Zone1 Why do Americans look down on the Hispanic World?

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
California is full of whiskey and girls

They tend to make jokes about spanish names, spanish language, everything spanish. Someone said I dont look like Captain Hook but El Capitan Gancho. That is Spanish and means Captain Hook in Spanish. I dont know why he thinks that is suppossed to be a demeaning joke, or "funny", the Spanish Armada ruled the world before the Anglo-Saxons.

Looks more like El Capitan Gancho. Pedro Fernando Ramirez-Sanchez : "gancho"

I don't remember ever making fun of any spanish names or mexican.
Except for Jesus. Cause come on, thats just waiting to be made fun of.

Other than that, nope.

I've made fun of some Eastern Indian and Asian names because they sound like dirty words in English.
One guy I worked with a long time ago was from India, and you literally pronounced his last name as "Dickshit".

It happens in the reverse too, I've had some Eastern Indian people say that some American names are funny, because they mean silly things in their launguages.

They tend to make jokes about spanish names, spanish language, everything spanish. Someone said I dont look like Captain Hook but El Capitan Gancho. That is Spanish and means Captain Hook in Spanish. I dont know why he thinks that is suppossed to be a demeaning joke, or "funny", the Spanish Armada ruled the world before the Anglo-Saxons.

People make fun of everyone. There are jokes about the Irish, Italians, Polish, etc.

Why do Americans look down on the Hispanic World?​

Given that most of it is located SOUTH of the USA, looking down would seem to be the natural thing to do ... in the way that Americans look UP to Canada...

fy07-12strat_lg_plan_0507a.jpg

A Texan and a Mexican were having a heated argument ... The Texan said, "Why do you all hate us so much?".

The Mexican replied, "Senor, not only did you steal half of our country. You stole the half with all the paved roads.".

Rome,Spain, Greece and other latin types did rule the world for awhile.

People make fun of everyone. There are jokes about the Irish, Italians, Polish, etc.
We used to. Mort is a troll. We are the Anglosphere latin america is not.....Mort knows this he is a low level troll.

Rome,Spain, Greece and other latin types did rule the world for awhile.
For a very long time, and their skills, knowledge was spread North and West. 2 important things happened in the late 1400's,
1) Constantinople fell to the muslim barbarians
2) 2 new continents AKA the Americas was discovered by super advanced Europeans that were able to quickly adapt their ship building skills to manufacture reliable ships to traverse the Atlantic.

European countries that had open ports to the Atlantic, England, Netherlands, France, Spain, Portugal, flourished. Italy, Greece were Mediterranean based and they bore the task of having to fight off muslim hordes for centuries. (Spain as well).

Hispanics tend to have low level of educational attainment and consequently low incomes, and thus collect a lot of welfare proportionate To their numbers. That would be my guess.

And what happens when you dilute strength?
Just look around you and the answer is crystal clear .

Bit like mixing oil and water --- the car grinds to a halt .
that didnt answer my question....if the US is so violent and racist and looked down by other countries....WHY do so many minorities and people from the 3rd world want to live here?.....

that didnt answer my question....if the US is so violent and racist and looked down by other countries....WHY do so many minorities and people from the 3rd world want to live here?.....
Because they know they will get benefits once their anchor baby is born, including pro-rated housing subsidizes. The poorest people in this country live better than the average people in most countries.

Forum List

Back