CDZ Why I like free market

grbb

VIP Member
Oct 15, 2016
Bob is a fraudulent engineer. He said a bridge is safe. He is bribed to do so. It's not. Your son died.

You want justice. You tell people. Bob is a fraudulent engineer. He said a bridge is safe. He is bribed to do so. It's not. Your son died.

What can happens? You can get sued for defamation. Bob may be false. You need to proof that he intent to lie. You need to proof that he is bribed. The bribe may be legal. Maybe he is paid millions as speaking fees by the bridge promoters. People argue what's the meaning of the word "safe". Bob statement that the bridge is safe may be true on technicality. It would be safe if people walk very carefully and avoid the holes.

Okay, may be that's not a good analogy. However, we have similar cases in many part of the world. Someone said that religious leaders are lying and they get killed for blasphemy.

How does free market works?

Bob is a fraudulent engineer. He said a bridge is safe. Your son died.

No body would ever hire Bob again.

Period.

No body pick the wrong stocks deliberately. The beauty of free market is that it judges mainly results. Because people are judged mainly by results they aim for results. And that's the only way to motivate people. Judge them and reward them by result and only result.

Look at the aftermath of 9/11, when people were crapping their pants with worry that crop dusters would be stolen to spread deadly pathogens.

The crop dusting professionals rightly scoffed, because that line of work is extremely specialized and the people who work within it are a pretty tight bunch. It's safe to say that such a thing would apply to other important trades like bridge building.

Bob is a fraudulent engineer. He said a bridge is safe. He is bribed to do so. It's not. Your son died.

You want justice. You tell people. Bob is a fraudulent engineer. He said a bridge is safe. He is bribed to do so. It's not. Your son died.

What can happens? You can get sued for defamation. Bob may be false. You need to proof that he intent to lie. You need to proof that he is bribed. The bribe may be legal. Maybe he is paid millions as speaking fees by the bridge promoters. People argue what's the meaning of the word "safe". Bob statement that the bridge is safe may be true on technicality. It would be safe if people walk very carefully and avoid the holes.

Okay, may be that's not a good analogy. However, we have similar cases in many part of the world. Someone said that religious leaders are lying and they get killed for blasphemy.

Period.

No body pick the wrong stocks deliberately. The beauty of free market is that it judges mainly results. Because people are judged mainly by results they aim for results. And that's the only way to motivate people. Judge them and reward them by result and only result.
There's nothing about a free market that says Bob's ass can't be thrown into the slammer if he took a bribe. Free markets can only function in a lawful orderly society. Otherwise it's anarchy Mad Max style.

I didn't pick the right analogy.

The "Free Market" like Communism looks beautiful on paper; however, every time it is put into action there are disastrous consequences.

You can bitch and moan.
Perhaps you should have raised your son to never trust any bridge, period.
Why did your son want to go over a danger like that anyways?

Did you raise your boy to want to venture? Did you raise him to hate his own land so much that he had some need to leave?
Maybe it's your fault, not "Bob".

Now to be fair, Myself and a few other members of the private community I live in built our own damn bridge. I drive over it every day. No, it was not a communal effort. It was a few guys who realized we needed a damn sturdy bridge. No government, no certified engineer... funny thing is that during the last flood, ours was the only one that worked. 'Course the county routed traffic our way despite a year of bitching that we had built a private bridge that wasn't certified by the county.

Really funny the more I think about it.

Last edited:
I would give you another sample.

We got religious leaders condemning a clean governor for insulting their religions.

So we got politicians stealing our money. Some governor is cleaning them up. Then religious leaders say that muslims shouldn't pick that governor because he's christian.

Then somebody says that some religious leaders are lying.

Guess what happens?

Anti-Ahok Demonstration Approaches, Brimob Gears up

You see. Religions are lies. People use it for lying. Yet, you can't just say it that way in Indonesia. Not only the laws are on the side of the liars. The laws protect the lies itself from being exposed.

In free market, I don't give fuck you lie or not. I don't give fuck you deliberately lie or not. If you're wrong I don't trust you. It's not toward my best interest to trust you. And that's it.

I can give other samples.

I have better sample.

There are so many government officials that's corrupt.

Say Bob got $1 million speaking fee from Charlie. In return Bob slams Charlie's competitors for violating "diversity" or whatever objectives.

Very commonly done in government.

Say somebody says

Bob is corrupt. Charlie pays him money to get rid his competitors. The complainants would be the one sent to jail. Why?

Paying $1 million speaking fee is not corruption from the law points of view. It's legal. You can't proof that Bob intent to bash Charlie's competitors is not "pure"

See the problem is?

Under free market, everyone max out profit. No body can bash competitors for any reasons. The only way Charlie can capture market share is by having more efficient bizs.

This is my first night at the forums. I have been browsing and generally just checking things out but I had to stop on this one. I don't think The OPs first language is English. That post contains so many ridiculous errors that it is almost gibberish. Every example given by OP is meaningless to the original post. None of those situations has anything to do with a free market. If you're going to speak out on a political forum and expect other people to read your thoughts and take them seriously then put some effort into your writing. No one will take anything you say seriously when you can't even form a coherent thought and can't use examples that have an relevance to that thought.

Thanks for criticism. Yea I got to improve that a lot.

What I wanted to say is, that under free market, customers can simply judge people based on results and do not need to know about intent, or culpability of service providers.

Outside free market, politicians, law, etc. anyone can pick sub optimal strategy and it will be very difficult for anyone to punish those who do so.

I can think of many other samples.

Last edited:

Period.

Bob would be arrested....and put in jail. That isn't a good example......the Cell Phone or Automobiles are a good example....

or insurance. Many insurance agents make fees go really high and then call that all are invested. Customers lost a lot of money.

Of course, the court can say that all are indeed investments. Investment with 100% fees of investments (typically 230% of yearly premi fees. The rest are just normal mutual fund).

The laws do nothing. Let's see what a start up can do.

I didn't pick the right analogy.

The "Free Market" like Communism looks beautiful on paper; however, every time it is put into action there are disastrous consequences.
That is bull.

Free markets are enormously successful and have proven so time and time again. The idea that a free market cannot be without any protections is silly and not practiced. If you are going to judge a system solely on its 'pure' form then every single system is disastrous.

Forum List

Back