Why Do So Many Hardcore Racists Deny It When Called Out?

OP....

homer-vs-corn-flakes-o.gif

I don't get it. So many die hard racist have engaged id, currently engage in and will engage in racist rhetoric and behavior, but when called out, always seem to slink away from it.

Why? Aren't they supposed to be proud of their stance? They should be proud.

I see it right here on USMB practically every day I post. Why hold a position that you're ashamed to stand by publicly?

Anyone have any thoughts on this phenomenon?
I`m really amused when they blame Obama for their racism. "He was divisive " they tell us.
LoL! I know, right?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

You mean like you do?
The new racism is to deny the existence of racism and then accuse those who call you out on your racism ….racists - even us white people. You motorically .claim the we hate our own race That is how stupid and despicable, dishonest and idiotic you people are. It's not so easy to get away with blatant, obvious racism anymore so you resort to dog whistle rhetoric and other tactics that you know will get your message across to your ilk while giving you-what you think is- plausible deniability- but it is not at all plausible. It is painfully obvious.

What would happen to you, if you started to just assume that every republican or conservative, who told you he was not racist,

was not racist?

What would that mean to your life or world view?
If you have to tell people that you are not a racist, you probobly are a racist.

So what are we supposed to do when somebody calls us racist and we know we are not, hmm? Did you even think of that? Did it also not occur to you that people wouldn't have to deny being racist if they were not unjustly called one?

I don't get it. So many die hard racist have engaged id, currently engage in and will engage in racist rhetoric and behavior, but when called out, always seem to slink away from it.

I see it right here on USMB practically every day I post. Why hold a position that you're ashamed to stand by publicly?

Because anyone that you disagree with is a racist in your eyes.

If someone did not vote for Obama, you screamed racism.

So you see racism in everyone you hate...

Since you and some of your cohorts here seem to have some difficulty in differentiating between racists and non-racists, I think a more important question to be asking is: Is this person actually racist?

Other important questions might be:

What steps can we take to ascertain for sure whether or not this person is racist before we destroy his/her career and reputation?

Is this person actually racist or does he just disagree with blacks on some racial issues on a messageboard?

Are there any other possible explanations for, say, a slip of the tongue that happens to sound like a racist insult?

You never asked a single fucking question regarding the case of the weatherman who lost his job, you summarily called him racist and celebrated his termination. But you start a whole thread asking a ridiculous question as to why obvious racists deny being racist. In-fucking-credible. This is what you want to know?

This is not a goddamn game, actual people are losing actual jobs and are actually being ostracized by their families and communities. I think you and other folks casting those stones at "racists" need to get your priorities straight.

Why Whites Call People Of Colour “Racist”

There’s two reasons why Whites call people of colour (especially Black people) “racist.” First of all, it comes from a lack of understanding of the term (through ignorance or willful ignorance and hatred), its history and its consequences. As long as “racism” is viewed solely as “one person being mean to another person because of their race” or basically solely as an individual and arbitrary instance of prejudice with equal social capital between the individuals, Whites can obscure or ignore the ramifications of the historical (whether implied, microaggressions or overt racism), institutional, structural and systemic manifestations of White supremacy (which does NOT require extremism to exist) and racism.

A Black person being insulted based on slurs that facilitate(d)(s) oppression and genocide for centuries and that same sentiment behind that slur facilitates the denial of a plethora of opportunities as well as supports a plethora of types of discrimination and punishment represents a different magnitude and scope of an insult versus a Black person “hurting” a White person’s feelings, even if the former is rude.

Many times an insult is not occurring—it’s just a Black person adamantly rejecting White supremacy. The rejection of White supremacy and racism themselves is not “reverse racism.” Rejecting White supremacy is not then telling Whites to be “ashamed” of Whiteness, as they should be able to live and thrive without the lie that is the claim of inherent superiority.

