Why don’t republicans seem to understand the consequences of tax cuts?

Revenue increases...but debt increases more

Tax cuts never pay for themselves
Wrong. I will concede that they don't always pay for themselves, but often they do. Trump's tax cut paid for itself because it made it worthwhile for American corporations with overseas operations to bring their profits back to America. This meant trillions of dollars in foreign investment could now be taxed.

Last edited:
Wrong. I will concede that they don't always pay for themselves, but often they do. Trump's tax cut paid for itself because it made it worthwhile for American corporations with overseas operations to bring their capital back from America. This meant trillions of dollars in foreign investment could now be taxed.
but often they do.

Not since JFK

Trump's tax cut paid for itself because it made it worthwhile for American corporations with overseas operations to bring their capital back from America

Not even close.

Wrong. I will concede that they don't always pay for themselves, but often they do. Trump's tax cut paid for itself because it made it worthwhile for American corporations with overseas operations to bring their capital back from America. This meant trillions of dollars in foreign investment could now be taxed.
Save us your fantasies...unless you can prove them

Save us your fantasies...unless you can prove them
Bri called Dr. Bradford DeLong, professor of economics at Berkeley, a "nobody".

The he cited a nobody, scribbling for the Washington Examiner, who quoted 2 nobodies insisting the US is in a recession.

Bri is a 19 ply moran.

Jesus. Two quarters of negative GDP growth is ONE indicator of recession.

And GDP jumped right back up genius.

If that was a recession (it wasn’t) , it was the shortest and shallowest on record

Forum List

Back