Why do we think Iraqis will ever get along?

im sure a cut&paste from RSR is just thething needed to revive this trolled out thread...

now... that wasn't one of your options.
If you don't want to comment on the subject of this thread, shut the fuck up and quit spamming my thread with irrelevant bullshit. please.

now... that wasn't one of your options.
If you don't want to comment on the subject of this thread, shut the fuck up and quit spamming my thread with irrelevant bullshit. please.

You asked a question, I answered your question. You proceeded to engage me in what you laughingly refer to as polite discourse, well until you were made to look stupid, where upon you resorted to trying to silence me with name calling and demands I quit making you look stupid.

Tell ya what? Get a moderator to tell me not to ever respond to one of your smear jobs and loaded questions and I will quit making you look the fool you are.

look...if you would like to read post #1 in this thread and respond with your thoughts on what I have written therein...I would love to read your remarks.

whaddaya say?

Already answered you initial question.

that's odd. Post #1 of this thread was not a question to begin with. Only its title.... or were you giving me your response to the title of my thread without actually reading what I wrote.

sort of like:

Q: what did you think of "A Tale of Two Cities"
A: boring... it was just something about two cities

and I had high hopes for it when I started it. methinks the neocons want to sabatogue any threads that cause discussion about their precious world view.

Yup...I know my precious world view has been tarnished!

:rofl:

you are not a neocon....you are a thinking intelligent thoughtful courteous military retiree (we're kindred spirits in that regard!)

:rofl:

you are not a neocon....you are a thinking intelligent thoughtful courteous military retiree (we're kindred spirits in that regard!)

AWWW...gorsh!

The difference between debating or otherwise discussing issues with you and some others is that you can carry on such activities in a reasoned and logical manner which seems to escape some. We have differences (to be sure!) but somehow manage to respond to each other as adults....as it should be.

AWWW...gorsh!

The difference between debating or otherwise discussing issues with you and some others is that you can carry on such activities in a reasoned and logical manner which seems to escape some. We have differences (to be sure!) but somehow manage to respond to each other as adults....as it should be.

respect in the military between officer and enlisted goes both ways...

and that obviously continues on into retirement.

Back to the topic of this thread...I remain distressed by the continued arrogance of our leadership in the executive branch that seems to just think that doing what we have been doing MORE or LONGER will somehow change the paradigm.

What I am distressed by is your total disregard for the "improvement" Even CNN now has shown that things are getting "better".

Further, as to respect. You have displayed little respect for anyone that disagrees with you, your arrogant and routinely imply things not in evidence. Your condescending and act like anyone not in lock step with your views is some how mentally challenged. And when confronted with your behavior you resort to name calling and "demanding" you get your way.

This thread is a perfect example of your behavior.

What I am distressed by is your total disregard for the "improvement" Even CNN now has shown that things are getting "better".

Further, as to respect. You have displayed little respect for anyone that disagrees with you, your arrogant and routinely imply things not in evidence. Your condescending and act like anyone not in lock step with your views is some how mentally challenged. And when confronted with your behavior you resort to name calling and "demanding" you get your way.

This thread is a perfect example of your behavior.

"things" are getting "better". How quaint. Let me try tp put it another way:

If you had two gangs on the playground fighting one another - the Jets and the Sharks, to use a Bernstein-esque allegory - and then there were 150 THOUSAND Officer Krupky's on the playground, do you think that, for all outward appearances, "things" would get "better"?

Even though the Jets and the Sharks are still killing one another at a albeit slightly reduced rate, they are both still killing the Officer Krupky's at an increasing rate, but "things" are definitely getting "better", right?

Let's go on to say that the enmity and rivalry between the Jets and the Sharks is not one going back thirty years to a period of increased puerto rican immigration to NYC, but rather, the enmity goes back twelve HUNDRED years and has seethed beneath the surface of middle eastern life for all that time.

YOU would have us believe that when we pull the 150 THOUSAND Officer Krupky's off the playground, that the Jets and the Sharks will forget their millinium long hatred for one another and immediately start a friendly pickup game of stickball? or break into glorious doo-wop a capella harmonies? their girlfriends getting together for Jets-Sharks quilting bees???

I am most certainly not totally disregarding the "improvement" displayed on network television. I am just not so naive as to think that the rivalry that has defined the split within Islam for over a millenium is going to go away anytime soon, and our attempts to force the two sides to "make nice" within the construct of a "country" created by europeans with no natural national identity will be supremely successful.

I am not so prideful like many of my political opponents who will continue to proclaim that invading conquering and occupying Iraq has been a gloriously successful venture and of course we should have done it all along.... and look at how wonderful things will be in the world because we did that...and look at the marvelous multicultural jeffersonian democracy blossoming on the banks of the Euphrates.. and look what a helpful ally Iraq has become in our war against Islamic extremism and in our efforts to diminish the influence of Iran in the region....

I think that some folks do not have the humility to admit they fucked up... and that they backed the wrong plan.... and that their efforts have made things worse.

Forum List

Back