Why do the right struggle with the concept of hate crime ?

Of course, the flaw in your "argument" is in the punishment. Murder 1, Fred gets a life sentence without parole. Murder 2, Fred gets a life sentence without parole plus 20 years. Or in Texas, Murder 1 gets a death sentence. Murder 2 gets a death sentence plus 20 years. Yippee skippee.
The flaw in your argument is that the degree of murder is based on the motive.

The crime of second degree murder, simply called "murder" in Texas, is a serious crime with harsh penalties. Second degree murder is a crime involving a death that resulted from the accused's wrongful acts. These include deaths that occur during the commission of a crime, or on account of the accused's recklessness.

Murder in Texas is a first degree felony. This charge will typically carry a sentence of between five and 99 years in a state prison
thats not motive,, thats circumstances,,,

The 1st amendment prevents us from taking action against somebody who ferments hate. Why let him off the hook after he kills somebody. His hate has made it a crime he's been premeditating for as long as he's had those beliefs.

It is neither necessary nor justifiable to prosecutor a murderer for his “hate”. Someone who commits a murder, by that action, proves himself to be a piece of shit who has forfeit his humanity, and should be put to death. Whether he murdered his victim because he didn't like the victim's skin color, or just wanted to steal the victim's wallet, changes nothing about what he did.

I obviously made it too complex for you.
Inanity and Insanity - both often "complex."

Could it be a hate scenario that you chose to talk about a white guy shooting a black guy, when you could just as easily spoke about a black guy shooting white guy ? If you can get off your high horse long enough, you might try thinking about that.

In fact the black on white USA murders would be the more relevant topic.
Here's why >

According to the most recent report of this kind ( the FBI’s Expanded Homicide data from 2018)

1. 8% of the reported murders of Black people were committed by white offenders (234).

2. 15.5% of the murders of white people were committed by Black offenders (514).

Note that blacks are only 13% of the US population, yet they kill twice as many whites, as the reverse.
You are very welcome to switch the races. The principle is the same. The stats that you quote are pretty redundant as you do not stat why these people were murdered. That would determine if they were hate crimes.
No, apparently it suffices for anyone's perceptions to be that a hate crime is one.
Don't wish to deal with the "perception" part of this fiasco?

They don't struggle with the concept, they just don't care about the concept. Same thing with Affirmative Action...they get it. They just don't care.

They don't struggle with the concept, they just don't care about the concept. Same thing with Affirmative Action...they get it. They just don't care.

The only person that has attempted to justify their position on hate crimes is meaner. The OP has proven time and time again he’s a low level troll. Do you want to make a case for hate crimes or is trolling your intention?

The way I see it is there are posters in this thread making sound arguments. So far you’re not one of them.

This is the argument -

If you are murdered then you are dead. The motivation is immaterial.

Which on the face of it is true. But incredibly simplistic and reflecting of a very limited view of the world.

Lets look at two murders and explain why it matters.

Murder 1 - Fred and Jim fall out over a business deal or a girl or a parking spot. Fred exercises his 2nd amendment right and blows Jims head off.

Murder 2 - Jim, a black guy, is walking through a "white" neighbourhood and is spotted by Fred. Fred is immediately alarmed and exercises his 2nd amendment right and blows Jims head off. Jim isnt doing anything, he is just the wrong person in the wrong place.

Which is the worse murder ?

Of course the 2nd one is the worst due to the randomness of the act. Murder 1 happened as a result of a specific set of circumstances that would be difficult to replicate. Murder 2 could happen at any time just because Fred hates black folks.

Im not sure if I can make it any simpler for you straw sucking shit kickers.
The end result was the same--MURDER. That is the crime, the motive is irrelevant. Just like there should be absolutely no difference in sentencing for killing a law enforcement officer. Murder is murder is murder. One is NO more heinous than the other and as crimes go, they are ultimately all hate crimes.

The only person that has attempted to justify their position on hate crimes is meaner. The OP has proven time and time again he’s a low level troll. Do you want to make a case for hate crimes or is trolling your intention?

