Why do the God-haters persist?

revelation is an anti-roman tract and a piece of war propaganda wrapped in one. The message: God would return and destroy the romans who had destroyed jerusalem.

again ... If you ever read revelation you will find that the events are global in nature and not limited to a little section of europe.

if you understood that revelation is an example of apocalyptic literature in the hebrew tradition, you would know it is simply a message of hope to the believers being persecuted in rome. It isn't prophesy or premonition. It is a coded message of hope.

Revelations is a book giving us a warning of the very soon years of the great tribulation =God's judgments on an evil,sin loving world and a book reveiling Jesus as King of Kings,Lord of Lords returning to earth to destroy all evil and set up His kingdom on earth.

Article VII of the U.S. Constitution: "Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven and of the Independence of the United States of America the Twelfth." (Interesting that this includes both the religiously linked dating and the utterly secular age of the nation itself.)

Some four score and seven years later, Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation is dated "on the first day of January, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty-three."

And this is why we need god taken out of every public square and school. No peddling that bullshit nonsense on to the next generations. No more brainwashed mind fucks who like sheep go to slaughter in Iraq for the lord, the year of our lord, oh lord. :eusa_hand:

Article VII of the U.S. Constitution: "Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven and of the Independence of the United States of America the Twelfth." (Interesting that this includes both the religiously linked dating and the utterly secular age of the nation itself.)

Some four score and seven years later, Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation is dated "on the first day of January, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty-three."

And this is why we need god taken out of every public square and school. No peddling that bullshit nonsense on to the next generations. No more brainwashed mind fucks who like sheep go to slaughter in Iraq for the lord, the year of our lord, oh lord. :eusa_hand:

YES!!!! IN GOD WE TRUST=ONE NATION UNDER GOD WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL = THE USA AS LONG AS WE HONOR GOD WE CAN LIVE IN HIS BLESSINGS,IF WE DENY GOD THEN WE TAKE OURSELF OUT FROM GOD'S PROTECTION!!= Not smart!

WHAT ROCK DO YOU LIVE UNDER???? YES!!! SATAN AND DEMONS hate that each year is AD=the year of our LORD!!!! PTL.

I'll ask him that tonight when I converse with him. we're BFF's:smiliehug:

WHAT A LIFE!!!!==Now there was a large herd of swine feeding nearby on the mountain. 12The demons implored Him, saying, "Send us into the swine so that we may enter them." 13Jesus gave them permission. And coming out, the unclean spirits entered the swine; and the herd rushed down the steep bank into the sea, about two thousand of them; and they were drowned in the sea.…

Why did Jesus kill someone pigs?

I'll ask him that tonight when I converse with him. we're BFF's:smiliehug:

WHAT A LIFE!!!!==Now there was a large herd of swine feeding nearby on the mountain. 12The demons implored Him, saying, "Send us into the swine so that we may enter them." 13Jesus gave them permission. And coming out, the unclean spirits entered the swine; and the herd rushed down the steep bank into the sea, about two thousand of them; and they were drowned in the sea.…

CAN'T YOU READ??UNDERSTAND??=== the herd rushed down the steep bank into the sea, about two thousand of them; and they were drowned in the sea.…=DEMON SUICIDE!!

again ... If you ever read revelation you will find that the events are global in nature and not limited to a little section of europe.

if you understood that revelation is an example of apocalyptic literature in the hebrew tradition, you would know it is simply a message of hope to the believers being persecuted in rome. It isn't prophesy or premonition. It is a coded message of hope.

Revelations is a book giving us a warning of the very soon years of the great tribulation =God's judgments on an evil,sin loving world and a book reveiling Jesus as King of Kings,Lord of Lords returning to earth to destroy all evil and set up His kingdom on earth.

False, it's a book about the Hebrew people having hope that the Romans will get God's revenge. Which never happened.

Judea was held by the Romans and then Byzantine empires until the Muslim conquest in 636.

Have you sacrificed your dick to Gaia yet, to atone for your carbon sins?

Get to chopping and burning, before she gets angry and destroys the world - voodoo volcano gods aren't known for patience!

CAN'T YOU READ??UNDERSTAND??=== the herd rushed down the steep bank into the sea, about two thousand of them; and they were drowned in the sea.…=DEMON SUICIDE!!

False, you can not kill a demon. You can cast them out or bind them...they do not die.

Why were there pigs in Hebrew lands, when Hebrews were forbidden to eat pork?

False, you can not kill a demon. You can cast them out or bind them...they do not die.

YES!!! THE FATE OF DEMONS AND SIN,LOVING,GOD REJECTING MAN IS ETERNAL HELL!!! AND YOU??? the same!!

YES!!! THE FATE OF DEMONS AND SIN,LOVING,GOD REJECTING MAN IS ETERNAL HELL!!! AND YOU??? the same!!

Thanks for agreeing demons don't die. Now, explain your demon suicide scripture. Since demons, by your account, can not be killed...how can they commit suicide?

The book is called "Revelation", not "Revelations", and you have fallen into a terrible trap set for you by a 19th century preacher who misinterpreted the book and came to America to spread the lie.
And you bought it, hook, line and sinker.

