Why does your religion condemn people?

Who knows why it all happens. All I know is that everything works for good even the stuff I don't like or don't understand.
So you believe in something that you don't understand. Sounds about right. :lol:
Yes because I have tested it.

You believe in reincarnation and you don't understand it or have tested it.
No, I think that re-incarnation is a major possibility, I don't believe blindly like you do.
You sure sound like you do.
I don't, I said it's a "possibility". So you don't dispute that you believe blindly, good for you.
I pretty much dispute everything you say. You should probably take it as a given from here on out.

I doubt you even believe you have a soul which means you probably don't.

So you are saying that God can't exist if these things exist?
I'm asking why a god would make deformed babies, cancer...?

Why wouldn't He?

You say this as though a) people have no value unless they're perfect and free of all unpleasantness in life, and b) the existence of God must require that life be a never-ending day at the beach.
Let's face it, some deformed people are so badly deformed/retarded... that it seems like a punishment of some sort.

Note the word "seems". Perception is not reality. Just because YOU see something as "bad" or a "punishment" because of your emotions coloring your view, doesn't mean it actually IS. A thunderstorm that is a "bad" thing to me because it prevents me from taking my kid to the park is a "good" thing to a farmer whose crops need the water, and a completely neutral it-just-exists thing to the world in general.

The reality is that the human body is designed to be fallible, to have a shelf life. It is designed to be ultimately disposable. It is also an immensely complex mechanism with a lot of moving parts and systems. With all of that in mind, it isn't at all surprising that sometimes, the things that can go wrong with it do so right from the outset.

Furthermore, temporal pleasure and enjoyment are not even remotely the purpose of this entire endeavor. Humans are also not designed mentally and spiritually to function well without stress and conflict and challenge. Come to that, we're not even designed PHYSICALLY to function well without those things (look at what happens to someone who sits on a comfy couch, happily eating his favorite potato chips, without ever exercising and getting sweaty). As much as we don't enjoy it a certain amount of suffering is built into the formula as a necessity.
So you wouldn't mind being so retarded and deformed that you can't move so you crap in your pants all day and suffer pain 24/7? Ya, right. Now tell me some more fartsmoke.

Would I mind? Of course. Would I consider it proof there was no God, because God MUST = perfect, problem-free existence? No. Are you a childish simpleton? Absolutely.

Why wouldn't He?

You say this as though a) people have no value unless they're perfect and free of all unpleasantness in life, and b) the existence of God must require that life be a never-ending day at the beach.
Let's face it, some deformed people are so badly deformed/retarded... that it seems like a punishment of some sort.

Note the word "seems". Perception is not reality. Just because YOU see something as "bad" or a "punishment" because of your emotions coloring your view, doesn't mean it actually IS. A thunderstorm that is a "bad" thing to me because it prevents me from taking my kid to the park is a "good" thing to a farmer whose crops need the water, and a completely neutral it-just-exists thing to the world in general.

The reality is that the human body is designed to be fallible, to have a shelf life. It is designed to be ultimately disposable. It is also an immensely complex mechanism with a lot of moving parts and systems. With all of that in mind, it isn't at all surprising that sometimes, the things that can go wrong with it do so right from the outset.

Furthermore, temporal pleasure and enjoyment are not even remotely the purpose of this entire endeavor. Humans are also not designed mentally and spiritually to function well without stress and conflict and challenge. Come to that, we're not even designed PHYSICALLY to function well without those things (look at what happens to someone who sits on a comfy couch, happily eating his favorite potato chips, without ever exercising and getting sweaty). As much as we don't enjoy it a certain amount of suffering is built into the formula as a necessity.
So you wouldn't mind being so retarded and deformed that you can't move so you crap in your pants all day and suffer pain 24/7? Ya, right. Now tell me some more fartsmoke.

Would I mind? Of course. Would I consider it proof there was no God, because God MUST = perfect, problem-free existence? No. Are you a childish simpleton? Absolutely.
I never said that it was proof there is no god, but was asking why your god would make those people?

So you believe in something that you don't understand. Sounds about right. :lol:
Yes because I have tested it.

You believe in reincarnation and you don't understand it or have tested it.
No, I think that re-incarnation is a major possibility, I don't believe blindly like you do.
You sure sound like you do.
I don't, I said it's a "possibility". So you don't dispute that you believe blindly, good for you.
I pretty much dispute everything you say. You should probably take it as a given from here on out.

