Why does God hide himself?

If that were the case then He would not have given us a way to know when we were doing good or rationalizing that we were when we weren't. Trust me, He cares. You just don't understand how it works.
You don't know anything pertaining to god. You have beliefs. Beliefs do not become facts simply because you want them to be. So no, I can't trust you.

Humans are more cunning than animals, that's why we are capable of doing evil. If dogs were smarter they would be just as screwed up.
So then you don't believe God cares about us?
I have no idea.
Ok, fair enough. Let's approach this from an angle you do have an idea about. How would I know that your parents cared for you or you cared for your children? What kind of things could I observe that would allow me to believe that about them and you?
You wouldn't know, that's the point. If I told you all about them you would only know what I said. Could be true, maybe not.

Well I figured you were Jew and therefore you have 34 centuries of corruption since the time Moses (Moshe) wrote his Torah.

So just read it in plain Hebrew and don't change what it says.
Why would I possibly mangle God's Blueprint of creation the way Christians mangled The Torah and TNT?
So the world was made in six days?
6 cycles of Erev (confusion) and Boker (clarity)...whatever that means.
There was no sun until day 4 so we definitely don't know the duration of Erev and Boker for the first 3 days.
So you're allergic to science? :D
So you're allegic to reading what I posted?
What does it mean? Is it English? :dunno:

Ok, fair enough. Let's approach this from an angle you do have an idea about. How would I know that your parents cared for you or you cared for your children? What kind of things could I observe that would allow me to believe that about them and you?
FALSE PREMISE ALERT!
Not everyone turns out the same way even in the same family, let alone across a whole population. Please try again.

Why would I possibly mangle God's Blueprint of creation the way Christians mangled The Torah and TNT?
There was no sun until day 4 so we definitely don't know the duration of Erev and Boker for the first 3 days.
God did not dictate the Torah to Moshe in English.

But I want to look into some biblical reasons as to " Why" God actually does this.
Camouflage is the first tactic of survival...float like a butterfly sting like a bee...your fist can't hit what your eyes can't see

You cannot see God the same way your eyes cannot see themselves other than as a reflection on some surface ......
'God' couldn't 'hide'.
Human perception only functions by contrasts. If 'God' is all and everywhere (as 'God' would have to be), then 'God' is all we see any time. 'God' is, therefore, not 'seen' as separate. 'God', if 'God' exists, would thus be invisible.
Of course, if 'God' does not exist, 'God' is not visible.

If that were the case then He would not have given us a way to know when we were doing good or rationalizing that we were when we weren't. Trust me, He cares. You just don't understand how it works.
You don't know anything pertaining to god. You have beliefs. Beliefs do not become facts simply because you want them to be. So no, I can't trust you.

Humans are more cunning than animals, that's why we are capable of doing evil. If dogs were smarter they would be just as screwed up.
I have no idea.

I think that you are quite a long way down the road to finding out.
How so? Only in death will you know, if you can even know. Otherwise it is guesswork/wishful thinking.

I disagree. You demonstrate having an open mind and humility foundational to life.

Whoever told you that no one can know till after physical death introduced into your mind like malware a false teaching that blinds you to the openly expressed teaching that the very purpose for God communicating with people through messengers was that they would come to know he who truly is God while they are still alive.

I have no idea.
You wouldn't know, that's the point. If I told you all about them you would only know what I said. Could be true, maybe not.
What does that have to do with anything? If being proven right is the goal? Sure. But you can always look to examples in your own life as a reference to the question. You can do that. So how would I know that your parents cared for you or you cared for your children? What kind of things could I observe that would allow me to believe that about them and you?

Last edited:
I really don't know God that well , of course I would like to; but I have no need to pretend that I know God ; I mean God would want me to be honest about knowing him. Notice Isaiah 45:15, " Truly you are a God that hides himself; O God of Israel , the Saviour." Why would God hide himself?

Notice Job 36:26 " Behold , God is Great , and we know him not! Neither can the number of his years be searched out." Many believers in God like to claim that they know him , but his word says that we don't. They have been trained to" Assume they know God", and their pride has been swelled so much, they lack the humility to admit they do not know God.

God is Great, and we know him not! Most believers will simply ignore this teaching in the word of God. God is indeed Great, he must be! I think its unusual that God hides himself from , I think , all humans! There are no exceptions, unless God makes the exception.

But I want to look into some biblical reasons as to " Why" God actually does this.

I would think that God "hides" himself because of you.

I show the following video to people and they get different things from it. I see God in the video, and not in the sense of peredolia, i.e. seeing faces in objects. If you're sincere, then follow the instructions at the end.

I have no idea.
What does that have to do with anything? If being proven right is the goal? Sure. But you can always look to examples in your own life as a reference to the question. You can do that. So how would I know that your parents cared for you or you cared for your children? What kind of things could I observe that would allow me to believe that about them and you?
I answered your question accurately. You are disinterested in accurate answers? When did I say anything about being proven right? I said the opposite, you can't prove it one way or another. All you will ever have in this life is your belief.

I have no idea.

I think that you are quite a long way down the road to finding out.
How so? Only in death will you know, if you can even know. Otherwise it is guesswork/wishful thinking.

I disagree. You demonstrate having an open mind and humility foundational to life.

Whoever told you that no one can know till after physical death introduced into your mind like malware a false teaching that blinds you to the openly expressed teaching that the very purpose for God communicating with people through messengers was that they would come to know he who truly is God while they are still alive.
Who told you that? What I said is truthful, you only have beliefs. The same god gives everyone a different answer? That makes no sense. You'd have to believe only you have accurately received god's message.

How do you know that it was god?

Because He doesn't want your money.

I have no idea.
I answered your question accurately. You are disinterested in accurate answers? When did I say anything about being proven right? I said the opposite, you can't prove it one way or another. All you will ever have in this life is your belief.
But you didn't answer the question. You dodged the question.

I have no idea.
I didn't dodge any question. You can't read. You asked an idiotic question that I answered anyway. Telling you about my parents means nothing. You said to trust you that God cares and you never explained why I should.

Because He doesn't want your money.
Everybody on Earth wants your money --

- Jewish rabbi's

- Protestant ministers

- Catholic priests

- Eastern Orthodox priests

- Mormon bishops

- Cult leaders

- the IRS

- the State capitol

- City Hall.

I didn't dodge any question. You can't read. You asked an idiotic question that I answered anyway. Telling you about my parents means nothing. You said to trust you that God cares and you never explained why I should.
If you had answered it you would have explained ways in which you showed your love to your children of your parents showed their love to you.

If you had answered it you would have explained ways in which you showed your love to your children of your parents showed their love to you.
You have to be on dope. I said numerous times that it tells you nothing about the truth of the matter, only that I said it.

You have to be on dope. I said numerous times that it tells you nothing about the truth of the matter, only that I said it.
I disagree, it will show you exactly why your God is a loving, caring and a personal God.

I disagree, it will show you exactly why your God is a loving, caring and a personal God.
Like I said, you are on dope. You have to have faith to believe in stories. You can't differentiate between facts and faith.

Forum List

Back