The book is called "Revelation", not "Revelations", and you have fallen into a terrible trap set for you by a 19th century preacher who misinterpreted the book and came to America to spread the lie.
And you bought it, hook, line and sinker.

BEFORE YOU TRY TO DEBATE WHAT THE BOOK OF REVELATION SAYS YOU NEED TO READ IT,YOUR POSTS PROVE YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT SAYS!!! Wise up!!!

THE USA AS LONG AS WE HONOR GOD WE CAN LIVE IN HIS BLESSINGS,IF WE DENY GOD THEN WE TAKE OURSELF OUT FROM GOD'S PROTECTION!!= Not smart!

Really? Because from what I see he's doing a horrible job. Look at all the drought and famine and wildfires and mudslides and tornados and cancer. It's not because people don't believe in god. From survey's most of them do believe in god. So are you saying we'll never be perfect but until we are perfect god is going to keep on punishing us? You know they did a study and besides making people feel better, praying doesn't work?

You've been told if you don't believe a bad story you'll go to hell. Otherwise you wouldn't be so dumb. Imagine if I told you a story and told you it all started 2000 years ago and only 11 guys saw it. :cuckoo:

An obvious misinterpretation, because nothing of the kind happened in the "very soon years".

THE USA AS LONG AS WE HONOR GOD WE CAN LIVE IN HIS BLESSINGS,IF WE DENY GOD THEN WE TAKE OURSELF OUT FROM GOD'S PROTECTION!!= Not smart!

Really? Because from what I see he's doing a horrible job. Look at all the drought and famine and wildfires and mudslides and tornados and cancer. It's not because people don't believe in god. From survey's most of them do believe in god. So are you saying we'll never be perfect but until we are perfect god is going to keep on punishing us? You know they did a study and besides making people feel better, praying doesn't work?

You've been told if you don't believe a bad story you'll go to hell. Otherwise you wouldn't be so dumb. Imagine if I told you a story and told you it all started 2000 years ago and only 11 guys saw it. :cuckoo:

We tell GOD He is not wanted or needed,we take prayer out of schools we kill the unborn,we ok gay marrage and sexual perversion, then we cry when we find we are no longer under GOD'S PROTECTION!!!= FOOLS!!!

HuggyBear: What most theists and in your case "spiritualists" assume incorrectly is that typical atheists haven't thought out their positions on the existance (sic) of a god before laying out an argument on a forum like USMB.

Atheists do not need to convince ourselves of the non existance of a god. We do not need to conjur up some "faith" to fall back on when arguing our thoughts about god and religion. Try not to take it personally when you discover that you will not be the one to convince an atheist that we are wrong and you are right.

The religists have had several thousands of years to come up with a convincing story and have failed.

This is too hilarious not to respond to. First of all, you are incorrect, I have assumed no such thing. I think Atheists have thought out their positions, they are just really stupid people. They form arguments which are full of illogical and irrational points without any basis in science or observable nature, then parade those around as if they are facts. When challenged, they look down their snooty nose and recite some mantra from their Atheist heroes, toss out a few insults at religion and think they've "won" a debate.

As for FAITH, the Atheists are the people who have more actual FAITH than any religious person I know. It takes an enormous amount of faith to disbelieve what humans have known since we climbed out of the trees. To be so sure of yourself, to be so absolutely certain you are right... takes enormous amounts of sheer faith. Blind faith at that. To chalk everything you see around you up to happenstance and random chance, to reject man's inseparable connection to something spiritual for all our existence, to ignore that nearly 90% of us believe in something spiritual and always have.... Loads of faith! While people who have religious beliefs at least have some relevant documentation and history.

As I stated in the post before, and apparently you were too dumb to comprehend, I don't really care if you agree with me personally. I don't fool myself into thinking I am going to change your mind, maybe you are the kind of fool who thinks that, but not me. I don't state arguments to support or endorse religions, or to "prove" religious dogma. My arguments are purely from a rational point of view from someone who has a distinct advantage over you. You see, I already know the truth here, I am aware of a spiritual nature that you don't realize. That's why I can shoot holes in all your "theories" about Man and God.

user6133_pic34477_1326494238.jpg

We tell GOD He is not wanted or needed,we take prayer out of schools we kill the unborn,we ok gay marrage and sexual perversion, then we cry when we find we are no longer under GOD'S PROTECTION!!!= FOOLS!!!

We're not a theocracy, there for religion has zero place in our laws.

really? Because from what i see he's doing a horrible job. Look at all the drought and famine and wildfires and mudslides and tornados and cancer. It's not because people don't believe in god. From survey's most of them do believe in god. So are you saying we'll never be perfect but until we are perfect god is going to keep on punishing us? You know they did a study and besides making people feel better, praying doesn't work?

You've been told if you don't believe a bad story you'll go to hell. Otherwise you wouldn't be so dumb. Imagine if i told you a story and told you it all started 2000 years ago and only 11 guys saw it. :cuckoo:

we tell god he is not wanted or needed,we take prayer out of schools we kill the unborn,we ok gay marrage and sexual perversion, then we cry when we find we are no longer under god's protection!!!= fools!!!

we're not a theocracy, there for religion has zero place in our laws.
""In God we trust"" I have seen that somewhere!!!! Lol!!!

Forum List

Back