The second reason why Whites call people of colour “racist” is quite different. I’ve been in several graduate-level psychology classes where White students stated that being called “racist” is the absolute worse thing that could happen to them. I always wondered why saying or doing a racist thing didn’t scare them more than being called “racist.” What I realized is that some Whites will call a person of colour who called out their racism “racist” in an “I know you are but what am I” reductionist retreat. The defense mechanisms of projection and denial are to protect their egos. If there’s nothing they fear more than being called “racist,” then the best thing to do is to get that label “away” from them as soon as possible. By deciding that a person of colour rejecting racism is the “real” “racist” act, not the racist act that they or another White person was called out on, they can deflect and derail. A common derailment tactic is to assert in a whiny voice “all Whites aren’t like this.”

As Mychal Denzel Smith writes In White People Have To Give Up Racism:

"Not every white person is a racist, but the genius of racism is that you don’t have to participate to enjoy the spoils. If you’re white, you can be completely oblivious, passively accepting the status quo, and reap the rewards."

A lack of understanding regarding what racism actually is, the belief that White supremacy is “normal” in society, the inability to see the manifestations of racism because they do not experience them and are shielded by White privilege, as well as self-protection from the label that they fear most is why Whites call people of colour “racist” and from my experience, seem to take great pleasure in doing so when that person of colour is Black.

Gradient Lair - Why Whites Call People Of Colour “Racist”

There’s two reasons why Whites call people of colour (especially Black people) “racist.” First of all, it comes from a lack of understanding of the term (through ignorance or willful ignorance and hatred), its history and its consequences. As long as “racism” is viewed solely as “one person being mean to another person because of their race” or basically solely as an individual and arbitrary instance of prejudice with equal social capital between the individuals, Whites can obscure or ignore the ramifications of the historical (whether implied, microaggressions or overt racism), institutional, structural and systemic manifestations of White supremacy (which does NOT require extremism to exist) and racism.

A Black person being insulted based on slurs that facilitate(d)(s) oppression and genocide for centuries and that same sentiment behind that slur facilitates the denial of a plethora of opportunities as well as supports a plethora of types of discrimination and punishment represents a different magnitude and scope of an insult versus a Black person “hurting” a White person’s feelings, even if the former is rude.

Many times an insult is not occurring—it’s just a Black person adamantly rejecting White supremacy. The rejection of White supremacy and racism themselves is not “reverse racism.” Rejecting White supremacy is not then telling Whites to be “ashamed” of Whiteness, as they should be able to live and thrive without the lie that is the claim of inherent superiority.

The second reason why Whites call people of colour “racist” is quite different. I’ve been in several graduate-level psychology classes where White students stated that being called “racist” is the absolute worse thing that could happen to them. I always wondered why saying or doing a racist thing didn’t scare them more than being called “racist.” What I realized is that some Whites will call a person of colour who called out their racism “racist” in an “I know you are but what am I” reductionist retreat. The defense mechanisms of projection and denial are to protect their egos. If there’s nothing they fear more than being called “racist,” then the best thing to do is to get that label “away” from them as soon as possible. By deciding that a person of colour rejecting racism is the “real” “racist” act, not the racist act that they or another White person was called out on, they can deflect and derail. A common derailment tactic is to assert in a whiny voice “all Whites aren’t like this.”

"Not every white person is a racist, but the genius of racism is that you don’t have to participate to enjoy the spoils. If you’re white, you can be completely oblivious, passively accepting the status quo, and reap the rewards."

A lack of understanding regarding what racism actually is, the belief that White supremacy is “normal” in society, the inability to see the manifestations of racism because they do not experience them and are shielded by White privilege, as well as self-protection from the label that they fear most is why Whites call people of colour “racist” and from my experience, seem to take great pleasure in doing so when that person of colour is Black.

You're one of those nincompoops who think blacks can't be racist

Dismissed

Because what you consider "racist" is not really "racist".

THe people you are referring to, are just people that disagree with your insane lefty agenda, that does not make them racist.

YOu are an asshole for smearing good people with that slur.

He considers anyone to the Right of Mitt Romney (and probably including Mitt Romney) "hard core racists"

Real hard core racists are the ones who admit it freely, and there are several on this board.

