Why I am Catholic

99.9% of Catholics are catholic because their parents were.

If you’d been born in Saudi Arabia, you’d be a Muslim.
Correct , it's easier to follow a path that is known. Not always the best route.

99.9% of Catholics are catholic because their parents were.
Present the entire statistical picture: Start with the statistic that of those who were raised Catholic, only 60% remain Catholic. That statistic falls even further because those who remain practicing Catholics falls between 25% and 33%. Do you know where parents have more influence: Choice of career.

It's "all", but we are insignificant? Since we can't miss it, doesn't that explain all the people with faith in God?
People aren't very intelligent in this world. They often jump to conclusions with no basis in fact.

It's "all", but we are insignificant? Since we can't miss it, doesn't that explain all the people with faith in God?
Do you think it’s a coincidence that there’s a direct correlation between belief in God and poverty and lack of education?

People aren't very intelligent in this world. They often jump to conclusions with no basis in fact.
Einstein noted that knowledge is limited, but imagination embraces the entire world. Great discoveries require great leaps of imagination.

Still, another favorite adage is, Conclusions are the point where someone stops thinking.

Do you think it’s a coincidence that there’s a direct correlation between belief in God and poverty and lack of education?
I think there is a lack of education about God--not to mention a lack of education of the original intent/purpose of Bible stories and how they were written. Mostly I think people should first seek and find God and then study biblical stories.

Also a thought: It could be all knowledge begins with God and grows from there.

I think there is a lack of education about God--not to mention a lack of education of the original intent/purpose of Bible stories and how they were written. Mostly I think people should first seek and find God and then study biblical stories.
No, I’m saying that the most uneducated and impoverished people and regions of the world are also the most religious.

The most highly educated and prosperous regions are the least religious.

Why?

No, I’m saying that the most uneducated and impoverished people and regions of the world are also the most religious.

The most highly educated and prosperous regions are the least religious.

Why?
I know what you are saying. Which group leaves off studying religion and focuses instead on things of this world? It does not have to be one or the other. Which group, do you imagine, is more focused on self?

Einstein noted that knowledge is limited, but imagination embraces the entire world. Great discoveries require great leaps of imagination.

Still, another favorite adage is, Conclusions are the point where someone stops thinking.
Religion is imagination on drugs.

I know what you are saying. Which group leaves off studying religion and focuses instead on things of this world? It does not have to be one or the other. Which group, do you imagine, is more focused on self?
We live in this world , those who focus on that should naturally do better. Religion focuses on " god " to the detriment and / or subjugation of the people involved.

Religion is imagination on drugs.
Not really. Religion is the doorway into the realm of the spirit. Great leaps require great imagination. The imagination here is that there is something beyond our physical world--and that we can enter into it. Ironically, it is imagination that is the doorway into reality.

We live in this world , those who focus on that should naturally do better. Religion focuses on " god " to the detriment and / or subjugation of the people involved.
People who find themselves subjugated rather than freed by religion took a wrong turn somewhere.

Read nf.23.10.02 #11,288
nf.23.06.03 #78 Writing to Jefferson in 1816 about a recent revival of the Catholic order of the Jesuits, Adams wrote,

"This Society has been a greater Calamity to Mankind than the French Revolution or Napoleans Despotism or Ideology. It has obstructed the Progress of Reformation and the Improvements of the human Mind in Society much longer and more fatally." Adam’s to Jefferson rvltn jffrsn.1816

mrwthr.23.10.06
Religion is the doorway into the realm of the spirit. Great leaps require great imagination. The imagination here is that there is something beyond our physical world--and that we can enter into it. Ironically, it is imagination that is the doorway into reality.

Our second President and many of the greatest minds of our founding generation were overflowing at the brim with imagination of the universal human spirit being used toward human enlightenment.

It was the centuries of organized dictatorship over imagination by a Church in Rome which caused our founding generation to abhor the Catholic Church and rebel against the Protestant mess of an offshoot against individual liberty of conscience and the ideas they had for self rule and protection of individual liberty from organized religions like the Holy Roman Catholic Church.

John Adams ridiculed Catholics and helped design the greatest nation on earth - so what in the hell is this:

maybe if you stopped ridiculing people's religion, they would respond and a normal conversation might ensue...

rest my case, Folks!

nf.23.10.06 #279

If I were to choose a religious denomination, it would certainly be the Roman Catholic Church.

Everything about its rituals and traditions are so comforting.

I imagine a congregant feels strengthened when s/he attends mass; confesses his/her sins; has some favorite saints to pray to; and interacts with priests and nuns (many of whom still dress the part) who do such good work in schools and hospitals.

Forum List

Back