Why Distinct Gender Roles Are Important To Kids & Society

:lol: Oh, wait. You were serious. Our "good friends" the Saudis are funding terrorists, but you're hyperfocused on Caitlyn Jenner. Very helpful.

At some point you will have to ask the obvious question: WHY are the Saudis funding terrorists. Eventually the word "infidel" and why that's their perception of us will come to the front of the conversation...

To Jihadis, you're the infidel.

Besides, it's a buzzword. The real issues are Western lifestyles/wealth and U.S. support for Israel.

You'd need to show evidence that they share any of your sexual fears. Actual evidence, as in facts. Can you do that?
Well I don't want to discuss how they throw homosexuals off of buildings. It's a bit macabre.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and venture "a completely unsubtantiated guess" and say that virtually every islamic person, moderate to whacko zealot, believes that distinct gender roles rae important to kids & society.
Now YOU substantiate how I am "wrong" about that educated guess, OK?

Last edited:
:lol: Oh, wait. You were serious. Our "good friends" the Saudis are funding terrorists, but you're hyperfocused on Caitlyn Jenner. Very helpful.

At some point you will have to ask the obvious question: WHY are the Saudis funding terrorists. Eventually the word "infidel" and why that's their perception of us will come to the front of the conversation...

To Jihadis, you're the infidel.

Besides, it's a buzzword. The real issues are Western lifestyles/wealth and U.S. support for Israel.

You'd need to show evidence that they share any of your sexual fears. Actual evidence, as in facts. Can you do that?
Well I don't want to discuss how they throw homosexuals off of buildings. It's a bit macabre.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and venture "a completely unsubtantiated guess" and say that virtually every islamic person, moderate to whacko zealot, believes that distinct gender roles rae important to kids & society.
Now YOU substantiate how I am "wrong" about that educated guess, OK?
Belief is not fact nor is it science or logic or compassion.
There idea of distinct gender roles is a kind of slavery.
By your twisted reconing women could not do anything thing outside the completely arbitrary idea of distinct gender roles.
Did I tell you that you are an obsessed asshole today.

By your twisted reconing women could not do anything thing outside the completely arbitrary idea of distinct gender roles.

I'm talking about the basics being that a man and woman are the nuclear family. You're advocating that they're not. I'm advocating that they are. The Prince's Trust Youth Index Survey of 2010 says that both a father and mother regular mentoring in a child's life is vital to their being productive and balanced people later in life. You're saying "so what?". I'm saying that's a very big "So what"..

I'm talking about the basics being that a man and woman are the nuclear family. You're advocating that they're not. I'm advocating that they are. The Prince's Trust Youth Index Survey of 2010 says that both a father and mother regular mentoring in a child's life is vital to their being productive and balanced people later in life. You're saying "so what?". I'm saying that's a very big "So what"..
The only "reason" you support that study is want it to quantify your bullshit.
Please post the link to that study.
From the title alone it appears to be extremely bias.

You know, since I posted the "Prince's Trust" thread here at USMB the link for the study has been hacked or deactivated at the Prince's Trust for the 2010 Youth Index. Go ahead and search for "2010 Prince's Trust Youth Index". You won't find a thing. But oddly they do one every year. Seems only recently any year prior to 2012 isn't accessible online anymore.

But the UK Guardian (who also used to link to the survey but removed that link) did an article on it. Here's a quote from their article and a link to that at least:

Prince's Trust Survey & The Voices of the Voteless (Children) in Gay Marriage Debate | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Teenagers without parental role model are 67% less likely to get a job Young men with no male role models in their lives and women without a mother figure struggle to keep their lives on track, a hard-hitting report warns today. The Prince’s Trust youth index, the largest survey of its kind, found that....67 per cent more likely to be unemployed than their counterparts. They are also significantly more likely to stay unemployed for longer than their peers, the report suggests....It found that young men with no male role model are 50 per cent more likely to abuse drugs and young females in the corresponding position are significantly more likely to drink to excess..

And..

Young men with no male role model to look up to were twice as likely to turn or consider turning to crime as a result of being unemployed...The report, which was based on interviews with 2,170 16 to 25-year-olds...These young men are also three times more likely to feel down or depressed all of the time and significantly more likely to admit that they cannot remember the last time they felt proud...They are also significantly less likely to feel happy and confident than those with male role models, according to the figures....The Prince’s Trust report, which was carried out by YouGov, suggests young people without male role models are more than twice as likely to lack a sense of belonging.

