Why is hush money illegal?

Lisa558

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2021
Isn’t it just payment for a contract of non-disclosure?

I have received such a payment myself. I was wronged by an employer, and they - without admitting guilt - offered me a nice chunk of change to never reveal it publicly. It was a legal contract.

Why is a married man involved with a woman of such ill repute? What gives there?
Not illegal, though. Now Clinton sexually assaulting an unwilling victim, THAT is illegal.

Taking classified documents out of the SCIF when one is a mere senator and storing them in your home, and enriching your drug addict son by allowing influencing peddling with America’s enemies….much more concerning.

I see this as a wag the dog story.

Nope. But decent men don't do this so the role model thing long gone. My only hope is desantis rides out of the mountain of American immorality and easily seized the no.ination. otherwise I cannot vote for the main parties. They can dry up for all I'm concerned.

Nope. But decent men don't do this so the role model thing long gone. My only hope is desantis rides out of the mountain of American immorality and easily seized the no.ination. otherwise I cannot vote for the main parties. They can dry up for all I'm concerned.
Did you vote for Bill Clinton? He was a repeat sexual offender.

I have received such a payment myself. I was wronged by an employer, and they - without admitting guilt - offered me a nice chunk of change to never reveal it publicly. It was a legal contract.
Look up, Michael Cohen. He served time for this exact crime.

If your previous employer falsified the company’s business records to obscure the reason for the payment... they could also be charged. Them's the law.

I'm sorry to hear that!

However, I don't think it is illegal. They are just determined to get rid of Trump whatever it takes.

If your previous employer falsified the company’s business records to obscure the reason for the payment... they could also be charged. Them's the law.
I have no idea what they did. I signed a legal contract.

I'm sorry to hear that!

However, I don't think it is illegal. They are just determined to get rid of Trump whatever it takes.
I know. And look at how low they’re sinking: he paid hush money to a stripper. After years of looking for a “gotcha,” that’s the best they could come up with? Something that likely isn’t even illegal.

And then we have Joe Biden - removing classified docs from a SCIF when he was a senator, and then selling out our country to America’s foes to enrich himself and his family. And our biggest worry is that Trump paid money to a woman to keep quiet?

Yeah, I get that. Point was that if the hush payments were disclosed, they could be indicted.
They weren’t hush payments. They were payments for my signing of non-disclosure contract. Perfectly legal.

Forum List

Back