Why does everyone love Reagan so much?

IronFist

May 26, 2015
Seriously, I can't understand that. He was arming Iran illegally, vetoed an anti-Apartheid act, gave amnesty to three million immigrants and raised taxes. Not to mention that he had Alzheimer's and was basically just a living vegetable by the end of his second term. And now Reagan is a role model for Scott Walker (who criticizes Obama for Iran nuclear deal). Isn't it hypocritical?

Last edited:
Seriously, I can't understand that. He was arming Iran illegally, vetoed an anti-Apartheid act, gave amnesty to three million immigrants and raised taxes. Not to mention that he had Alzheimer's and was basically just a living vegetable by the end of his second term. And now Scott Walker uses Reagan as his role model while he criticizes Obama for Iran nuclear deal. Isn't it hypocritical?

1. He turned down a bad deal with Gorbachev.

2. He forced the USSR to back down over IRBMs in Europe.

3. He fired the illegally striking Air Traffic Controllers.

4. Iran-Contra involved absolutely no personal or political benefit to Reagan.

Compare that with Clinton's and Obama's scandals, Brainiac.

Are we talking about Ronald Reagan or Bill and Hillary Clinton?

Just change a few places and dates...

1. He turned down a bad deal with Gorbachev.

2. He forced the USSR to back down over IRBMs in Europe.

3. He fired the illegally striking Air Traffic Controllers.

4. Iran-Contra involved absolutely no personal or political benefit to Reagan.

Compare that with Clinton's and Obama's scandals, Brainiac.

1 & 2, he also brought us to the brink of nuclear war at least once.

3 By firing the PATCO workers, he endangered public safety and gave a signal it was okay to go after the middle class. We've all seen how that's worked out.

4 - It doesn't matter if he benefited personally or not. The Contras flooded our streets with cocaine, and the Iranians armed every wild eyed crazy person in the middle east. And Reagan helped them. He also helped Saddam and Bin Laden.

Seriously, I can't understand that. He was arming Iran illegally, vetoed an anti-Apartheid act, gave amnesty to three million immigrants and raised taxes. Not to mention that he had Alzheimer's and was basically just a living vegetable by the end of his second term. And now Reagan is a role model for Scott Walker (who criticizes Obama for Iran nuclear deal). Isn't it hypocritical?
Reagan...courage, charisma, character, confidence. Obama ...fearful, feminine, befuddled, fragile.

GET the legacy POLISH and HURRY!!! Them libruls are talkin' BAD about THE MESSIAH again!!!!

Ignoring all the whining liberals here - it you had lived through the Peanut Farmer years you would understand the relief felt by the American people when I real leader finally took the helm.

It will be similar in 2016 when a new broom sweeps into the White House and the Clinton/Obama debacle is in the past.

Ignoring all the whining liberals here - it you had lived through the Peanut Farmer years you would understand the relief felt by the American people when I real leader finally took the helm.

It will be similar in 2016 when a new broom sweeps into the White House and the Clinton/Obama debacle is in the past.

I did live through Carter's years...

Really, only 1980 was a horrible year. 77 was pretty awesome. So was 78. 79 wasn't great.

But you are delusional if you think that the GOP is going to win the White House in 2016.

Don't look now, Donald Trump is your frontrunner!!!!

Reagan was the iconic republican of the 20th century. Everybody loves him because he was easy to like in spite of the left wing media he had to deal with on a daily basis. Why do democrats think FDR was a model president when he violated everything the loft holds dear by incarcerating and confiscating the property of American citizens based on their ethnicity.

Six months after that 'real leader' took office we had the worst recession since the Great Depression.

Six months after that 'real leader' took office we had the worst recession since the Great Depression.

And because of him the greatest peace time economic expansion in history came to be.

Reagan...courage, charisma, character, confidence.
And much like you, not the brightest bulb in the array.

Reagan...courage, charisma, character, confidence.
And much like you, not the brightest bulb in the array.
I thought sassy told you to GFY. In case you forgot...GFY.

Forum List

Back