You know, since I posted the "Prince's Trust" thread here at USMB the link for the study has been hacked or deactivated at the Prince's Trust for the 2010 Youth Index. Go ahead and search for "2010 Prince's Trust Youth Index". You won't find a thing. But oddly they do one every year. Seems only recently any year prior to 2012 isn't accessible online anymore.

But the UK Guardian (who also used to link to the survey but removed that link) did an article on it. Here's a quote from their article and a link to that at least:

Prince's Trust Survey & The Voices of the Voteless (Children) in Gay Marriage Debate | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Teenagers without parental role model are 67% less likely to get a job Young men with no male role models in their lives and women without a mother figure struggle to keep their lives on track, a hard-hitting report warns today. The Prince’s Trust youth index, the largest survey of its kind, found that....67 per cent more likely to be unemployed than their counterparts. They are also significantly more likely to stay unemployed for longer than their peers, the report suggests....It found that young men with no male role model are 50 per cent more likely to abuse drugs and young females in the corresponding position are significantly more likely to drink to excess..

And..

Young men with no male role model to look up to were twice as likely to turn or consider turning to crime as a result of being unemployed...The report, which was based on interviews with 2,170 16 to 25-year-olds...These young men are also three times more likely to feel down or depressed all of the time and significantly more likely to admit that they cannot remember the last time they felt proud...They are also significantly less likely to feel happy and confident than those with male role models, according to the figures....The Prince’s Trust report, which was carried out by YouGov, suggests young people without male role models are more than twice as likely to lack a sense of belonging.
As I suspected a steaming pile of rationalizing.

It's actually a blow by blow collection of facts that you can research for yourself (anyone reading here too) to verify. But when up is down and black is white in the insane world of LGBT, then facts become "steaming piles of rationalizing". I prefer facts. You prefer fantasy.

It's actually a blow by blow collection of facts that you can research for yourself (anyone reading here too) to verify. But when up is down and black is white in the insane world of LGBT, then facts become "steaming piles of rationalizing". I prefer facts. You prefer fantasy.

Again, nonsense. The Prince Trust study doesn't say a thing about 'moms' and 'dads'. It speaks of good same sex role models. And cites a Mentoring Program as a source for them.

Just evicerating your entire basis of argument that ONLY a mother or father can provide them.

Again, Sil....you know you're lying your ass off. We know you're lying your ass off. And you know we know you're lying your ass off. So who are you repeating the same debunked nonsense for?

Again, nonsense. The Prince Trust study doesn't say a thing about 'moms' and 'dads'.

Really? Prove that the UK Guardian misquoted the Prince's Trust 2010 Youth Index Survey here:

and here:

Again, nonsense. The Prince Trust study doesn't say a thing about 'moms' and 'dads'.

Really? Prove that the UK Guardian misquoted the Prince's Trust 2010 Youth Index Survey here:

and here:

Those aren't quotes of the Prince Trust study. This is:

In addition to indexing the happiness and wellbeing of young people, the report explores some significant demographic differences between young people. They include a comparison between those not in education employment or training with their peers...those without a positive role model of their gender in their lives (women without a positive female role model and men without a positive male role model) and their peers...those with fewer than five GCSEs graded A* to C (or equivalent) with their peers... Respondents are asked how happy and confident they are in different areas of their life. The responses are converted to a numerical scale, resulting in a number out of 100-- with 100 representing entirely happy or confident and zero being not at all happy or confident.

And it explicitly cites positive role model of their gender. Which of course you know....as the above quote is from one of your old threads on the study.

As I said, you're lying your ass off. You know it. We know it. You know we know it. Making this entire thread just another self soothing thumb sucker exercise....where you repeat comforting lies to yourself.

In addition to indexing the happiness and wellbeing of young people, the report explores some significant demographic differences between young people. They include a comparison between those not in education employment or training with their peers...those without a positive role model of their gender in their lives (women without a positive female role model and men without a positive male role model) and their peers...those with fewer than five GCSEs graded A* to C (or equivalent) with their peers... Respondents are asked how happy and confident they are in different areas of their life. The responses are converted to a numerical scale, resulting in a number out of 100-- with 100 representing entirely happy or confident and zero being not at all happy or confident.
Again, what is the best role model possible for a child of their own gender? Answer: a parent.

Again, what is the best role model possible for a child of their own gender? Answer: a parent.

Your narrative is that ONLY a parent can be a same sex role model. And as always, your narrative is meaningless gibberish.

As the study you cited didn't even mention mothers, fathers or parents. That is instead you citing yourself. See above about meaningless gibberish.

Forum List

Back