The founder of Rolling Stone thinks only white men are 'masters' of rock.

There have been great female pop musicians in the past few generations (e.g., Carol King, Joni Mitchell), but none who can speak intelligently about music.

For an example of someone who was never a great musician, but can speak intelligently on the subject, look at a few Rick Beato videos on YouTube.

"In an interview with The New York Times published on Friday (15 September), in which he discussed his new interview collection The Masters - Jann Wenner, the co-founder of US music publication Rolling Stone, said he didnā€™t include interviews with Black and female musicians because they are not ā€œarticulateā€ enough to be featured in his new book. The Masters features historic interviews with rock musicians such as Bono, Mick Jagger, John Lennon and Bruce Springsteen.

When asked in the Times interview how he had chosen who to feature, Wenner replied: ā€œIt was kind of intuitive over the years; it just fell together that way. The people had to meet a couple criteria, but it was just kind of my personal interest and love of them. Insofar as the women, just none of them were as articulate enough on this intellectual level.ā€ On Saturday, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame announced that Wenner has been removed from its board of directors."

What the guy said isn't wrong, but now because of these woke-mob left bullies - he is having to issue apologies...for what? Bottom line is, women and blacks are inferior , in everything....so why not music?

Women artists are not intellectually on par with white male artists, and black artists are most definitely not on par with anyone, whether they are male or female. When one listens to music, they want to listen to those who are able to philosophically expound on various deep subjects to the background of a hardcore rock track. Joni Mitchell, Marvin Gaye, Kim Carnes, Curtis Mayfield, those morons couldn't hold a candle to musical icons like Bob Dylan, Bono or Kid Rock.

There would be no rock-n-roll without people like Pat Boone or the Osmonds - yea, I know Wenner got the name for his magazine from a group who got the name for their group from some dumb darkie Blues singer named Muddy Walters; and yea, I know the whole entire genre of rock-n-roll and country got their inspiration from other darkies like Rosetta Tharpe, Robert Johnson and other dumb dumbs who have no idea what philosophy and intellectualism is.

The problem started when too many of these rock-n-rollers made the mistake of telling others they were influenced by their inferiors -- now you have these darkies thinking they invented Rock, Blues, Jazz, it's insane -- even folks like David Bowie gave into the woke ideology when he tried to question MTV about their racist exclusion of black artists in their early days......who does David Bowie think he is anyway?

Its hilarious how these backward people claim to have invented rrock.

Just compare the works of Kid Rock and Smokey Robinson if you need further proof.

I would like to see Mr Robinson put a slug through a beer can.

"In an interview with The New York Times published on Friday (15 September), in which he discussed his new interview collection The Masters - Jann Wenner, the co-founder of US music publication Rolling Stone, said he didnā€™t include interviews with Black and female musicians because they are not ā€œarticulateā€ enough to be featured in his new book. The Masters features historic interviews with rock musicians such as Bono, Mick Jagger, John Lennon and Bruce Springsteen.

When asked in the Times interview how he had chosen who to feature, Wenner replied: ā€œIt was kind of intuitive over the years; it just fell together that way. The people had to meet a couple criteria, but it was just kind of my personal interest and love of them. Insofar as the women, just none of them were as articulate enough on this intellectual level.ā€ On Saturday, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame announced that Wenner has been removed from its board of directors."

What the guy said isn't wrong, but now because of these woke-mob left bullies - he is having to issue apologies...for what? Bottom line is, women and blacks are inferior , in everything....so why not music?

Women artists are not intellectually on par with white male artists, and black artists are most definitely not on par with anyone, whether they are male or female. When one listens to music, they want to listen to those who are able to philosophically expound on various deep subjects to the background of a hardcore rock track. Joni Mitchell, Marvin Gaye, Kim Carnes, Curtis Mayfield, those morons couldn't hold a candle to musical icons like Bob Dylan, Bono or Kid Rock.

There would be no rock-n-roll without people like Pat Boone or the Osmonds - yea, I know Wenner got the name for his magazine from a group who got the name for their group from some dumb darkie Blues singer named Muddy Walters; and yea, I know the whole entire genre of rock-n-roll and country got their inspiration from other darkies like Rosetta Tharpe, Robert Johnson and other dumb dumbs who have no idea what philosophy and intellectualism is.

The problem started when too many of these rock-n-rollers made the mistake of telling others they were influenced by their inferiors -- now you have these darkies thinking they invented Rock, Blues, Jazz, it's insane -- even folks like David Bowie gave into the woke ideology when he tried to question MTV about their racist exclusion of black artists in their early days......who does David Bowie think he is anyway?

"Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read." -- Frank Zappa

Sarcasm? Rhetorical? Or are you actually asking this question? How old are you?

Rolling Stone magazine was founded by Wenner in 1967, so yes, he's very aware of those artists. This is what his experience has found. I'm not going to argue with what he has taken away from his decades in the business.
If only he was intellectually articulate enough to not steal his name from a group who got their name from one of those inferior black artists..

R-2725610-1625274658-2944.jpeg

And a black man invented peanut butter but that doesn't mean white people haven't made some awesome sandwiches.

You guys really need to stop with the stupid racist crap.
Without it, their lives would be even more mediocre -- so they must cling onto it

Too bad the sounds those black folks were able to make with those white people instruments touched souls so much

Even without those instruments......the soul in their songs remain........

