Why Hannity Has To Go...

My views and experience seem to be similar to yours. Conservative media has been a none stop bitchfest almost entirely focused on demonizing the left and the media. All their shows are that way... Beck, Hannity, Levin, Buck. That the line up in my area and all I hear is repetitive whining about the Left. It’s not designed to stimulate and educate, it’s cheap fear mongering and gossip drama. Pretty damn pathetic.

If you hate it so much, why listen to Conservative talk shows if you hate Conservative views? Why not change stations and listen to far-left liberal radio?

Why should Conservative talk radio change its format since it is so successful?

I have no problem, whatsoever, with dissenting opinions. But Hannity's been whining about the whole "dossier" thing for years...

Do you think that the reason Sean Hannity has been coving the dossier for years and years is that Democrats have used the fake dossier for years and years to attack President Trump? I know you wish folks would just forget it and let the Democrats lie, not gonna happen.

Do you believe that the phony dossier would have ever been exposed if Sean and other Conservatives had not constantly attacked the veracity of the dossier?

From 2008-2012, and maybe longer, Hannity told the same lie every day, multiple times: Barack Obama was the most Liberal Senator.

It's utter nonsense in a Senate that included Barbara Boxer, Russ Feingold, Bernie Sanders, Barbara Mikulski. And probably a few more that I'm forgetting. But that didn't stop Sean. His whole schtick is repetition of false information.

Show us your reliable source and links supporting your allegation that Hannity said, multiple times every day, that President Obama was the most liberal senator. So what if he did?

I tend to be a bit more conservative than liberal. On topics of national security, immigration, 2nd Amendment, etc, I'm conservative. On the topics of gay marriage, gays in the military, the abortion issue, etal, I tend to be a bit more liberal than most would guess. When I'm in the car, I probably spend an equal amount of time listening to NPR as I do the local conservative radio station (WOKV 104.5).

The other day, when I flipped on the radio, it was on WOKV and during Hannity's time slot. A commercial was playing but, once Hannity got back on the air, it didn't take him 60 seconds to mention "Hillary's bought and paid for dirty dossier", "No Quid Pro Quo Joe", "media mob" and "Zero Experience Hunter". He got all four of those in within the first sixty seconds of coming back off of break.

Since the election of 2016, I don't believe a single broadcast day has gone by without Hannity talking about "Hillary's bought and paid for dirty dossier". I get it. It's fucked up. But what happened happened, and conservatives are generally intelligent enough that they don't need to be constantly reminded of fucked up shit liberals did. Certainly we don't need to be reminded of it every fucking day for five years. Sadly, nothing will become of all of that, and whining about it won't change that fact. Isn't it time to move on to more timely topics? He'll start to go after Cuomo, which is good, but then two seconds later will be bitching about Obama.

I love good, solid criticism, but he takes good, solid criticism and whines about it in a way that few can match.

The guy's got a net worth that's just south of $40 million. It's time for him to retire...
I’m good with getting rid of Hannity. However to be fair, let’s also get rid of another establishment propagandist like say, Rachel. Okay?

I would have to listen to her before saying that. I haven't listened to her in years. Just to illustrate that, when I read the name "Rachel", I immediately thought of Rachel Ray. Maddow's been off my radar for so long and to such an extent that I literally never think about her.

I have no problem, whatsoever, with dissenting opinions. But Hannity's been whining about the whole "dossier" thing for years...
Maddow is still screaming about Russiagate, even with Don gone. Five years without a shred of evidence. She’s a fool and a tool of the establishment.

I tend to be a bit more conservative than liberal. On topics of national security, immigration, 2nd Amendment, etc, I'm conservative. On the topics of gay marriage, gays in the military, the abortion issue, etal, I tend to be a bit more liberal than most would guess. When I'm in the car, I probably spend an equal amount of time listening to NPR as I do the local conservative radio station (WOKV 104.5).

The other day, when I flipped on the radio, it was on WOKV and during Hannity's time slot. A commercial was playing but, once Hannity got back on the air, it didn't take him 60 seconds to mention "Hillary's bought and paid for dirty dossier", "No Quid Pro Quo Joe", "media mob" and "Zero Experience Hunter". He got all four of those in within the first sixty seconds of coming back off of break.

Since the election of 2016, I don't believe a single broadcast day has gone by without Hannity talking about "Hillary's bought and paid for dirty dossier". I get it. It's fucked up. But what happened happened, and conservatives are generally intelligent enough that they don't need to be constantly reminded of fucked up shit liberals did. Certainly we don't need to be reminded of it every fucking day for five years. Sadly, nothing will become of all of that, and whining about it won't change that fact. Isn't it time to move on to more timely topics? He'll start to go after Cuomo, which is good, but then two seconds later will be bitching about Obama.

I love good, solid criticism, but he takes good, solid criticism and whines about it in a way that few can match.

The guy's got a net worth that's just south of $40 million. It's time for him to retire...
There are two choices for you:
1' Turn off the radio
or
2. Change the station or is that too complicated for you

Many years ago I listened to Hannity, Limbaugh, Levine, Hartmann, Rhodes, Miller and all had their takes and running the spectrum of views was always interesting as you see news from all sorts of angles. It got to a point though that all of them had their own brand of hate for the "other side", now I either listen to music, sports or podcasts, none which are political. Great true crime podcasts and there are some that cover Mafia history and those subjects educate me more than any radio talk shows.

