Zone1 Why Does God Allow Us to Suffer?

Every piece of gold and silver on the planet was put here for mankind which was created by God.

Mankind falls into many snares, not just the rich.
The Word says it is the rich who fall into many snares

Think about it: they have so much money, they can just do anything they want

until they can't (death) and then separating from all they have is... well, like Hell.

The Word says it is the rich who fall into many snares

Think about it: they have so much money, they can just do anything they want

until they can't (death) and then separating from all they have is... well, like Hell.

Were any of God's people in the Bible rich?!?

I understand what it says about the rich and the eye of a needle. I totally get it.

But to take those scriptures and use them to say God doesn't want Christians to have money is twisting the scripture.

Matthew 19:24 Context​

21Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. 22But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions. 23Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. 24And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. 25When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? 26But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible. 27Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore?

Top 10 Richest Biblical Figures - Greatest 10

1. King Solomon:
King Solomon, known for his unparalleled wisdom, also boasted tremendous wealth. His riches included gold, silver, precious stones, and an enormous harem. Solomon’s wealth allowed him to erect the magnificent Temple in Jerusalem, showcasing his affluence and power.

2. Job:
Despite experiencing immense hardship, Job was one of the richest men of his time. His vast herds, extensive land, and numerous servants contributed to his opulence. Job’s wealth served as a test of his faith and resilience.

3. Abraham:
Abraham, the father of many nations, was blessed with great wealth by God. His livestock, silver, gold, and possessions made him a prosperous nomad and a highly respected figure within his community.

4. Joseph:
Although initially sold into slavery, Joseph’s rise to power in Egypt saw him accumulating vast riches. As Pharaoh’s trusted advisor, he oversaw grain storage during a period of famine, ensuring economic prosperity for the kingdom.

5. King David:
Before ascending to the throne, David lived as a wealthy fugitive, accumulating wealth through battles and alliances. As king, he expanded Israel’s territory, adding to his riches and establishing a foundation for the construction of the Temple.

6. Solomon’s Queen of Sheba:
The Queen of Sheba visited King Solomon, offering him lavish gifts of gold, spices, and precious stones. The encounter between them is renowned for its display of wealth and wisdom.

7. Zacchaeus:
Zacchaeus, a tax collector, possessed considerable wealth due to the corrupt practices prevalent during his time. However, his encounter with Jesus led to a transformative change, with Zacchaeus choosing to give his wealth to the poor.

8. Barnabas:
Barnabas, a companion of the Apostle Paul, demonstrated remarkable generosity by selling his land and donating the proceeds to aid the early Christian community. His selflessness highlights the significance of sharing wealth for the greater good.

9. Lydia:
Lydia, a successful businesswoman, traded in purple cloth, a luxury product highly sought after in antiquity. Alongside her material wealth, Lydia welcomed Paul and his companions into her home, exemplifying kindness and hospitality.

10. Solomon’s Father, King David:
King David, despite experiencing periods of financial strain, amassed significant wealth and treasures. His preparations for the construction of the Temple emphasized his commitment to honoring God through material offerings.

Were any of God's people in the Bible rich?!?

I understand what it says about the rich and the eye of a needle. I totally get it.

But to take those scriptures and use them to say God doesn't want Christians to have money is twisting the scripture.

Matthew 19:24 Context​

21Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. 22But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions. 23Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. 24And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. 25When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? 26But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible. 27Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore?

Top 10 Richest Biblical Figures - Greatest 10

1. King Solomon:
King Solomon, known for his unparalleled wisdom, also boasted tremendous wealth. His riches included gold, silver, precious stones, and an enormous harem. Solomon’s wealth allowed him to erect the magnificent Temple in Jerusalem, showcasing his affluence and power.

2. Job:
Despite experiencing immense hardship, Job was one of the richest men of his time. His vast herds, extensive land, and numerous servants contributed to his opulence. Job’s wealth served as a test of his faith and resilience.

3. Abraham:
Abraham, the father of many nations, was blessed with great wealth by God. His livestock, silver, gold, and possessions made him a prosperous nomad and a highly respected figure within his community.

4. Joseph:
Although initially sold into slavery, Joseph’s rise to power in Egypt saw him accumulating vast riches. As Pharaoh’s trusted advisor, he oversaw grain storage during a period of famine, ensuring economic prosperity for the kingdom.