I doubt you even believe you have a soul which means you probably don't.
So human can be soul-less? You making this shit up as you go along? :lol:

It's my way of saying no one knows or can know, Taz. We may have an idea or an inkling of an idea, but that's all it is. What we can know though is that everything works for good. Even the stuff you don't like.
So a deformed and retarded child suffering pain 24/7 is for good? How so?
He or she existed. Who knows what good came from that except God?
MASSIVE COP-OUT ALERT!!!!!!
Not at all. I am saying some good does come from existing. I don't need to know what it was to know that it existed. That I don't know exactly what it is doesn't mean anything. The people in their life knows what good came out of it.
Total bullshit, there was the case of one father whose daughter was severely deformed and in constant pain so much that he felt that he had to kill her to end her suffering. Ya, lot of good.

Which just tells us that HE was brainwashed to shallow, destructive mindsets. Congratulations on creating a society that countenances killing your own children "for their own good".

What a "moral" victory for your worldview.

So you are saying that you would have preferred to never exist?
Your soul could simply use another body. Like when re-incarnated.
I'm not discussing a soul. Are you wanting to change the subject?
No, you made this statement "So you are saying that you would have preferred to never exist?" I'm saying that we likely exist over and over again, so tossing a deformed body is no biggie, we just move on to the next body.

Pretty sure that there is no belief system that embraces reincarnation and includes the notion that our lives and our bodies are disposable and meaningless, to be tossed away the first time everything's not a trip to Disneyland.

So a deformed and retarded child suffering pain 24/7 is for good? How so?
Not at all. I am saying some good does come from existing. I don't need to know what it was to know that it existed. That I don't know exactly what it is doesn't mean anything. The people in their life knows what good came out of it.
Total bullshit, there was the case of one father whose daughter was severely deformed and in constant pain so much that he felt that he had to kill her to end her suffering. Ya, lot of good.

Which just tells us that HE was brainwashed to shallow, destructive mindsets. Congratulations on creating a society that countenances killing your own children "for their own good".

What a "moral" victory for your worldview.
And you want to keep people alive and suffering as long as possible. You're a crazy old beotch. :lol:

Not total bullshit. Before he made that choice he loved her so much that he suffered for her. Ask him if he thought no good came from her life, Taz, because you don't know that.
He killed his own daughter, so I'm guessing that not much good was there to save.

I'm guessing he was so inculcated into your shallow, selfish mindset that he didn't notice, and thus destroyed, anything good.

So you are saying that you would have preferred to never exist?
Your soul could simply use another body. Like when re-incarnated.
I'm not discussing a soul. Are you wanting to change the subject?
No, you made this statement "So you are saying that you would have preferred to never exist?" I'm saying that we likely exist over and over again, so tossing a deformed body is no biggie, we just move on to the next body.

Pretty sure that there is no belief system that embraces reincarnation and includes the notion that our lives and our bodies are disposable and meaningless, to be tossed away the first time everything's not a trip to Disneyland.
Doesn't really matter what humans believe, it is what it is. And as a belief system, it's just as plausible as other explanations.

Not total bullshit. Before he made that choice he loved her so much that he suffered for her. Ask him if he thought no good came from her life, Taz, because you don't know that.
He killed his own daughter, so I'm guessing that not much good was there to save.

I'm guessing he was so inculcated into your shallow, selfish mindset that he didn't notice, and thus destroyed, anything good.
In the real world, I don't see any good about such deformities and pain... But I guess your invisible buddy must have a reason for good, right? :cuckoo:

Why is that likely?
A lot of people have experiences that suggest they have lived a past life. Google it and you'll find plenty.

A lot of people have experiences which suggest they have encountered God, but I'm betting you don't view THOSE as proof of anything.

Why is that likely?
A lot of people have experiences that suggest they have lived a past life. Google it and you'll find plenty.

A lot of people have experiences which suggest they have encountered God, but I'm betting you don't view THOSE as proof of anything.
I'm talking about tangible things, like little kids being able to describe a neighbourhood and everyone in it, when they've never been there. Being able to do math at 2, or play an instrument perfectly at a very young age are tangible things that might be pointing to re-incarnation. What do you have on your god side? Hallucinations? Anything concrete?

