Why do classic rock stations keep playing the same songs on repeat?

metalwolf

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2020
I mean, why couldn't they play something by Molly Hatchet, Uriah Heep or such that people haven't heard for the 100th time on the radio dial?

Yeah some classic rock stations do that a little too much. My problem with them is all the non Classic Rock stuff they play.
Bee Gees, KC and the Sunshine band, Captain & Tennille, Abba.
I have heard all of these and more like it on today's Classic Rock stations. It's a true tragedy.

Classic rock stations play the greatest hits of rock. Most of them are automated and have a playlist of about 100 songs. Meanwhile I have an MP3 player with thousands of songs and the radio is just where I get some morning drive news.

Yall need to get Spotify.

The subscription is WELL WORTH IT.

I only hear what I want to hear when I want to hear it. No fucking commercials. No random music I don't want. Custom Playlists as deep as you want.

FUCK RADIO

Going to give you fellas a gift. After 8pm and all night long our local independent beach radio station plays the largest classic rock and blues playlist anywhere with minimal commercials. During the day it's crappy beach music though. Some people seem to like that too.

Listen to Oyster Radio on TuneIn

Riiiiight....And who does all the metric tracking?

30 seconds with google can cure basic ignorance....

Well, no.

Listenership is tracked using some pretty simple tools and statistical analysis. It really is pretty easy to do.
And listenership is based on you retaining ratings based on the music you play which is based on what it popular which boils down to top 40

Lmao

So YES

Forum List

Back