Why is it that minorities have to vote right wing to be considered right wing?

ptbw forever

Gold Member
May 9, 2015
There are tons of black Christians who still believe what white Christians did 30 years ago or even further back, so why is it that the much more modern beliefs of most white Christians are the ones called “extreme” and “right wing” while the much more conservative beliefs of black Christians are considered “progressive”?

Why is it that we have thousands of Arab Muslims in this country that believe in honor killings, want to literally kill gay people and believe that women shouldn’t have jobs or go out in public alone but yet it is only white Christians who dare to occasionally speak up against the ever more radical left that are considering “backward”?

We need a new metric for how we measure ideology in the west that is not racialized. This is not the early 1900s anymore when both parties were white and Christians were largely right wing while anyone else largely wasn’t.

What the fuck are you going on about?
" There are tons of black Christians..."
I guess you attended a bunch of black churches in good O'l Dixie to make that blanket statement or just made shit up again. As usual.

• Banned
We need a new metric for how we measure ideology in the west that is not racialized.
By 'the west' do you mean America? You could just say that.
No, I mean the west.

As in America, Canada, Western Europe etc.

It is all the same in every western country. The right are always white Christians and those white people who stand with them, and the left is always anyone who isn’t a white Christian. And not to mention the “far right” are always the white people who possess the same group identity that the vast majority of minorities do, which makes no sense unless you hate white people, particularly in Europe where white people invoke their indigenous status and the left doesn’t even acknowledge that is a left wing concept.

I guess you attended a bunch of black churches in good O'l Dixie to make that blanket statement or just made shit up again. As usual.

Dude. There are tons of black Christians. Where do you live that you don't know that?

• Banned
Black Christian churches literally allow people like Farrakhan to speak to them, they are insane.

Black Christian churches literally allow people like Farrakhan to speak to them, they are insane.

I don't know how widespread that level of crazy is, in the black community.

But yes.

Because the same logic applies to majorities.
Except it doesn’t.

Minorities can spout as many radically right wing beliefs as they want as long as they end it off with the fact that they are a registered Democrat or claim they are “progressive”.

White people are right wingers until proven otherwise, and if you go against any radical left wing position you are automatically labeled right wing anyway.

Good to know. Now I know where you justify saying "There are tons of black Christians..."

Good to know. Now I know where you justify saying "There are tons of black Christians..."

Dude. What the FUCK, are you even talking about?

Except it doesn’t.

Minorities can spout as many radically right wing beliefs as they want as long as they end it off with the fact that they are a registered Democrat or claim they are “progressive”.

White people are right wingers until proven otherwise, and if you go against any radical left wing position you are automatically labeled right wing anyway.

And if one goes against any radical or non radical right winger, they are labeled a radical leftist.

Except it doesn’t.

And if one goes against any radical or non radical right winger, they are labeled a radical leftist.

You show me a lib with moderate positions and I'll call him a moderate liberal.

BUT, lib positions are so extreme. What would that look like?

Mac1958, for example, talks a good game.

But when push comes to shove, he sides with you hard core lefties.

No matter how "right wing" some of those black Christians and fundamentalist Muslims are -- no amount of gay bashing and subjugating women will excuse them from still being considered "the other" by all of those right wing white Christians...

It is all the same in every western country. The right are always white Christians and those white people who stand with them, and the left is always anyone who isn’t a white Christian.
What a load. You think everywhere is like your parish.

It is all the same in every western country. The right are always white Christians and those white people who stand with them, and the left is always anyone who isn’t a white Christian.
What a load.
It’s a historical fact.

That is how politics has been done in the west for over 100 years now.

Except it doesn’t.

You show me a lib with moderate positions and I'll call him a moderate liberal.

BUT, lib positions are so extreme. What would that look like?

Mac1958, for example, talks a good game.

But when push comes to shove, he sides with you hard core lefties.
What's extreme about protecting Americans with pre-existing conditions from being denied medical coverage??

What's extreme about wanting Americans to have strong labor protections??

What's extreme about wanting middle class tax cuts instead of giving away most of the tax cuts to the top 10% of people?

You speak of the whole 'west' in terms of parochial US politics. No surprise.

No matter how "right wing" some of those black Christians and fundamentalist Muslims are -- no amount of gay bashing and subjugating women will excuse them from still being considered "the other" by all of those right wing white Christians...

Conservatives in this country are about "conserving" the Age of Enlightenment legacy of the Founders.

YOu can take your nonsense about "gay bashing" and "subjugating women" and roll in up with the next batch of shit you smoke.

Black Christians, and Fundamentalist Muslims are not about that. Thus they do not, generally, deserve to be considered "right wing" in the context of this country.

Forum List

Back