Why Do Elderly White Millionaire Elitist Politicians Unable To Serve Try To Hold Onto Power, Stay Too Long?

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
Diane Feinstein's health and mental competence is worse than Biden's. It has been for several years now, during which time her own fellow Democrats have pointed out her declining mental state and have been trying to talk her into retiring. Instead, she - or her handlers - have clung to power.

Nancy Pelosi, defending Feinstein now, is drawing closer to following in Feistein's shoes. Over the last few years we have watched Pelosi freeze while speaking, babble, and make undeniable gaffes.

Then, of course, their is dementia Joe.

Why do they cling to power? It can't be for the money - they have millions, multiple homes, etc...

Maybe a better question is why do voters keep voting for these politicians clearly suffering the ravages of old age?

The heavy hitters in congress get to go to some swell parties. Maybe that's it.

Diane Feinstein's health and mental competence is worse than Biden's. It has been for several years now, during which time her own fellow Democrats have pointed out her declining mental state and have been trying to talk her into retiring. Instead, she - or her handlers - have clung to power.

Nancy Pelosi, defending Feinstein now, is drawing closer to following in Feistein's shoes. Over the last few years we have watched Pelosi freeze while speaking, babble, and make undeniable gaffes.

Why do they cling to power? It can't be for the money - they have millions, multiple homes, etc...

Maybe a better question is why do voters keep voting for these politicians clearly suffering the ravages of old age?

As I was reading your headline the image I saw earlier today of Diane Feinstein ran across my mind. My thoughts upon seeing this photo of her earlier was "when did she get so old and how did it happen so fast" therefore I was not that surprised to discover that she indeed was the topic of your OP.

Maybe she's trying to keep busy? On the other hand, she is looking rather frail these days, maybe it is time to give it a rest and enjoy the fruits of her labor.

As I was reading your headline the image I saw earlier today of Diane Feinstein ran across my mind. My thoughts upon seeing this photo of her earlier was "when did she get so old and how did it happen so fast" therefore I was not that surprised to discover that she indeed was the topic of your OP.

Maybe she's trying to keep busy? On the other hand, she is looking rather frail these days, maybe it is time to give it a rest and enjoy the fruits of her labor.

In her condition, allowing her to BE on a Committee was a slight stretch but allowing her to LEAD a Committee was just crazy ... which is why her fellow Democrats were encouraging her to retire.

Franco, it seems you called fellow Democrats' concern for Feinstein's health being fake news (or perhaps it was that other politicians cling to power past their prime)...

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

age-of-senate.jpg

The power of incumbency is almost absolute.

Forum List

Back