5. King David:
Before ascending to the throne, David lived as a wealthy fugitive, accumulating wealth through battles and alliances. As king, he expanded Israel’s territory, adding to his riches and establishing a foundation for the construction of the Temple.

6. Solomon’s Queen of Sheba:
The Queen of Sheba visited King Solomon, offering him lavish gifts of gold, spices, and precious stones. The encounter between them is renowned for its display of wealth and wisdom.

7. Zacchaeus:
Zacchaeus, a tax collector, possessed considerable wealth due to the corrupt practices prevalent during his time. However, his encounter with Jesus led to a transformative change, with Zacchaeus choosing to give his wealth to the poor.

8. Barnabas:
Barnabas, a companion of the Apostle Paul, demonstrated remarkable generosity by selling his land and donating the proceeds to aid the early Christian community. His selflessness highlights the significance of sharing wealth for the greater good.

9. Lydia:
Lydia, a successful businesswoman, traded in purple cloth, a luxury product highly sought after in antiquity. Alongside her material wealth, Lydia welcomed Paul and his companions into her home, exemplifying kindness and hospitality.

10. Solomon’s Father, King David:
King David, despite experiencing periods of financial strain, amassed significant wealth and treasures. His preparations for the construction of the Temple emphasized his commitment to honoring God through material offerings.
well, those people got wealthy through God -- that is one thing

I don't like heretical "preachers" making huge sums of money off gullible people who live in poverty

so there's that. And plenty of today's preachers fall into that category.

My fiancee and I currently feel abandoned by God with some real life struggles and are currently feeling miserable about it.

We're both wondering if He loves us so much then why does it currently seem like He's ignoring our prayers and allowing us to suffer without getting any answers whether they be yes or no? Just some kind of acknowledgement at least that He's listening.

I thought that Jesus was supposed to answer when you called on His name, but I called for Him until I was blue in the face last night and still nothing. 😞
There was a popular 1977 movie called "Oh, God!" with George Burns playing God. There was some bad theology in the movie but also some very good subtle teachings for those with ears to hear.

There can be no up if there is no down.
There can be no in if there is no out.

Bottom line, God could not give us free will and capacity to experience and know love, goodness, caring, gratitude without allowing the possibility, okay inevitability, of sin. Sin is bad. It harms those who commit it and/or it harms the innocent even unto subsequent generations. That's why God is against it.

The bad things we experience may or may not be due to the choices we make. They can be due to the choices others make and we get caught in the jet wash so to speak. Or they may be a culmination of all the sins of commission and omission committed by humankind who lived before us.

But God also assures us that life on this Earth is fleeting in the grand scheme of things, and our suffering now is temporary. He never promised any of us a rose garden but He assures us He will see us through whatever suffering or bad things we must endure. As we pass through the bad and emerge on the other side we feel blessed. Or if we are unable to pass through it, we can be assured that it will all be behind us in Heaven.

Our choice is simple. Like Job, we can choose to curse God and die. Or we can choose to trust God now and forever and be restored in His time.

well, those people got wealthy through God -- that is one thing

I don't like heretical "preachers" making huge sums of money off gullible people who live in poverty

so there's that. And plenty of today's preachers fall into that category.

Give an example of "heretical preachers".

Give an example of "heretical preachers".
The belief, whether tangibly taught or not, that one is cursed by God if one is poor is a heresy.

It totally defies Jesus's parable in Luke 1619 and other psgs.

And I could mention others but these days people don't even comprehend what Heresy means. They think that anything one believes is fine and dandy, couldn't care less if it is true or may not be true or may even lead others to hell... Just the fact someone believes something validates the belief!

We have come a LONG way from the true Church

I don't know of any preacher that teaches or believes that.
Olsteen comes across like that. I don't know... can't say I listen to him much. But I picked up a book written by him once and... the implication appeared to be there.

I can't be more certain than that because I cannot recall the words I read.

Someone says he gives away a lot to charity so I will stop criticizing him... well, I should verify that first and find out which charities..

But until I do, I won't put him down again..

I don't know of any preacher that teaches or believes that.
There are a lot of preachers who teach that you don't have to DO anything to get into Heaven (after accepting Christ)

That's a whopper

Jesus said (for one)

SIN no more!

That is work... to give up all your sins! If tht isn't work, nothing is

My fiancee and I currently feel abandoned by God with some real life struggles and are currently feeling miserable about it.