I’m good with getting rid of Hannity. However to be fair, let’s also get rid of another establishment propagandist like say, Rachel. Okay?

I would have to listen to her before saying that. I haven't listened to her in years. Just to illustrate that, when I read the name "Rachel", I immediately thought of Rachel Ray. Maddow's been off my radar for so long and to such an extent that I literally never think about her.

Maddow is still screaming about Russiagate, even with Don gone. Five years without a shred of evidence. She’s a fool and a tool of the establishment.

I can't listen to her at all, she is nauseating.

1' Turn off the radio
or

That wooshing sound you hear is my point sailing effortlessly over your pointed little head.

The point is that he's no longer serving a purpose. This guy who's the darling of the American right can't remove himself from the past. There are important issues NOW that should be addressed. That "dirty Russian dossier"? As fucked up as that whole thing was, nothing will ever be done about it. For God's sake, le it go and move onto something timely...

Do you think that the reason Sean Hannity has been coving the dossier for years and years is that Democrats have used the fake dossier for years and years to attack President Trump? I know you wish folks would just forget it and let the Democrats lie, not gonna happen.

Do you believe that the phony dossier would have ever been exposed if Sean and other Conservatives had not constantly attacked the veracity of the dossier?

No, it wouldn't have. But nothing has been done about it, and nothing's going to be done about it. So the Democrats used it to attack President Trump. So what? That does nothing to sully the opinion of many that Trump was still a successful President...

1' Turn off the radio
or

That wooshing sound you hear is my point sailing effortlessly over your pointed little head.

The point is that he's no longer serving a purpose. This guy who's the darling of the American right can't remove himself from the past. There are important issues NOW that should be addressed. That "dirty Russian dossier"? As fucked up as that whole thing was, nothing will ever be done about it. For God's sake, le it go and move onto something timely...
If you say "that he's no longer serving a purpose." why do you listen to him? Im not a fan but if he is still on there must be a lot of people that find him interesting both pro and con yet you want to silence him, Why?

Listen to something else.

My views and experience seem to be similar to yours. Conservative media has been a none stop bitchfest almost entirely focused on demonizing the left and the media. All their shows are that way... Beck, Hannity, Levin, Buck. That the line up in my area and all I hear is repetitive whining about the Left. It’s not designed to stimulate and educate, it’s cheap fear mongering and gossip drama. Pretty damn pathetic.

If you hate it so much, why listen to Conservative talk shows if you hate Conservative views? Why not change stations and listen to far-left liberal radio?

Why should Conservative talk radio change its format since it is so successful?
I don't hate it, I find it quite entertaining, it makes me laugh. I'm a natural contrarian so I prefer listening to opinions that differ from my own over listening to an echo chamber. You may be surprised to find that I actually agree with much of the policy stuff the right supports but there is so much ugly distorted partisan fluff around it, I find it very hard to actually support leaders of the party and media. They just straight up lie and provoke.

I'm also not one to tell others to change or try to cancel them. Hannity has every right to do his show. I just think it is BS and counter productive to a healthy society

Conservative media has been a none stop bitchfest almost entirely focused on demonizing the left and the media.
Isn't that what those hoping to preserve and protect America are supposed to do?
No, it’s what drama queens do. Those that want to be effective promote good ideas not focus solely on what the others are doing
haha...the thing is; the "ideas" that conservatives promote are the same ideas that built America and all things American...why and the hell should they need to sell people on ideas with such a proven path?

You could have just typed, "Because he's an ass" and been done...

Conservative media has been a none stop bitchfest almost entirely focused on demonizing the left and the media.
Isn't that what those hoping to preserve and protect America are supposed to do?
No, it’s what drama queens do. Those that want to be effective promote good ideas not focus solely on what the others are doing
haha...the thing is; the "ideas" that conservatives promote are the same ideas that built America and all things American...why and the hell should they need to sell people on ideas with such a proven path?
Well that’s your opinion Mr Narromind. This on the Left feel the same way about their ideas.

Well that’s your opinion Mr Narromind. This on the Left feel the same way about their ideas.

Hold on a minute...the Left believes they are proponents of keeping America’s founding principles / value systems and traditions in tact?
So the Left is nationalistic and patriotic, they’re fighting for America’s right to sovereignty, for our constitutional rights, namely the 1st and 2nd, they love and appreciate America’s rich history, they support and encourage the practice of Christianity, they support law and order, societal boundaries and expect Americans to meet high standards?
Well FUCKING-A....why didn’t you say so long ago?

Hold on a minute...the Left believes they are proponents of keeping America’s founding principles / value systems and traditions in tact?
So the Left is nationalistic and patriotic, they’re fighting for America’s right to sovereignty, for our constitutional rights, namely the 1st and 2nd, they love and appreciate America’s rich history, they support and encourage the practice of Christianity, they support law and order, societal boundaries and expect Americans to meet high standards?
Well FUCKING-A....why didn’t you say so long ago?
You should have just asked... I thought it was obvious

I have an old car I am working on at a friends garage. He has talk radio generally on. I can listen to Beck. I could listen to Rush. I couldn't stomach Hannity.

I liked Rush and Beck. While they were arch conservative, they had a certain wit and sarcasm that made me laugh.

Hannity is just snide and nasty
Makes me feel like I need a shower after listening
The stolen election, and its stink, will never wash off.

Forum List

Back