It's not dumb at all. It is natural.
Naturally dumb.
Only to people who don't see how life is good.
Another statement that has no bearing on anything. You tie them all together and you still have nothing. :lol:
Not in the slightest. Only someone who believes that some lives aren't worth living would actually believe that some lives produced no goodness.
There's no goodness in a deformed child in constant pain. To think that a god made such a child because there is goodness in that is simply ludicrous.

To think that "God deliberately made it this way" is simply childish and ignorant. But then, so is "bad things in a life means there's no goodness or value".

If you really believe that suffering negates any possibility of having a meaningful life which adds to the world, then you must actually, literally be the stupidest excuse for a hominid I have ever encountered.

Why does god even make stupid? And deformed? And cancer? ...

So that he can fix it. God makes stupid so that he can turn it into intelligence. He makes cancer so that he can heal it. In Romans 11:32 God makes us unbelievers so that he can have mercy on us and make us believers.

Such is the way of God.
Ok, so what about the severely deformed kids who don't get better? Or the cancers that kill people? Or the stupid or retarded people that stay stupid/retarded?
So you are saying that God can't exist if these things exist?

Because God wanted those things to exist. He wanted cancer to thrive in children. God wanted babies to be born deformed. He was creating " The Need" for Christ to come to earth.

Okay, now Taz has a competitor for the title of "Most ignorant excuse for a hominid".

Naturally dumb.
Another statement that has no bearing on anything. You tie them all together and you still have nothing. :lol:
Not in the slightest. Only someone who believes that some lives aren't worth living would actually believe that some lives produced no goodness.
There's no goodness in a deformed child in constant pain. To think that a god made such a child because there is goodness in that is simply ludicrous.
Now you have taken your extreme example to them being in constant pain?

I thought we settled this. I thought I explained to you that their being born brought goodness into the lives of others. Didn't you even say you understood what I was getting at?

Taz is incapable of seeing anything beyond the end of his own nose. If HE'S not personally enjoying every moment of his existence, nothing else exists or matters. He's never brought meaning or value into the lives of anyone around him, and cannot possibly understand why doing so would matter. He HAS to believe he gets a do-over (reincarnation), because when he dies, the entire world will forget he ever existed within five minutes.

Naturally dumb.

To think that "God deliberately made it this way" is simply childish and ignorant. But then, so is "bad things in a life means there's no goodness or value".

If you really believe that suffering negates any possibility of having a meaningful life which adds to the world, then you must actually, literally be the stupidest excuse for a hominid I have ever encountered.
I'm asking why a god would make deformed children... This seems to upset you. Is it because you can't find a suitable answer? And if I'm the stupidest, are you stupidester? :biggrin:

Now you have taken your extreme example to them being in constant pain?

I thought we settled this. I thought I explained to you that their being born brought goodness into the lives of others. Didn't you even say you understood what I was getting at?
It bring no good to anyone. Your god brings pain and suffering on children, if not for good, then why?

Every life can bring good to the world, and most do. The fact that YOU don't see it is a reflection of the deficiency of YOU, not a deficiency in the world or God.

Why is that likely?

I'm talking about tangible things, like little kids being able to describe a neighbourhood and everyone in it, when they've never been there. Being able to do math at 2, or play an instrument perfectly at a very young age are tangible things that might be pointing to re-incarnation. What do you have on your god side? Hallucinations? Anything concrete?

No, you're not. You're talking about whatever you think validates your worldview at the moment. IF you think strict materialism will do it, then suddenly nothing exists but the material. Then you decide reincarnation validates you being a self-absorbed waste of oxygen, and you flip on a dime and start rambling about past lives.

The truth of the matter is, whatever comes blibbering out of your cakehole is nothing more or less than "I believe the sun shines out of my asshole, and nothing exists outside of me".

I'm asking why a god would make deformed children... This seems to upset you. Is it because you can't find a suitable answer? And if I'm the stupidest, are you stupidester? :biggrin:

Stupid always upsets me. If you had any awareness of the world outside of your own skin, you'd already be aware of that. I have no patience whatsoever with people who want to project their own shortsighted, arrogant navel-gazing onto the universe at large.

FYI, the fact that you don't listen to what other people say does not mean they aren't saying anything.

Why is that likely?

Can any of them recite their old social security number?

Forum List

Back