ā€œThey were just crucifying him; the best composer (Paul McCartney) weā€™ve had in the past hundred years. They were saying that he had too much money and he was overweight with this horrible wife. I can imagine them saying the same thing about Beethoven in his day.ā€ Ritchie Blackmore talking about rock journalists

Jann Wenner and Rolling Stone magazine are known for its left leaning politics. He does of course know rock music and its players.
This especially is going to tick a lot of people off:
  • Wenner said that Black and female artists couldn't "articulate" at the same "level" as the white male musicians in his book.

• Rolling Stone cofounder Jann Wenner is publishing a book composed of interviews with rock "masters."
  • Those "masters," who include Bono, John Lennon, and Mick Jagger, are all white men.
  • Wenner said that Black and female artists couldn't "articulate" at the same "level" as the white male musicians in his book.

Leaving out Prince and Michael Jackson is just wrong.

At the end of the day he is entitled to his opinion.....The artists he did include are all very good artists and I GUARANTEE all of them would think his opinions about black artists are trash too

Dude, that's Tom Morello.

Rage against the machine?

Audioslave?

If you don't know who he is you ain't no Rock fan.

And as far as babymetal being a "gimmick", Rob Zombie, Rob Halford, Dave Grohl (foo fighters), Herman Li (dragon force), Michael Amott (arch enemy), and far too many more to list here not only like but have invited them on tour and even collaborated with them.

Audioslave?

And as far as babymetal being a "gimmick", Rob Zombie, Rob Halford, Dave Grohl (foo fighters), Herman Li (dragon force), Michael Amott (arch enemy), and far too many more to list here not only like but have invited them on tour and even collaborated with them.
Neither Rob Zombie nor Halford or Grohl are negroes, partly or wholly.

Audioslave?

LOL! Rage Against For the Machine, sponsored by Pfizer.

Perhaps we are thinking about this article the wrong way. The Rolling Stones guy did say that whites are the MASTERS of rock. It is acknowledged that rock and roll evolved from black blues artists. Hell, Elvis was only lynched for being black!! But, it evolved. Then it evolved some more. Eventually, there were MASTERS. The Rolling Stones guy is saying that all the MASTERS are white. Is he right?

When I think about this, maybe he is. My favorite "rock" bands are Type O Negative, Meshuggah, Opeth, and Morbid Angel. It is all metal stuff, to be sure. These are titans of their genres. Not a negro among them. Maybe there is negro blood in one or two of them, who knows. It does not matter. The bands are predominately white.

Some of you are splitting hairs with the whole, "Oh, this band's guitar play has a 1/10 percentage of negro in him, so the Rolling Stone guy is full of shit." This entirely misses the point. We are all made up of different ethnicities. I hail from Appalachian Scottish hillbilly, though my tribe probably poked some negroes along the way. What degree should there be in order to be called black? Slash from GNR, for example: I understand that he is one-half negro. What it, for example, he was high yellow? Would that count a negro for the purpose of supporting a stupid argument that blacks still stand today among the masters of rock?

First off, this entire argument is insanely STUPID. We do not need to have a discussion/debate about race in rock and roll. The fag at Rolling Stone voiced his opinion. Whatever. The pissant hair splitting fags here want to have a pissing contest because on degree of blackness of band members. This is perhaps even MORE stupid. Why don't you just leave race the fuck alone and enjoy the music you prefer? A-holes!

Neither Rob Zombie nor Halford or Grohl are negroes, partly or wholly.
I never claimed they were. You claimed it was a gimmick, and nobody listened to them.

I proved you wrong.

You said no-one knew who the guitar player was, I proved you wrong.

Now you're trying to confuse the issue, but you are, once again, wrong.

I never claimed they were. You claimed it was a gimmick, and nobody listened to them.

I proved you wrong.

You said no-one knew who the guitar player was, I proved you wrong.

Now you're trying to confuse the issue, but you are, once again, wrong.
I claimed that Baby Metal is a gimmick. Do you have some sort of problem whereby you cannot pay attention? The only thing you have proven is that you have a malfunction.

I claimed that Baby Metal is a gimmick. Do you have some sort of problem whereby you cannot pay attention? The only thing you have proven is that you have a malfunction.
Well, you've just proven you have a very selective memory and can't even read your own posts.

Either that or you're lying your ass off.

Again.

So he never heard of Jimi Hendrix? Chuck Berry? Muddy Water?

Prince?
Not trying defend Wenner here. But is he saying that Black's can't speak as well as white artists? Meaning that interviews with Black artists didn't provide content for the book whereas whites were able to contribute more verbally and expressively?

This doesn't mean that Black's haven't contributed to the evolution of music throughout American history.

Jann Wenner and Rolling Stone magazine are known for its left leaning politics. He does of course know rock music and its players.
This especially is going to tick a lot of people off:

• Rolling Stone cofounder Jann Wenner is publishing a book composed of interviews with rock "masters."
  • Those "masters," who include Bono, John Lennon, and Mick Jagger, are all white men.

well, for a long time we have heard that Blacks are better at basketball .. No one called that racist

But it does sound racist, either to saythat Blacks are always good at basketball or that Whites are good @ rock music.

Case in point: Jimi Hendrix

BTW, did you people know that Hendrix was once in dire poverty, was literally living on the streets... chasing rats away who tried to eat his food..

So... all homeless people are not worthless... just saying

Forum List

Back