they still doing this if it is killing them ?

They are responsible for nearly 1/2 our deaths. The whole fucking country is in a panic because of them and we can't seem to separate the two.

There are tapes all over the place showing the leaders of New York telling people to stay and play, attend festivals, and support the chinese......no worries....we are prepared.
Link them

There was a full thread on the topic.

Go find it.
So, you have no proof. That’s what I thought. Go play in traffic.

If you don't go look, you are uneducated.

Which is what you are now.
Well, you’re one of the biggest idiots I’ve interacted with here so far; so, thanks for the advice, but I’m all set.

Jo
It's due to New York City. No other city in the US with a population even close to New York's 8.3 million has it's population density. For example California's most densely populated cities have a population of less than 50,000.

The mistake that people make in comparing the spread of an airborne virus to population density is they look for a linear relationship between density and the numbers of cases but it doesn't exist. In other words the number of cases in a densely populated area more than doubles as density doubles. This of course assumes all other factors are equal which they rarely are. Likewise for two areas that are sparsely populated, density is not a good guide in comparing the number of cases. For example North and South Dakota have nearly the same population density, 11 and 11.3 people/sq. mile and a population size that is nearly the same, yet the number of cases in South Dakota are 3 times that of North Dakota.

1587682268673.png

Last edited:

Jo
It's due to New York City. No other city in the US with a population even close to New York's 8.3 million has it's population density. For example California's most densely populated cities have a population of less than 50,000.

The mistake that people make in comparing the spread of an airborne virus to population density is they look for a linear relationship between density and the numbers of cases but it doesn't exist. In other words the number of cases in a densely populated area more than doubles as density doubles. This of course assumes all other factors are equal which they rarely are. Likewise for two areas that are sparsely populated, density is not a good guide in comparing the number of cases. For example North and South Dakota have nearly the same population density, 11 and 11.3 people/sq. mile and a population size that is nearly the same, yet the number of cases in South Dakota are 3 times that of North Dakota.

View attachment 327080

I agree with what you saying but it's fruitless with the "The Party of the Rumpster" running rampant in here. They enjoy slamming the two states that "The Party of the Rump" can never get the votes in. It has nothing to do with science or graphs. It's strictly the politics of "The Party of the Rump" They are desperate and I hope they keep trying the way they are. The results are, Rump is gone and so are they.

Coronavirus has mutated to become far deadlier in Europe than the milder strain that made its way to the US west coast, Chinese study claims

There could be as many as 30 different strains of coronavirus, a study of patients in China has claimed.

Zhejiang University scientists studied a small number of patients with the disease and uncovered tens of mutations - 19 of which had never been seen before.

Some mutations boosted the virus' ability to invade cells in the body, others helped the disease multiply more rapidly.

The most deadly strains were genetically similar to the ones that spread in Europe and in New York, reported the South China Morning Post.

Blacks are more prone to have Asthma and other rhuematic problems. Just like the Elderly.

Forum List

Back