Why is America so far from what it was in... say, the 50s?

• 1 the 60s came along

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 people thought they could invent a new moral truth...

• 4 rock music

• 5 people wanted drugs to go with the rock music

• 6 No, rock music was one of the good things about the 60s

• 7 a combination of 1, 2, 3, 4

• 8 I really don't know

• Total voters

notmyfault2020

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2022

I thought long and hard on this question, finally chose the one about the Catholic Church... As goes the Catholic Church, so goes the world.

Of course all those other things went haywire... but I think they went haywire because or largely because of the CC being highjacked by lawless liberals and communists

Seminarians dropped out of the seminaries... became dope-heads in some cases... etc etc...

The golden era I would say (for white people, let's be honest) is pretty much the years my parents worked/raised us.
1960 - 1980
Stable, you could count on your job exactly how much your job could count on you. In other words, you could work at a job as long as you wanted. Job security was very high.

You have to go all the way back to the 30s when Communists were run out Europe and came here to create a communist society. They infiltrated academia, journalism, and politics. Each year increasing their numbers bit by bit.

I thought long and hard on this question, finally chose the one about the Catholic Church... As goes the Catholic Church, so goes the world.

Of course all those other things went haywire... but I think they went haywire because or largely because of the CC being highjacked by lawless liberals and communists

Seminarians dropped out of the seminaries... became dope-heads in some cases... etc etc...

Vietnam hadn't happened yet....and you notice you don't hear a lot of black people saying how much they miss the 50's.

I'm a christian but not a Catholic....My answer is what you would expect from a conservative, straight, white, Christian man. Secular humanism/atheism has brought us to this place......drugs, violence,pedophilia, gender confusion, sexual perversion, attack on the traditional,Biblical family unit. The seeds of discord have been sown by the father of lies.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Such is the reactionary right and conservatives’ unwarranted fear of positive, beneficial change, diversity, and inclusion.

Seeking to compel conformity and punish dissent, conservatives fantasize of an idealized American past that never existed – a past far from ‘ideal’ for women, gay and transgender Americans, Americans of color, immigrants, and members of minority religions.

The reactionary right is the bane of the American nation.

Such is the reactionary right and conservatives’ unwarranted fear of positive, beneficial change, diversity, and inclusion.

Seeking to compel conformity and punish dissent, conservatives fantasize of an idealized American past that never existed – a past far from ‘ideal’ for women, gay and transgender Americans, Americans of color, immigrants, and members of minority religions.

The reactionary right is the bane of the American nation.
I rest my case.

Transgenderism is a recent phenomena conceived by a diseased,godless mind.Only by modern medical technology can such a sick perversion be attained. Transgenderism is nowhere to be found in all of history until now. Look up you godless heathens your judgement is nigh.

Advances in our Society since the 1950s

Civil Rights/ End of Jim Crow
Greater opportunities for women
Birth Control
Environmental Protection
Medicare/Medicaid
Gay Rights
Obamacare

You have to go all the way back to the 30s when Communists were run out Europe and came here to create a communist society. They infiltrated academia, journalism, and politics. Each year increasing their numbers bit by bit.

Sounds like you got left behind.

Catholic Church sucked in the 50s

Latin Mass
No meat on Friday
Women had to wear veils/hats

The Marxist took over
Here's a bunch of Marxists..

Marx_brothers_Tonight_Show.jpg

Forum List

Back