Why do some people dislike the Tea Party?

Bottom line - The Tea Party (note the caps) was a good idea but they sold out to the Kochs and became the tea baggers. Worthless dupes.

971451_597292843625918_2072865119_n.jpg

Of course, Democrats don't need anyone explaining why we should be rebuilding from the bottom up rather than the top down.

lol, hows that working out?
8% unemployment it's hard to build anything..

Haven't you heard? Flood the Basement Economics is the way to save the world?

Immie

of course Democrats don't need anyone explaining that...it just IS but reality ISN'T
sheesh, I can't believe they fall for that

Bottom line - The Tea Party (note the caps) was a good idea but they sold out to the Kochs and became the tea baggers. Worthless dupes.

One cannot have a fair discussion if one starts at one end of the political spectrum.

Last edited:

One cannot have a rfair discussion if one starts at one end of the political spectrum.

Look in the mirror.

I'm not on either end of the political spectrum, unlike you, Luddly Neddite. In response to your partisan responses, the issue is about fairness in the political and philosophical arena. If you stand by your convictions, I challenge you to a debate on fairness in the Bull Ring. Oblige me there, and we'll talk a little bit about looking in the mirror.

With all due respect, I never liked it when people do this. Not when you do it, not when my favorite show host Bill O'Reilly does it (through "Watter's World" segment), not when anyone does it. Using the examples of a few to demonize/ridicule the whole has never been an honest tactic in debate.

Making absolute claims to demonize whole groups don't help anything, either. What you're saying is as bad as saying conservativies are misogynists who hate women. Please, people, stop doing this. All this does is make an already stressful situation worse.

You might want to spend some time in front of a mirror.

Or not.

Your choice.

Luddly, it's ironic that a person with your history of partisan trolling would say that.

Observing from the sidelines, I never understood the malevolence directed towards them.

Well, as the organizer of that ACTUAL Boston Tea Party put it:

"We must not conclude merely upon a man's haranguing upon liberty, and using the charming sound, that he is fit to be trusted with the liberties of his country. It is not unfrequent to hear men declaim loudly upon liberty, who, if we may judge by the whole tenor of their actions, mean nothing else by it but their own liberty, — to oppress without control or the restraint of laws all who are poorer or weaker than themselves"
-- Samuel Adams; from an untitled essay in the Independent Advertiser (1748)

I like both the Tea and the Libertarians. Libertarians are really true Republicans, or more aptly named Jeffersonians.

People who still vote Republicrat are wasting their lives and all those around them.

Observing from the sidelines, I never understood the malevolence directed towards them.

They want free speech, smaller government, reduced government spending and taxes, and they believe in the United States Constitution.

Yet they're slandered on a day-to-day basis by some people.

What's wrong with the Tea Party, and what's wrong with the people who dislike them?

Those that gravitate towards the Tea Party tend to be complete cynics, or be completely uninformed.

The idea of an alienated government as the enemy of the people, and an independent citizen freed of any and all social responsibility are concepts that dovetail precisely with the asperations of the ultra-rich in the US (and elsewhere). Small goverment, minimal regulation, and low taxes allows the financially elite to derive the most benefit from society, and to contribute the least possible. Those that have a lot of money do not need the services that come from group insurance or social programs. Those in the middle class, or the less fortunate, do. Not surprising then that the Tea Party is funded and mentored by some of the above more fortunate, in the form of the famous Koch brothers, and others.

Humans living in society have never been independent of each other to any large degree, and this is even more so in our complex and intertwined 21st century. The idea that regulation can be rolled back, and we can return to some sort of idealized cowboy society is absurd. We only have to look at the example of the 2008 financial meltdown to visualize this. Complexity in society increases, so to its controls. To abandon this means simply to pass on the control to someone else. Does freedom mean passing control from an elected representive to some element of the business or investment community? I don't think so.

Tea Partiers live in a dreamworld, where they think they can live a Hollywood style existence. For the most part, they are people who have neglected to read history, or economics, and so have become vulnerable to the self-serving. Knowledge is power- ignorance is vulnerability.

The hatred toward the Tea Party from the left, and the hatred for Move On from the right comes from the same place. It's from a division in the nation that is quite quickly becoming critical.

The Tea Party may have started with good intentions, but they have been co-opted by the extremely wealthy, corporate interests and the GOP. The movement has been hijacked and what is left of the Tea Party little resembles the 2007 version. The party leadership welcomed big money from the Koch Brothers, Dick Armey and others and as a result were corrupted. The Tea Party allowed Michelle Bachmann and other ass-clowns to be their face/voice and when you lie down with dogs, you get fleas. If a GOP candidate isn't enough of a right-wing extremist, then they are threatened with being "primarried" by a Tea Party candidate. This primary threat is steadily forcing the GOP and the country towards the far right (and consequently shifts the political center to the right). Is it any wonder why some people dislike the Tea Party?

They want free speech, smaller government, reduced government spending and taxes, and they believe in the United States Constitution.

Yet they're slandered on a day-to-day basis by some people.

What's wrong with the Tea Party, and what's wrong with the people who dislike them?

They don't want free speech if someone else talks.

They don't want their Medicare or Social Security touched. In fact, these people are so stupid, they think illegal immigrants are getting welfare and food stamps.

They have never read the constitution.

The attitude of the teabaggers is: cut my taxes; don't cut programs that benefit me; balance the budget. That is not a serious political program. It is like a child telling Santa Claus that she wants all of the toys in the toy store.

The attitude of the teabaggers is: cut my taxes; don't cut programs that benefit me; balance the budget. That is not a serious political program. It is like a child telling Santa Claus that she wants all of the toys in the toy store.

That does not sound like the Tea Party I heard at first. It does sound like a lot of conservatives I have heard and I will agree that after conservatives got their claws in the Tea Party, it has become difficult to tell the TP from the GOP.

Immie

Forum List

Back