The way I see it is there are posters in this thread making sound arguments. So far you’re not one of them.
He's a troll.

It's a deterrent, and it allows the Federal government to intervene in states like Alabama or Georgia where black people are shot while jogging - as we all know. There isn't much to argue...it is meant to combat racism in the justice system.

This just isn't an interesting subject to me, really, so not sure what you want me to add or to argue. The Southern states have a history of ignoring or under-charging folks who attack minorities. Hate crime laws are meant to help combat that...simple. I'm not even sure why you care to be quite honest.

EDIT: I should really say ALL states have a history of ignoring or under-charging folks who attack minorities.

This is the argument -

Which on the face of it is true. But incredibly simplistic and reflecting of a very limited view of the world.

Murder 1 - Fred and Jim fall out over a business deal or a girl or a parking spot. Fred exercises his 2nd amendment right and blows Jims head off.

Murder 2 - Jim, a black guy, is walking through a "white" neighbourhood and is spotted by Fred. Fred is immediately alarmed and exercises his 2nd amendment right and blows Jims head off. Jim isnt doing anything, he is just the wrong person in the wrong place.

Of course the 2nd one is the worst due to the randomness of the act. Murder 1 happened as a result of a specific set of circumstances that would be difficult to replicate. Murder 2 could happen at any time just because Fred hates black folks.

Why do you authoritarian tossers struggle with the concept of "mind reading"?

Unless you plan on shooting up some Asian massage parlors and those pesky hate crime laws are in your way, or something. that's the only reason I can see for you caring.

Yeah I don’t plan on doing that. My problem with hate crimes is the, let’s call it biased, way they’re applied. You kind of prove the point as you evoke a case that has no evidence of racism that we know of, and then talk about it relating to hate crimes.

He's a troll.

Let’s give him a chance. All of us have given the OP many chances and he’s failed miserably.

It's a deterrent, and it allows the Federal government to intervene in states like Alabama or Georgia where black people are shot while jogging - as we all know. There isn't much to argue...it is meant to combat racism in the justice system.

This just isn't an interesting subject to me, really, so not sure what you want me to add or to argue. The Southern states have a history of ignoring or under-charging folks who attack minorities. Hate crime laws are meant to help combat that...simple. I'm not even sure why you care to be quite honest.

EDIT: I should really say ALL states have a history of ignoring or under-charging folks who attack minorities.

your edit is interesting. If I read you correct it’s not about legislating hate more so as it’s protecting racial/ethnic/whatever minorities, correct?

BTW if it’s not an interesting subject to you why on earth would you be posting about it? I think it is an interesting subject to you, you just don’t like defending your positions against others that have opposing positions.

BTW if it’s not an interesting subject to you why on earth would you be posting about it? I think it is an interesting subject to you, you just don’t like defending your positions against others that have opposing positions.
Because, like voting rights, or abortion: it's just so elementary to me that I don't get why it's really a big deal. If there are people out there where Hate Crimes just make them wake up in the morning and hate the world...I don't want to meet them anyhow.

The feds have investigated Arbery’s killing as a hate crime. Is this normal? The only thing I know are the suspects are white and the potential victim is black. Anyone know of any pieces of evidence that would lead us to believe this is a hate crime?

Because, like voting rights, or abortion: it's just so elementary to me that I don't get why it's really a big deal. If there are people out there where Hate Crimes just make them wake up in the morning and hate the world...I don't want to meet them anyhow.

You don’t get why abortion is a big deal? Really? I’m pro choice and I know it’s a big deal. I don’t know of anyone that doesn’t think voting rights are a big deal. You’re so sure of yourself that you don’t want to debate. Got it. You’re too cool for school. I wish I had life figured out like you have at your age young age, it must rock.

You're not even a woman, it has nothing to do with you. I dunno why it's a big deal to you.

And you're basically yelling at me for espousing pretty damn common liberal beliefs. You should know that we don't really get in a tiff about abortion...we're not religious much. Atleast I'm not.

This is the argument -

Could you talk a little slower I can't think that fast

Forum List

Back