We're both wondering if He loves us so much then why does it currently seem like He's ignoring our prayers and allowing us to suffer without getting any answers whether they be yes or no? Just some kind of acknowledgement at least that He's listening.

I thought that Jesus was supposed to answer when you called on His name, but I called for Him until I was blue in the face last night and still nothing. 😞
God has no respect of person.(Rom.2:11) He loves both the sinner and the saint and would have all men be saved by coming to the knowledge of the truth. (1 Tim. 2:4-6)

Simply because God often says NO to your prayers does not mean that God does not love you. God watches the righteous and hears their prayers (1 Peter 3:13-14)
God promises to protect the righteous..........but this protection is not from the things common to this reality, everyone faces the same tribulation, Christian or Sinner, God never promised you or anyone protection from the things common to this life cycle (good people die every day, innocent children die everyday........death is natural to this realm called reality). What God protects us from is in the form of Spiritual Protection for your eternal soul.

God will protect us through the grounding of our hearts and minds to reality, by always giving phrase to the Lord regardless of what tribulation we face. (Phil. 4:4-7)

God will protect our eternal souls from being deceived by Satan (2 Thess. 3:3). God restrains Satan from tempting us into sin, everyone suffers, but you can suffer and face lives challenges without sin. God allows us to overcome these temptations (1 Cor. 10:13, Jude 24-25)

God protects us through our faith, as salvation is reserved for the end time (death) (1 Peter 1:5)

Anyone that tells you that you will not have to to face the realities common to life...........they are lying to you, tickling your ears.

The scriptures themselves tell us that we will suffer simply for the attempt at living a righteous life in the name of the Lord, "Yeah, and all that would live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. " -- 2 Tim. 3:12

There is glory in suffering for the Lord -- Roman 8:17-18, 1 Peter 4:12-14)

If you are a Christian because you expect special treatment in this struggle called life.......you have missed the entire mission of Jesus Christ. Its TRUTH that sets you free......

That is heresy. We did not exist until our parents came together and we were conceived.
Are you suggesting that the Bible is heresy?

Ephesians 1:3-6
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Jeremiah 1:5
5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Ecclesiastes 12:7
7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Proverbs 8:12,22-31
12 I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions.
22 The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.
23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.
24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.
25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:
26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.
27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:
28 When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:
29 When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:
30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;
31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth;
and my delights were with the sons of men.

Job 38:3-7
3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.
4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Mortals chose to know bad in the garden of Eden. So God is letting it be known once and for all time-Is he correct? Mortals to know only good, or is the devil correct, that if we know both good and bad we don't need to listen to Gods advice we will be like God in that sense. God is correct and all the human suffering throughout proves it 100%. Jehovah the true living God will give one strength to deal with their problems. His kingdom rule will be a cure all.
Jesus said to pray to his Father( Jehovah)not to him. One ends their prayer-- I pray this through your son Christ Jesus amen. But in that prayer it wasn't about self first it was about his Fathers will first, then about self things.
I can answer any questions you may have, feel free.

How can a baby be born with sin if they have literally never done anything?
The Hebrew etymology of 'Adam' relates to mankind. The story is that mankind--humans--have a fallen nature. It's not that only one sinned, but that we all sin as it is our human nature.

Why Does God Allow Us to Suffer?​

God doesn't allow people to suffer. People allow people to suffer. Suffering is part of material nature in that in being here, our suffering is caused by our separation from God. Human beings are unique in the world in that God grants them free choice to direct their lives anywhere from being an angel in heaven to living in hell as an animal, and we as human beings have at some point in being have chosen to be separate from God. We have forgotten our true nature. That is why we are here. So, God isn't allowing anyone to suffer, he is allowing them freedom of choice, and it is our own choices which cause us to suffer.

If you get up and see yourself tomorrow as this or that person with an ego identity, you've chosen to live separate from God. You said it yourself: YOUR fiancee and YOU. Separate, ownership, possessiveness, when in fact, both of you are one, part and parcel of the Supreme. You've chosen this material identity and see it as suffering, when in fact, these are mere challenges, opportunities to return to him when this material life ends.

The question now is what choices will you make in this life? To be reborn again in yet another cycle of worldly life affairs and death full of desires and needs? Or will your actions in this life lead to falling down to a lower status or a higher one? You are free to choose.

Forum List

Back