Why do the anti-gun folks believe our children are not important enough to protect?

Anything is too radical for you guys. You want nothing done.
I assume you are referring to new gun control legislation. Ain't gonna happen cuz that ain't the problem. The problem is a criminal justice system that has built an empire around crime instead of providing for the safety of the people.

I’m not trying to mischaracterize anything….The reason this conversation is even relevant today is because of THIS current event, and the desperate need for democrats to have something to fire up their base.

In todays climate, where crime is rampant, homocides are out of control, and the economy in the tank, this horrible event raises some good questions.

Now I, as a CCP holder, 2a advocate, and constitutional conservative would like to see these tragedies end, and since my reps don’t seem to take what IMO is the real issue, mental health seriously, and not wanting to abridge rights, think that putting an age limit on weapons that can be used for situations like this may be appropriate…

The deterioration of society does not encourage me to disarm.
The ineffectiveness of government does not encourage me to grant government more power.

You can pursue whatever changes you desire at your State level.

The deterioration of society does not encourage me to disarm.
The ineffectiveness of government does not encourage me to grant government more power.

You can pursue whatever changes you desire at your State level.

And you are free to do the same...But this isn't about that. We are having a conversation on a message board...Should I take your response to mean that you no longer want to have a conversation?

And you are free to do the same...But this isn't about that. We are having a conversation on a message board...Should I take your response to mean that you no longer want to have a conversation?

I simply directed you towards where you should focus your efforts.
The State where I live has stronger protections in regard to firearms rights than the US Constitution provides, and I don't need to do anything.

We can have a conversation, and I encourage it.
If you want me to discuss your ideas, please refrain from mischaracterizing anything I post and trying to make it mean something it doesn't.

This is a lie – no one is ‘anti-gun.’

No one seeks to ‘take’ anyone’s guns.
You can't be serious. If you are, you're just furthering your lack of credibility.

I simply directed you towards where you should focus your efforts.
The State where I live has stronger protections in regard to firearms rights than the US Constitution provides, and I don't need to do anything.
Oh, YOU directed me....I see..... :rolleyes:

So, the state in which you reside is infringing on your rights, and you're fine with it....Got it.
We can have a conversation, and I encourage it.
If you want me to discuss your ideas, please refrain from mischaracterizing anything I post and trying to make it mean something it doesn't.

Then I would suggest you be clear in what you are discussing, instead of trying to be clever with cryptic language...That only shows me that when you are revealed for a statement you want the room to disavow it like a weasel.

So, the state in which you reside is infringing on your rights, and you're fine with it....Got it.

When I expressed the State where I live has stronger gun rights protections than the US Constitution provides ...
It means they did a better job of explaining what "shall not be infringed" means
and left out any language that could be mischaracterized into meaning something it doesn't in our State Constitution.

It's not cryptic, you just cannot help yourself and have to mischaracterize what I post ... Please refrain from doing so.

Last edited:
Israel limits gun ownership to one gun and 50 bullets.

img_1313-whats-your-point-nana-meme-S.jpg

i-Lqv3tcP-L.jpg

When I expressed the State where I live has stronger gun rights protections than the US Constitution provides ...
It means they did a better job of explaining what "shall not be infringed" means
and left out any language that could be mischaracterized into meaning something it doesn't in our State Constitution.

It's not cryptic, you just cannot help yourself and have to mischaracterize what I post ... Please refrain from doing so.

Not doing that...Please refrain from using that as an excuse to have a hard conversation....

Not doing that...Please refrain from using that as an excuse to have a hard conversation....

Yes you are ... You just did it again.

Here's another suggestion, if you want to have a conversation, stop trying to tell me what I am saying ...
Better yet, say something about the Topic.

They have had two school shootings since 1974.
What is the definition of insanity? Isn't one that doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result is insanity?

They had a soft target attacked in 1974 and did nothing to see that it didn't happen again. Then it happened twice more, and still no change?

Is that NOT insanity?

I assume you are referring to new gun control legislation. Ain't gonna happen cuz that ain't the problem. The problem is a criminal justice system that has built an empire around crime instead of providing for the safety of the people.
And so we should do nothing according to you guys. And then you wonder why this issue isn’t being fixed.

What is the definition of insanity? Isn't one that doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result is insanity?

They had a soft target attacked in 1974 and did nothing to see that it didn't happen again. Then it happened twice more, and still no change?

Is that NOT insanity?
What are you talking about? The Israelis have stopped school shootings.

Yes you are ... You just did it again.

Here's another suggestion, if you want to have a conversation, stop trying to tell me what I am saying ...
Better yet, say something about the Topic.

This is rich...And good entertainment...I'll give you a suggestion...Why don't you try what you just told me to do rather than cry about nonsense.

What are you talking about? The Israelis have stopped school shootings.
Why is it that liberal progressives always try to apply foreign countries rules and limitations to our country...The most basic answer to this subterfuge is that our Constitutions are different in these respects.

A school can be fortified without making it resemble a prison ...
And your suggestion otherwise is just a stupid excuse in attempts to ignore the neglect of rights
and possible death and misery your alternative solution would promote.

Oh really? Please tell me about my so called "suggestion"

Oh really? Please tell me about my so called "suggestion"

Access, environment, and a dedicated effort to remain vigilant.

I have explained it in further detail in other threads.
If you want to know where to start ... Start with thinking about what you can do.
When you encounter a problem with your ideas, think about how to effectively address those problems.

If all you have to offer is punishing people who are not criminals ... Then that is not acceptable.
Start over and come up with a better plan.

Forum List

Back