Why ??? Fast food is so iffy...

beagle9

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2011
Why is it that fast food resteraunts are becoming notorious for not getting your order right or rather they are bad for leaving your order then missing parts of it, otherwise once you get the bag in your possession ???

It's almost to the point that it is so bad that it seems on purpose... Anyone willing to whistleblow from the inside out on what the heck is going on in the super wealthy industry ???

Are they woke, and their staff is attempting to exact revenge on customer's they might figure are anti-woke ??? LOL... It just happens so much that it doesn't seem accidental anymore.

Is it generational change, where as we have young folk's that just don't give a dam about doing the Best job that they can do, otherwise since given the chance to work a job instead of being a POCrap on their way to the slammer or worse dead from drug overdose??????

Do they want industry to eliminate their jobs ????

Why doesn't industry have better oversight of their services, otherwise in order to correct problem's before they become abusive and entrenched ??

Did we screw ourselves royally as American's, otherwise when we let corporation's destroy our local mom and pop industries ?

Hire young people part-time for min. wage and they know they can get the same job tomorrow with a competitor and this is the end result.

If you want better service, it comes at a price, not fast food. That's the deal. "You get what you pay for" was never more true than when speaking of fast food.

Last edited:
Fast food places have a terrible employee turnover rate. Young people have a problem doing such work. I think it's a general lack of character development, vision, planning, motivation, training, etc.

I haven't noticed they're any better or worse than they always have been. When I was young, I worked in fast food a lot. Just about all my coworkers were very young too. We generally got the job done, but we sure weren't perfect.

I haven't noticed they're any better or worse than they always have been. When I was young, I worked in fast food a lot. Just about all my coworkers were very young too. We generally got the job done, but we sure weren't perfect.
I just wish they would put the sauce in the middle of the sandwich. How hard can that be?

Hire young people part-time for min. wage and they know they can get the same job tomorrow with a competitor and this is the end result.

If you want better service, it comes at a price, not fast food. That's the deal. "You get what you pay for" was never more true than when speaking of fast food.
Yeah, but seems I remember a time when if you got a job back in my youth, you were proud to have a job, and you considered yourself an adult that is being entrusted by your employer to do a great job to the best of one's ability.

We worked in the fields back in the day, and we worked hard. Farm's weren't a place for the weak and frail in life. Construction was next, and we learned skills in that industry, and we done the best job we could do in that industry. A lot of times we held two job's, and again we done the best job we could no matter what the challenges were.

To many excuses are made for this generation, and it's masking the overall problem's that will ultimately be carried on into the future making things worse and worse. An organized and properly run company limits or places company inefficiency and waste at the lowest levels possible, while inturn maximizing profits.

I think a lot of the bull crap is caused by woke/political correctness, and hand slapping when firing should be the order of the day. It's the only way to tighten everything back up to a much better situation for all, and to ensure a better future if we even have a future left.

The local KFC is notorious for fucking-up drive-thru orders. The rest seem OK.
That's funny, because that's exactly where I went today.... McDonald's has their bull crap going also.

I remember when there wasn't corporate fast food, and local mom and pops were no where near the issue we get now with all the bull crap, so I do miss the olden days.

Most young workers cant even make change without the computer telling them what to do
Most people can't remember anyone's phone numbers or rather they don't remember due to smart phone's dumbing them down (me included). If I was stranded, phone dead, and someone walked up with their smart phone, heck I still couldn't call anyone because I wouldn't know the number if not looking at my contacts.. ROTFLMBO 🤣

I'm starting to believe this is right.
Mickey D's is one of the leaders in this effort. I don't go there anymore either. Their rotating menu is difficult to read and figure out what their prices are and I don't use a cell phone and won't use a kiosk. Costco has gone the same way with orders at hot dog/pizza area. Its too bad because some of us prefer to talk to actual humans when making purchases and we are being disregarded. Meh, their loss. I prefer mom and pops whenever I get the opportunity.

Mickey D's is one of the leaders in this effort. I don't go there anymore either. Their rotating menu is difficult to read and figure out what their prices are and I don't use a cell phone and won't use a kiosk. Costco has gone the same way with orders at hot dog/pizza area. Its too bad because some of us prefer to talk to actual humans when making purchases and we are being disregarded. Meh, their loss. I prefer mom and pops whenever I get the opportunity.
Might be my age now, but me too.

Why is it that fast food resteraunts are becoming notorious for not getting your order right or rather they are bad for leaving your order then missing parts of it, otherwise once you get the bag in your possession ???

It's almost to the point that it is so bad that it seems on purpose... Anyone willing to whistleblow from the inside out on what the heck is going on in the super wealthy industry ???

Are they woke, and their staff is attempting to exact revenge on customer's they might figure are anti-woke ??? LOL... It just happens so much that it doesn't seem accidental anymore.

Is it generational change, where as we have young folk's that just don't give a dam about doing the Best job that they can do, otherwise since given the chance to work a job instead of being a POCrap on their way to the slammer or worse dead from drug overdose??????

Do they want industry to eliminate their jobs ????

Why doesn't industry have better oversight of their services, otherwise in order to correct problem's before they become abusive and entrenched ??

Did we screw ourselves royally as American's, otherwise when we let corporation's destroy our local mom and pop industries ?
We only patronize it maybe one or two times a month for breakfast, if that as we try to usually eat healthy, but our McDonalds close to our place is absolutely excellent. Fastidiously clean, accurate, efficient, fast, and provides friendly pleasant customer service. And they do a booming business and did so even during COVID. That speaks to excellent management. Those who provide shoddy service, no people skills etc. speak to shoddy management.

Yeah, but seems I remember a time when if you got a job back in my youth, you were proud to have a job, and you considered yourself an adult that is being entrusted by your employer to do a great job to the best of one's ability.

We worked in the fields back in the day, and we worked hard. Farm's weren't a place for the weak and frail in life. Construction was next, and we learned skills in that industry, and we done the best job we could do in that industry. A lot of times we held two job's, and again we done the best job we could no matter what the challenges were.

To many excuses are made for this generation, and it's masking the overall problem's that will ultimately be carried on into the future making things worse and worse. An organized and properly run company limits or places company inefficiency and waste at the lowest levels possible, while inturn maximizing profits.

I think a lot of the bull crap is caused by woke/political correctness, and hand slapping when firing should be the order of the day. It's the only way to tighten everything back up to a much better situation for all, and to ensure a better future if we even have a future left.
You are right about work ethic. I used to deliver THREE paper routes as a kid in grade school, outsourced collections for one of them lol. I also slugged through many difficult jobs as a teen. Built the trust of management and was loyal (even taking the blame for a mistake my manager was responsible for as the district boss demanded to know who directed me to make a certain decision and I lied and said "I did, thought it might be a good idea". He knew I was feeding bs to him to protect my boss and save his job because I am not and will never be a rat). That said, I also remember working at a mall, my friends outside telling me "come on man" and rushing my duties to the point my boss said "you want to go home early, ok, go ahead" and he never called me back to work. Live and learn. I'm not sure all of this generation will learn about work ethic and honest work for pay but many of them will certainly.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back