#TheLargerIssue #SingleParenting #Fatherlessness #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth #Solutions

Hello. Serious question for OP...

Dr. Umar Johnson Ph.D, Dr. Boyce Watkins Ph.D, Dr. Shonna Etienne.jpg

Peace.
___
American *(Children)* Lives Matter; Take Pride In Parenting; *End Our National Epidemic of Child Abuse and Neglect*; End Community Violence, Police Anxiety & Educator's Frustrations
____
Introducing Child Abuse Awareness & Education Advocate, pediatrician Dr. Nadine Burke Harris, MD, FAAP, MPH, Founder and CEO of the 'Center for Youth Wellness'.

https://www.makers.com/profiles/591f25476c3f64632d4fb85c/

Perhaps to your surprise and chagrin there are far fewer racists of any stripe than you fantisize.

I've thought about this extensively. I often wondered why the kkk would put on clown suits and put pillow cases over their heads. I've wondered why (with as much shit as they talk) white nationalist dont storm the hood talking that bullshit. The conclusion that I have come to is that these inbred monkeys fear having to bleed. Whites need massive numbers and the law behind them before they can be brave. You notice they talk about how many guns and stuff they have yet not once have I seen a white boy ever call me or anyone else I know the n word in the hood unless they had a badge. If you watch them and check their historical methods of conquest its always done via peaceful overture or they carry some illness that lowers the defenses of whoever they intend to kill off.

You're one of those nincompoops who think blacks can't be racist

Dismissed

YOU exemplify what the writer is talking about.

THe people you are referring to, are just people that disagree with your insane lefty agenda, that does not make them racist.

He considers anyone to the Right of Mitt Romney (and probably including Mitt Romney) "hard core racists"

Real hard core racists are the ones who admit it freely, and there are several on this board.

I don't categorize racists as if there is a more preferable or tolerable type of racism..

Perhaps to your surprise and chagrin there are far fewer racists of any stripe than you fantisize.

There is no acceptable number of racists that we must accept in order to be happy.

Just because most are afraid to speak up, we still see their support of racist politicians. I predicted a white backlash after Obama. I was right. Most whites are racist.
You wanna see a real authentic racist? Go look in a mirror.

I don't categorize racists as if there is a more preferable or tolerable type of racism..

Awfully convenient position, allows you to dismiss anyone who disagrees with you politically.

You mean like you do?
The new racism is to deny the existence of racism and then accuse those who call you out on your racism ….racists - even us white people. You motorically .claim the we hate our own race That is how stupid and despicable, dishonest and idiotic you people are. It's not so easy to get away with blatant, obvious racism anymore so you resort to dog whistle rhetoric and other tactics that you know will get your message across to your ilk while giving you-what you think is- plausible deniability- but it is not at all plausible. It is painfully obvious.

What would happen to you, if you started to just assume that every republican or conservative, who told you he was not racist,

was not racist?

If you have to tell people that you are not a racist, you probobly are a racist.

So what are we supposed to do when somebody calls us racist and we know we are not, hmm? Did you even think of that? Did it also not occur to you that people wouldn't have to deny being racist if they were not unjustly called one?
Perhaps I should have been more clear. I'm referring to situations where someone feels compelled-unsolicited - to state that that they are no racists . Case in point-when trump declared before an audience " I am the least racist person that you will ever know" or something to that effect.

You mean like you do?

was not racist?

Perhaps I should have been more clear. I'm referring to situations where someone feels compelled-unsolicited - to state that that they are no racists . Case in point-when trump declared before an audience " I am the least racist person that you will ever know" or something to that effect.

I know what you meant. My point is that everybody is being called racist these days, especially anyone who is a conservative.

People are being labeled racist for the most ridiculous reasons and it has generated an atmosphere of fear and paranoia on both sides. This is perhaps why some folks feel the need to declare their non-racism so as to preemptively forestall the accusation.

As for Trump, he has been called racist pretty much since the beginning of his campaign when he started talking about illegal immigration. So did he say this before or after the campaign?

Forum List

Back