Why is hush money illegal?

You don't know your as from a hole in the ground. We wer giving moey to Ukraine at the time, moron. You just can't stop lying, can you?
They were loan guarantees. You know like the ones RayGun gave to Saddam in the 80's. Gezzz, you guy simple don't know recent history do you?

Isn’t it just payment for a contract of non-disclosure?

I have received such a payment myself. I was wronged by an employer, and they - without admitting guilt - offered me a nice chunk of change to never reveal it publicly. It was a legal contract.

Hush money isn't illegal. But, when it is an in kind campaign donation and it's recorded as something else, that is one crime, and the other crime is defrauding the electorate of information they could have used to make a more informed decision at the ballot box, the former being a misdemeanor and the latter being a felony (if I understand the law correctly -- IANAL).

I have received such a payment myself. I was wronged by an employer, and they - without admitting guilt - offered me a nice chunk of change to never reveal it publicly. It was a legal contract.
The hush money is not illegal unless it was done to influence an election and you submit false business documents to cover it up.

Did you have an affair with a married man running for office and accepted payment to keep quiet about it?

If not, neither of you have anything to worry about.

You're welcome.

Hush money isn't illegal. But, when it is an in kind campaign donation and it's recorded as something else, that is one crime, and the other crime is defrauding the electorate of information they could have used to make a more informed decision at the ballot box, the former being a misdemeanor and the latter being a felony (if I understand the law correctly -- IANAL).
You don't understand the law. You're a prog idiot.

Defrauding the electorate of information? You mean like the media and FBI did to hide the extent of Biden’s corruption family and the fortune the Communists were funneling to Biden?

When that type of thing happened, and Biden became president because the electorate was deprived of learning about his corruption with America’s foe, paying off a floozy is small potatoes.

Hillary and the DNC used campaign funds for a phony dossier. They agreed to pay a fine, that's it, no felony charges.

In 2016, the Hillary Clinton campaign and the DNC got hit with a $750,000 fine by the FEC for breaking campaign finance laws. Basically, the DNC paid a law firm called Perkins Coie, who then hired a research firm called Fusion GPS, to dig up dirt on Donald Trump. But they didn't disclose the payments properly, which violated campaign finance laws.

Hillary and the DNC denied any wrongdoing, but the FEC ruled that the payments were made to influence the election and should have been disclosed. The fine wasn't huge compared to the amount of money spent on the election, but it was still a big deal and added to the criticism and controversy surrounding the election.

Some people thought the fine was too small and that it didn't hold the Clinton campaign and the DNC accountable enough for their actions. It also brought up questions about the role of money in politics and the influence of wealthy donors and special interests on political campaigns.

Overall, the election campaign fine was a messy situation that showed how complicated and difficult campaign finance laws can be. It also reminded us of the importance of transparency and accountability in political campaigns.

The hush money is not illegal unless it was done to influence an election and you submit false business documents to cover it up.

Did you have an affair with a married man running for office and accepted payment to keep quiet about it?

If not, neither of you have anything to worry about.

You're welcome.
What Democrats hid about Biden is worse, involving national security and payoffs from foreign enemies. You hypocrites are unbelievable.

You don't understand the law. You're a prog idiot.
Did you not read the disclaimer? "IANAL"".

It means 'I AM NOT A LAWYER' (and, as such, take the information with that in mind).

That has been an internet acronym for 30 years and it's meaning well established.

There is no reason for you to be rude.

However, for your edification, I will update the comment to which you have rudely replied:

Still "IANAL".

As it turns out, my research indicates that it was partially correct. Hush money, in and of itself, is not illegal under federal law. However, if it is paid as part of a political campaign and is not reported as a campaign contribution, then it can be considered an illegal, unreported campaign contribution. This is a violation of campaign finance laws and can result in criminal charges.

Additionally, if the purpose of the hush money is to conceal information that would be relevant to voters in making their decision at the ballot box, then this could also constitute election fraud. The concealment of relevant information from voters could be seen as defrauding the electorate, which is a serious offense.

However, it's important to note that the specific charges and penalties for these types of violations can vary depending on the specific circumstances and applicable laws. So, I was not accurate to say that the former is always a misdemeanor and the latter is always a felony and I amend the comment hereon. The severity of the charges and potential penalties would depend on the specific facts of the case and the applicable laws.

Now, if you believe you understand the law better than the above, please enlighten this forum with your knowledge.

Last edited:

It means 'I AM NOT A LAWYER' (and, as such, take the information with that in mind).

That has been an internet acronym for 30 years and it's meaning well established.

If you're defending the latest Dim outrage, you deserve everything you get.

However, for your edification, I will update the comment to which you have rudely replied:

Still "IANAL".

As it turns out, my research indicates that it was partially correct. Hush money, in and of itself, is not illegal under federal law. However, if it is paid as part of a political campaign and is not reported as a campaign contribution, then it can be considered an illegal, unreported campaign contribution. This is a violation of campaign finance laws and can result in criminal charges.

Additionally, if the purpose of the hush money is to conceal information that would be relevant to voters in making their decision at the ballot box, then this could also constitute election fraud. The concealment of relevant information from voters could be seen as defrauding the electorate, which is a serious offense.

However, it's important to note that the specific charges and penalties for these types of violations can vary depending on the specific circumstances and applicable laws. So, I was not accurate to say that the former is always a misdemeanor and the latter is always a felony and I amend the comment hereon. The severity of the charges and potential penalties would depend on the specific facts of the case and the applicable laws.

Now, if you believe you understand the law better than the above, please enlighten this forum with your knowledge.
I thought you were saying you’re anal.

Still "IANAL".

C’mon….even for you, it’s a stretch.

Feel free to substantiate your allegation.

Thank you.
They suppressed the news about Hunter’s laptop, and surveys have shown that as many as 15% of those who voted for Biden would NOT have had they realized how corrupt the family is - and thus the election would have gone to Trump. The Dems that hid the truth knew that, which is why they hid information From the electorate.

I thought you were saying you’re anal.
It kinda does look like that, eh? That's rather funny!

However, please know that, although I'm not God's gift to the world, I'm sincerely not that insecure in my own skin.

They suppressed the news about Hunter’s laptop, and surveys have shown that as many as 15% of those who voted for Biden would NOT have had they realized how corrupt the family is - and thus the election would have gone to Trump. The Dems that hid the truth knew that, which is why they hid information From the electorate.

The alleged suppression becomes moot point, or a valid point, depending on what the laptop proves. IF there is no evidence of wrongdoing on the laptop by Joe Biden, then the survey becomes moot, and poses a question to the electorate offering a false choice.

So, when I ask you to 'substantiate' I am asking you for proof there is any evidence of wrongdoing by Joe Biden, on Hunter Biden's laptop.

Proof. Because, only with proof, is that survey a valid and ethical survey.

Defrauding the electorate of information? You mean like the media and FBI did to hide the extent of Biden’s corruption family and the fortune the Communists were funneling to Biden?
There is zero evidence of any corruption by Joe Biden or Hunter Biden. None. If you believe otherwise, feel free to provide evidence.
When that type of thing happened, and Biden became president because the electorate was deprived of learning about his corruption with America’s foe, paying off a floozy is small potatoes.

See above.

/---/Because you're not a strong Republican running against a corrupt swamp creature. You get a pass.

Forum List

Back